2005 Acura TSX

9.5

Based on 391 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

9.7/10

Amazing car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "BALANCE of all good traits"

Cons: "AC Compressor bad design."

"This car is an incredible balance of fun, luxery, style, practicality, size, performance, and capability. Its just amazing how perfectly balanced it is and then throw on top of that the fun and durablity its a home run.I have gotten as high as 32MPG Highway but normally get 28 with mostly highway driving. I only use regular gas. I bought the car with 69K on it and have now owned it for 6 years and am at 198K. Its running GREAT. I have only had 2 repairs in those 6 years. I have had to replace the AC compressor twice. Apparantly its a bad design low on the engine that is prone to failure and Honda will give a partial refund to those that have had them replaced at a dealer. My only advice is dont opt for a used compressor like i did the first time i replaced it. Other than that all i have done is plugs, oil, brakes, tires, rotors, filters, serpantine belt, radiator hoses and gasoline."

lOVE THIS CAR!

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

"lOVE THIS CAR SINCE THE DAY I BOUGHT IT IN 2011. iT DOES NOT RIDE LIKE A 8 YEAR OLD CAR EVEN TODAY."

I love driving it; extremely smooth.

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "no AUX plug outlet"

"The interior is a beauty and very comfortable"

Extremely low mileage for a 9-year-old car.

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

"Extremely low mileage for a 9-year-old car. Excellent condition."

Easily beats the competitors in its 2007 class!

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, reliable, easy to use, easy to own"

Cons: "Slow, small, so-so gas mileage"

"My TSX has been absolutely reliable, comfortable, and dependable for the entire period of ownership. I'm the second owner and I picked it up when it had about 28,000 miles on it (it had been leased by a female before I bought it, my only data for the previous owner). Since I was coming from the dark world of out-of-warranty BMW ownership, I had been conditioned like Pavlov's dog to expect big service bills and lots of annoying build quality headaches. Instead, the Acura has proven to be a reliable and dependable companion for nearly 75,000 miles under my ownership. There have been virtually zero mechanical issues and the only things which have broken have been minor nonessential items. What has worked well: • The car has been reliable and dependable and has never once left me stranded or without a working car. It just works. The build quality has stood up to years of being parked outside, short and long trips alike, and plenty of use for my personal and business travel. • It still looks good! Even though it's a few generations old now, the car still looks good. I have very dark tinted windows which I think looks great on a silver car by creating a contrast. The 17" alloy wheels also look nice. It's not the sexiest car in town by any means but it is respectable at business functions, on dates, and for cruising around. • Acura service is pretty affordable and I've had a good experience with them. I know that taking it to the dealer for service, particularly outside the warranty, is unnecessary and more expensive than using an independent mechanic. However, having "free" access to loaner vehicles (most recently a brand new Acura RLX!) is invaluable and they do a nice job at prices that I can almost always understand. Again, I'm coming from BMW ownership, so your perspective may vary. What hasn't worked so well: • The trunk release button broke and is pretty expensive to replace. I can still open the trunk through the lever on the inside of the car or with my key fob so I have just written off the third method of entry. • The ashtray door swivels on a hinge and mine has been broken for awhile. Again, too expensive to replace for something I don't really use. A minor annoyance. • The bluetooth phone feature is nice but it requires me to shout to be heard and the audio quality of the other party isn't great either. I almost never use it. • I'm a big guy and the car is kind of small but that is a user decision and not the fault of the car itself. • My fuel economy hasn't been too great considering it's a small car with a small 4-cylinder engine. Again, this comes down to the user, but I'd like something above 30MPG and it does not consistently achieve that in the city. On the highway, it'll do 30+ MPG though. All-in-all, I can't say enough good things about this car. It's almost hard to pick anything apart with it. If you're looking for something reliable, reasonably good looking, with great features and a solid power train, look no further."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TSX near Honolulu. See local deals