2005 Acura TSX

9.5

Based on 397 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

9.7/10

220,00 and still going

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Very Reliable, 200 HP, 30 MPG highway..."

Cons: "Not exactly thrilling looking from side or back"

"bought this car new in 2004. It has needed four sets of tires and a brake job, a battery, a 125,000 mile tune up, and an oxygen sensor. That is it. Whoever posted that they paid for the center console replacement should run back to Acura and demand a refund... they had to replace then all as they were faulty. I cannot say enough about how great this car still runs and looks."

Own this vehicle for 10 yrs and it's still kicking

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance value over the life of the car."

Cons: "None. You get what you paid for, a great car."

"I bought my 2004 Acura TSX in May of 2003. I was one of the first customers to get my hands on it right off the assembly line. As a young professional, this was the perfect car to start with. It had a very sporty feel with a luxury touch to it. As my first vehicle purchase, I keep it in excellent shape. Oil changes and specific services were always maintained. I have my own mechanic, so whenever an issue arouse (engine relating), I would have my mechanic quickly service it to the dealers specifications. This saved me tons of money in the long run. The only time I had to shell out major money to the Acura service dept. was to repair the center console stack when the display went out. The only major fix for my mechanic was for a compressor fix on the AC unit. I've changed out the tires with a brand new set only twice with the lifetime of this vehicle. With proper maintenance, I was able to extend the wear of my tires beyond what they were rated for. A testament to that was easily surviving all three snowstorms during snowmageddon. I'm sure proper maintenance can extend the life of any vehicle; however, there's something about the way the TSX was built. It may not be the fastest, but it has just enough power. It wasn't the most expensive, but it still had a touch of class."

Best car in it's class!

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Styling, handeling, fun to drive, east to maintain"

Cons: "road noise, could be a tad larger"

Love this car!

"I have owned this car for 3 years now. We bought it with 80k miles on it. We were hesitant with the millage however, we knew it was a "Honda" and we could risk it. Originally we fell for it because of the looks. No other car in our price range was this fully loaded. Then, we learned through an Acura mechanic (that we know as a friend) that this car has a timing belt instead of a chain-so we could rest a little easier about the millage. He also told us that this was a low maintenance vehicle. So far- he was right. We did have to replace the alternator at 115K miles. Only cost $300 so that wasn't horrible considering that has been the ONLY issue we have ever had with the car. The road noise can get a little loud every now and then. Hoping better tires may help this, but, in no way does this make me like my car less. Great car, love the interior, the audio everything. Could not have purchased a better car! And, she has a TON of life left in her!"

Love this car!

Best value of any car I've ever owned.

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "Great value for the price."

Cons: "Not too comfy if you're a big person"

"I've owned this since 7-7-05. I drive a lot for my job (nearly 50,000/yr). I now have 307,500 miles and it's still running well. No major repairs done other than replaced the A/C Condenser and other routine maintenance. I change the oil"

Love it

By on Saturday, September 27, 2008

"I have owned this car for 2 and 1/2 years and would never buy anything else from now on. Its the first Acura I owned and the first car that never went to the shop for repairs or recalls. Oil changes are every 5 to 6 thousand miles and on highway, I get between 33 - 37 miles per gallon. Plan on getting it for a long time."

Astonished

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

"I bought this one 2 years ago with 30k on the clock...clean and fully loaded, including the NAV system. In the words of the Auto Nations dealer who sold me the car, "You're getting a better Honda"; an homage to the '98 Accord V6 coupe I'd bought new, and traded in (for $3,000 credit). The Accord was still running and getting rated mileage...but it suffered from the kind of 'cosmetic' issues you expect after 11 years. It also didn't start unless you leaned back on the transmission stick; an artifact of a transmission rebuild that didn't go quite right. The TSX was only a 4-banger, but it promised the same horsepower as the V6 Accord: 200, but elsewhere on the engine rpm curve. I found the TSX lacked the 'snap your head back' characteristic when you punched the gas pedal at highway speed that the Accord still had with 220,000 miles on the clock. Translation: it took a pregnant pause longer for you to feel that burst of speed, but it eventually got there. The main difference is in fuel economy. The best highway mpg I ever got with the Accord, at 70 mph and too much air in the front tires was 30; not bad for a V6, but I didn't dare overinflate the front tires in rainy weather or for long trips in the summer. The TSX? 41.5 mpg highway with the 'right' mix of premium and regular unleaded. The engine calls for 90 octane; who sells 90 octane? Yes, there used to be places that sold low octane, 100 octane and 3 versions of 'mid-grade'; not anymore. So I would fill the tank with primo (93 octane) where it's cheap, and top it off when I'd driven 200 miles with regular (87 octane); with a roughly half-and-half mix, I was burning 90 octane gas. Coming home one night, I stopped at a station that must have had some really fresh premium; I topped it off and started home, 67 miles of mostly highway driving south on interstate 95. I started out on the highway at 65 and slowly accelerated it to 70, kicking out the cruise control to 'coast' on downhill runs. The trip compute was still reading 41.5 mpg by the time I'd pulled into my garage. Stylistically, the interior of the car is like a Mercedes or BMW; aside from the signature Acura logo on the wheel, the fit and finish of the leather seats, the plastic/vinyl accoutrements and the power seat adjustments make for a very elegant and comfortable ride. The dual-zone climate control system is a bit cryptic; and though I actually prefer more 'manual' control over the air conditioning here in Florida, the system works well. My only complaint is that have to invoke a whole set of menus and options through the touch-screen of the NAV display to do something as trivial as make the fan blow harder. Now that winter is upon us, I love driving around with the sliding sun roof open. On sunny days when I know it isn't going to rain, I leave it in 'position 2'; cracked open to vent hot air, while still providing security for my stuff. With 17 inch rims and 200 horse in a car not much bigger than a Corolla, it feels like I'm driving a European sport sedan. I love the 'trip-tronic' auto-manual feature of the transmission and often initiate planned braking by using engine compression to slow me down. For this reason, I expect to go a long time before I need to do a brake job. Of course, 'horsing around' costs you fuel economy. Still, with a combined 27 city/highway mileage, I've got some margin to play around. The Auto Nations guy was right; it's a better Honda. I've put 33,000 miles on the car in the last 2 years. I'll let you know how we're doing in another 160,000 miles."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "stylish easy to handle"

Cons: "not made for large families.or tall ppl, im 6'4''"

"This car has been one of the best cars that I have ever purchased. I got it with 42 miles and now it has 165,000. Replaced the timing chain at 155,000 just for preventative. Never had it tuned up till that point and it never gave me any problems. Still have the original head lamps. Would highly recommend this car to anyone."

Very Comfortable, Great Vaule

By on Monday, May 04, 2009

"I love this car! I've owned it for 3 years and am so sad that we will soon be moving onto a bigger car for family needs. It's got a smooth ride, comfortable seats, and everything you need. We've been looking to sell it and it's held it's value well, too. I've never loved a car like I love this one! I'll miss it!"

Great Car for the Money

By on Thursday, April 23, 2009

"My mother and I previously leased a 2003 Acura TL each. The leases came due and we "downsized" and got the 2006 Acura TSX instead of another TL. We have both absolutely loved our cars. The TSX is great on gas and I just can't believe the horsepower you get for a 4-cylinder car. In addition, Honda is known for its quality and Acuras have so many standard features that you pay extra for on BMW's and Benzes. When I compared the Acura to these models as well as the comparable Infiniti and Lexus models, the Acura always won on value, hands down. Why pay extra for leather seats, moon roof, fog lights, heated seats, multi-CD changer, and other stuff that comes standard on an Acura? If you buy or lease one of these cars, you will definitely not be disappointed. The leases are coming due again and we'll both get another Honda-made car. No question about it."

By on Monday, March 09, 2009

"I bought this '06 new in Sept 2006. I've had it for about 2-1/2 years and it is the best car I've ever owned. I get about 24 mpg around town, and get mid 30's on the highway. It takes a light foot to get that mileage, but with the instant mileage gauge, it isn't hard. I love the heated seats, the sound system, and the navigation system (especially the voice activated sound and climate controls). It is fun to drive and sporty. While it isn't a rocket off the line, it has plenty of power once you get a few rpms going. There isn't anything I would change with this car. When recently asked what car I would buy if I could spend $40k on a new car, I said I wouldn't! I don't want to ever get rid of this car."

best car i've ever owned !

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "PERFORMANCE,AGILITY,AMENITIES,FUEL ECONOMY"

Cons: "TRUNK COULD BE LARGER"

"BOUGHT NEW IN FEB. 2005.IN 98000 MILES THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS ONE DOOR LOCK STOPPED WORKING.DEALER REPAIRED IT UNDER WARRANTY.IT HANDLES EXCEPTIONALLY WELL AND PERFORMS LIKE A SMALL V-8 INSTEAD OF A 2.4L FOUR CYLINDER.GREAT SOUND SYSTEM!IT GETS 33 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY DOING 80 MPH,24-25 AROUND TOWN.USES 1/4 QUART OF OIL BETWEEN 20000 MILE INTERVAL OIL CHANGES.I CHANGE MY OWN OIL AND USE ' AMSOIL 5W-30' SINCE DAY ONE."

best car ever

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive great car all around. fuel good, etc"

Cons: "slight road noise"

"i have owned this car for 5 1/2 years and have loved almost everything about it. the only things i have replaced after 110000 miles is one rear tail lamp, wiper blades twice, one battery, and the front floor mats. the 6 disk changer did go out around 90,000 miles. dont know if it was a electrical failure or my fault by not cleaning old cds. Other than that i have owned 10 cars and i loved my 2006 acura tsx so much i traded in a year later for a 2007 same color and all tsx and have kept it."

Road Warrior

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Great value, built extremely well, fun to drive"

Cons: "Road Noise"

"I bought my TSX new in 2005, and now have 172K miles. Nothing has broken, ever on this car. I get the same milage as day one. The unfortunate thing for Acura, is that they make cars so well, they last too long, and I have no need for a new one."

Beauty and Performance... best car ever!

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "hold it's value, reliable, beautiful"

Cons: "truly, none."

"This is my 2nd Acura. Had a 2003 TL but traded it in for this because it was too big and consumed more gas than I liked. I NEVER regretted it! This car has been super reliable, it is beautiful, graceful and comfortable. I usually start to itch for a new car at the 7 year mark. No matter what car I look at, it just doesn't compare to mine! I will likely drive this until it dies. I just can't see trading such a perfect vehicle. BTW, I have the navigation system... this has been wonderful. Only complaint is that even the updated DVD isn't totally acurate all the time. But the ease of use and huge screen are fantastic."

Good Buy

By on Wednesday, June 06, 2007

"I have a 2005 TSX. Overall, it has been a great car. A little disappointed in the little things that have gone wrong (window gaskets, headlight and rear suspension recalls). Dealer experience has been very good, however. The brakes wear quickly. They seem undersized for the car."

great car!!!

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

"I have owned this car since new.I chg oil with synthetic at 20% (avg 4000-4500 mi).This is my third Acura (TL,CL,TSX).For the $ this car has it all.have done nothing to it except reg maint items (batt,pads etc...)Still runs like the day I bought it.....I love this car and will not ever sell it.....8)"

GREAT vehicle!!

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun, economical (27 mpg), sporty"

Cons: "Ride is more sporty, less luxury/comfort."

"This car is everything a car should be -- it has a 200 hp 4 cyl. engine -- gets 27 MPG, is responsive, sporty, quick, fun to drive -- I'd buy this again and again. It has been totally reliable. It has creature comforts such as heated seats, power sun roof, 6 cd player, fold down rear seats to allow transport of larger/long items -- skis, big dogs, etc... I cannot say enough good about this car. Acura should be proud of themselves."

Best all around value!!

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, standard equipment, looks, quality"

Cons: "could use about 15 more pony's"

"I have owned my 2006 Acura TSX for two plus weeks and to say the least it has been a dream. The TSX was an upgrade from 1998 Honda Civic (Which I would also recommend as a first car). The sheer volume of features you get for the money in this vehicle is what sold me, features such as, memory seats, blue-tooth, heated seats, moon roof, and optional XM radio are just goodies that keep on giving. For perspective I was shopping the BMW 3 series, Audi A4-A6, the Lexus IS line, Mercedes C-Class, and a few others. I drove all the before mentioned and they all performed excellently for my needs. The BMW is what it is a machine of grace and performance as is the C-Class. But when I broke it down I could not bring myself to pay for the name and not receive what I felt was the best bang for my buck. Enter the TSX similar in horse power 205hp (when premium gas is used) has better average MPG than the BMW and C-Class I currently get 28.5, and the same features and more than the others luxury brands. Overall I rate this car at a 9.5."

Excellent Value

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I purchased this car 5+ years ago, new from a dealer. I have put 130,000 miles on the car and have loved every second of it. The manual transmission is the smoothest I have driven and the gearing is considerably sportier than the automatic (based on my experience my Mother has since had 2 TSX's, my brother still has his 2008 and my wife just got a 2010, non of which have had any flaws). The Gas mileage is excellent, a full highway trip will still yield me 33+ mpg and my commute (3/4 highway, 1/4 city) has consistently delivered 27-28 mpg with some spirited driving mixed in. If taken care of the interior is still flawless on my car. The one minor complaint is with the paint job, seems to be a little light and I am starting to see minor fading (no garage for the 5 years and many highway miles with trucks). The car is extremely comfortable for long rides, the navigation is reliable and accurate, the XM radio integration is seemless. My one recommendation would be to wax the car frequently to try and maintain the paint job, it is my one regret."

Very happy TSX owner

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"The TSX is a great value and offers a nice blend of vehicular virtues. It's got good pickup while still being fuel efficient, handles very well, comes with a number of safety features including stability control, has a great looking interior and has been cheap to maintain. The resale values are very good. In emergency situations, its braking and maneuvering has been confidence inspiring - very sure footed. I cross shopped Audi A4's and BMW 3 series, but similar features as the TSX pushed the price tag up to over $8k beyond what I paid. The 3 series and A4 are nice, but not $8k nicer. I enjoy the TSX more each day."

Great car!

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Good on gas, cool looks, lots of little luxuries"

Cons: "paint seems to chip easily"

"I've had this car for about 4 years now and it has really been good. Still enjoying it and still get compliments on it too. Also, surprisingly, I don't see many of these on the road but when I do I proudly recognize my car and its smooth cool lines; its a classic. If you're thinking of getting one, I'd highly recommend it."

Awesome car!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Sport luxury feel for low price, great gas mileage"

"I bought this car two years ago and love driving it everyday. I had a 2002 mustang before trading that in for this and the ride quality is what hit me immediately. I enjoyed playing around in the mustang and kind of miss the manual transmission, but this TSX is just classy. It offers great styling inside and out, a very smooth comfortable ride, good gas mileage,8 speaker sound system, and every tech feature that I could imagine myself wanting out of a car. I would definately recommend this vehicle to a friend!"

2004 Acura TSX - A

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "beautiful, ages well, reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Rear leg room could be better"

Taken summer 2012

"I have owned my 2004 Acura TSX since mid 2006. I bought it with 45,000 miles, and I now have 136,000; it still sounds, looks, and performs the way it did when I bought it. I have never had any maintenance or mechanical issues with my car, however I have been religous about all of it's maintenance. People still tell me that the inside and out look brand new (I am sure the new car scent I always have applied when the car is detailed helps). My car is pearl white, when tan leather interior, black"

Taken summer 2012

Very reliable.

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Have owned this car for 6 years. It has been an excellent car. No major problems. Just typical wear and tear (i.e. tires, brakes...)"

A Drivers Paradise

By on Saturday, March 20, 2010

"I have had this car for about 4 years now. Driven it across the united states and covered 53000 miles in my ride.. I will never part with this unless it is at an extreme case. This has been the best companion and I will never regret buying this car. I have had a good gas mileage of over 35 miles to the gallon on highway sometimes even upto 38 miles to the gallon.. in city i get on an average of about 28 to 30 miles to the gallon... Blue tooth and Navi are a bonus and all my friends who have seen my ride and experienced it absolutely eny my ride... I have voted against renting vehicles for my drive coz i love it so much.. I will recommend an Acura to anybody with my eyes shut. Excellent ride.. Owners pride.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TSX near Honolulu. See local deals