2009 Acura TL

9.5

Based on 181 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

9.7/10

Best car ever!! Better than my 01 Porsche Carrera

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "Fun car to drive, fast, road hugger"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"Back up camera great for the parking lots"

Just as I expected

By on Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pros: "roomy,fun,comfortable and smart"

Cons: "MPG, initial acceleration"

"I checked them all out. The TL has more room, More technology, Better interior, Better sound system and better voice activation system than anything under 60K.The exterior is nice looking. the interior is total class (I miss the wood trim of my old 2006 TL though).This is the car for anyone looking for a good mix of Class ,comfort and room if you find yourself often having 4-5 people in your car. The AWD is awesome but hampers the MPg and initial acceleration.I thought my 2006 TL was the best car I,ve had but this could top it."

Well balanced quality

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pros: "Balanced, fun to drive, original design,"

Cons: "No folding back seats."

"The only thing people ever seem too knock on the TL is the grill, I floated for the chrome package to flaunt it. My car stands out in a sea of Beamers and Audis.. I have the SHAWD with the 6 speed. Rare car since there were only 6000 6 speeds produced that year.. I love it! I wish they didn't give into all the haters and tame the grill this year, Acura should have made all the Tl's with chrome grills instead of the brushed aluminum.. Looks way better!"

Has been an excellent car-

By on Sunday, June 5, 2016

"Great pick up even at 175K miles, great reliability. Bit of a sports car type ride, ok for us. Great maintence dollar output- never high and always affordable and fair at dealership. My second Acura and may not be my last."

Sporty but in a Luxury vehicle

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "fun and holds it's value"

Cons: "small side mirrors"

"I have had this car 2 years and NOT ONE thing has gone wrong with it. It is fast, dependable and FUN to drive. I can't wait to own my next Acura."

Fantastic Car to Drive

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

"In the car 2500-3000 miles per month. Both long and short trips. 6'-7" 270 lbs and have found the car to accomodate me comfortably. Watch out when you hit the gas, this car can really move. Lots of fun to drive. My only fault with the car is too much interior noise at highway speeds - especially on concrete surfaces."

best

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "everything you ever want in a luxury vehicle !"

"get more in a acura than any other luxury car!"

By on Friday, March 11, 2011

"I have the 2011 SH-AWD and this is one solid car, which is my 2nd TL. Although a firmer ride than the FWD, it is still comfortable and the handling is geat.....it sticks to the road, particularly wet roads like glue. Can't beat it for the features, realiability and price"

Sleek Curves and Surprising Power

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"We purchased the new TL with tech pkg. I fell in love at first sight. She hadn't been on the lot but a few days and fresh from the factory. Dealer had added some features that really made her stand out. Looked at a BMW and Infinity before seeing this car and there was no comparison to the Acura. The sound system is awesome and Acura has much more leg room in the back for my son than the other two makes I was interested in. Love the premium leather as well. A perfect fit for me. As far as reliability, only time will tell. First Acura we have ever purchased and no problems thus far. The Acura commercial for the TL with the spinning bullet transforming into the TL is "right on"."

Love, Love, Love it!

By on Saturday, November 20, 2010

"I love the edgy in your face style. It drives great and the interior is well layed out. Looks like a cockpit and this baby drives like a dream. This is the best car that I have ever owned. Roomy enough for the family to enjoy and powerful enough for the driver. I love hitting corners in this baby. Sweet!"

Amazing Car

By on Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"This is my Third Acura. It is the second time I have owned a TL. This car is AMAZING. It is Beautiful to look at, Fun to drive and the sound system on the Tech model is incredible !!!!"

By on Thursday, October 14, 2010

"i am leasing the tl tech and it is by far the best car and most fun car i have ever driven"

By on Saturday, October 2, 2010

Just purchased my second TL

By on Monday, October 3, 2011

Pros: "Power, handling, comfort"

Cons: "Still not in love with the rear end styling."

"I had a 2007 TL which I loved on the day I bought it new and was sad to part with the trusted friend when I traded it in with 90,000 trouble free miles. The 2012 TL is a little bigger and rides a little quieter but still handles very nicely - much like my wife's BMW but with a lot more comfort.I have been averaging 25 miles per gallon combined mileage and over 30 on the feeeway. The car now has 6 speeds which is a nice addition for 2012. The exterior styling is better than the 2011 but still is not yet perfect. Trunk access is not as easy as before and they deleted the very handy tip out side door pockets. I test drove a Lexus, Infinity, Audi and BMW but came back to the TL for value, power, comfort and handling. The TL was the hands down overall winner."

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"I recently purchased the all new SH TL and simply love it! I have owned a 5 series BMW, as well as, an e-class Benz both of which are really nice cars but the maintenance cost will hit you in the wallet. Trust me on that. However, I rank the TL right up there with them. Its handling, power and safisticated elegance is awesome. Not to mention its reliability and proven track record. I have finally found everything I was looking for in a vehilce. I had a couple of extras put on it such as the Acura manufactured chrome rims so I wouldn't compromise the ride of the vehicle, as well as, splash guards, custom mats/trunk tray. It has turned many heads! I'm in my mid forties and didn't want a conservtive car but wanted more of a luxury/sport type vehicle and after driving the TL for leass than 10 minutes BINGO! You have got to check the TL out!"

Great to be back in an Acura

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Great looking ride, luxury for low price"

Cons: "Wish base model had the Michelin tires"

"I just bought my 2012 base model and really have not driven it much since I still have my Accord for another few weeks. However, when I have driven it I love it. I have owned my '03 Accord since it was new and have always been a Honda/Acura guy (this is my 3rd Acura). I wanted to step up from the Accord, but not really into the high priced BMW/Mercedes/Audi crowd. I like to have a nice car but my practical side (and two kids in college) budget won't allow it. I got this base model for under $30K and there is nothing on the market that compares at that price. I looked hard at the new Camry and the VW Passat ... both are boring and ordinary. The TL is sporty, classy and different. The base model has all the options I need and while it may not be a BMW 5 series in terms of performance, I don't drive a car all out anyway so high performance is not my thing. It looks great, rides great, gets decent mileage (getting 28 mpg on the gauge) and its an Acura."

A lot of bang for the buck!

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"I've had the car for 3 months now. Love the navigation and satelite stereo. Leather seats very comfortable and great gas mileage at around 25 city/hwy. Looked at the Infinity G37, Cadillac CTS and Lexus. Call other Acura Delers in your state as the price can fluctuate by $1500-$2000."

Bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"I've had my 2009 Acura TL Tech/AWD now for 3 months. It may be a little early to rate this vehicle but in my opinion it's worth the money. The engine is powerful, stereo is out of this world and it's a comfort to commute to and from work. I have 2 vehicles and I can not stay out of driving this, it's a joy to drive."

Excellent value, excellent automobile.

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Quick acceleration/very fuel efficient."

Cons: "Road noise a bit excessive."

"Have owned my 2012 Acura TL with tech package for six months (have put 8k miles on it). Tech package is very intuitive once you read the manual. Best Navigation system I have seen. Ride is smooth and car handles extremely well. The 280hp engine and 6 speed auto transmission is awesome with very quick acceleration. Merging into high speed traffic never a problem. At 70mph, engine is steady at a little under 2000rpm. Since ownership, overall average mileage is 28.9. Highway driving on trips averages 31.8 mpg. Seats are very comfortable, Climate control is perfect and definitely the best sound system I have heard in any vehicle. A fantastic automobile at a very reasonable price."

A great Luxury sports sedan...and everyone fits

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Roomy, comfortable, killer sound system"

Cons: "lack of interior color choices,gas milage"

"3rd TL owned. very comfortable interior with all the great bells and whistles.Best sound system heard in a car so far.Feels like a 60K car inside and out but I have the Tech package and you cant get a wood interior trim with it. The Brushed aluminum looks ultra modern but I like that classic luxury look like my 2006 TL. I also dont like the interior color choices.very limited.The voice activation system is the best and easiest thing ever devised! I dont think I've touched a button on the dashboard yet.Best part is it easily fits 5 adults very comfortably in this car. Cant say that about any Euro car. Car is a little sluggish off the mark. I think its the SH-AWD that causes it but all of a sudden,BOOM,your at 80 and dont realize it.I'm getting 22.8 MPG right now but I dont like the fact that you have to use at least 89 octane or you will see lower MPG and slight knocking on starts.Overall, easily the best luxury sedan on the market for under 60K(loaded)."

Best bang for 40K bucks!!! Update#1

By on Friday, June 8, 2012

Pros: "Still surprisingly fast; quite a looker"

Cons: "Road noise"

"After having my 2012 TL for almost a year (11 months now) and 12,000 miles it still hasn't changed my mind about the best car for 40K review headline. I can compare it to 5 series (previous car) but why bother when the same 5 series was well over 50K with similar options. Besides I haven't spent anytime at the dealership (except for 2 oil changes, each an hour or less, thank you Hall Acura) and that's something I can't say about the 5 series. This car is virtually bullet proof. No issues whatsoever and like I said it even looks darn good (especially 2012 edition with the facelift). I will continue to post the updates and see how long this car can continue to impress. Go out and get one, you won't be disappointed."

Love my 2012 TL SHAWD Tech!

By on Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pros: "Great price, used Truecar and stuck to my guns."

Cons: "none, smart buy."

"This is my second TL, the first was a 2003 TL-S. My new TL is absolutely awesome, it is dead reliable, has the best nav and entertainment system ever produced and it is a kick to drive. I traded a BMW M6 for this Acura and even though the BMW had more power, I much prefer driving the Acura. I thought the saleswoman was making up "torque vectoring", but this thing is amazing at carving up corners. Hands down the best combination of sportiness, comfort, reliability, and tech features."

Best Car ever.

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Great gas, low maintenance, nothing to repair."

Cons: "Quality of the leather used."

"One of the best cars we have ever had, and we have had lexus, mercedes etc. This one is a 2009 Tl, bought new. We have 60,000 miles on this car without any issues, original brakes, did put new Michelin's on at 40,000 miles. Regular oil changes and rotations. Will highly recommend the TL. The only issue with Acura is the quality of their leather it does show the wear and tear only after a couple of years. The dealer has been willing to replace the driver's seat leather at no cost. They get a "10" as far as I am concerned. "Great Car for the money""

Excellent Vehicle

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"This is our 3rd TL and the 2009 TL is better than previous generations. We looked at the Maxima, Mazda 6i, Lexus ES350 and other higher end vehicles and the TL was the best price/performance car. Quiet ride, roomy, and great stereo system. The only knock on the vehicle is that it takes alot of time to learn how to use all of the navigation, blue tooth and stereo system features. Get alot of compliments on this car"

Dollar per comfort the best value around

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, Quiet, Responsive, Spacious, Value"

Cons: "small delay on paddle shifts, underlock from 2-1"

"Comparing this to cars of similar class but higher value, I would take this car 10 times over one against A4's, 325i,335is,the IS 250/350. It has been a perfect car for quietly romping about in town, long 5 hour drives to mammoth, and pushing on winding roads. It is not an Evo X, my former car, but has better class, comfort, and reliability than everything else in its segment. This is not better than an A7 or 5 series, but will be more affordable to drive because of its refinement and quality."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals