2008 Acura TL

9.4

Based on 722 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

One of a kind

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"I purchased my TL in Dec 04 and have never had one regret. Since I have been driving the average amount of time that I have kept a vehicle is 6months to 1 year and I have owned everything from a Corvette Z06 to a Lexus SC430 to a Lexus LS470. Needless to say, I have had the oppurtunity to experience a variety of different vehicles and the TL has by far been the most well rounded vehicle I have ever owned. It's a fun car to drive, stylish, gets average gas mileage (I drive in stop and go traffic everyday) and holds its value well. When I purchased the car in 04 I added 19 inch wheels and I receive countless compliments daily on how awesome it looks! I even have a new BMW 5 series owner regretting his purchase after seeing and driving the TL. I have loved the car from day one, and have owned the car almost 4 years now. I am looking to buy a larger vehicle now and it will be an Acura for sure."

What's not to Luv

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"This is my 8th Acura and first TL and can honestly say the TL is probably one of the best-valued lux sedans on the market. I looked at the Infinity G35X and while an excellently appointed car the cost exceeded the TL significantly. The TL is fully appointed at a fair price and the bonus is that it is responsive and fun to drive (a convertible would be as awesome model addition). The only downside during these rising gas price times is that premium is recommended. The upside is that I get 30-34 mpg consistantly on my highway commute (over 26 mpg in town). I'm somewhat used to this as all my Acura's took premium. I've never had engine issues so don't cheap out and use regular. Other Acura's I've owned had over 250K mi before trading in. Do youself a favor, if you are in the market for this category of car, buy it, you will not be disappointed."

Great value. Alot of vehicle for the dollar.

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

"I have owned my TL for 4 years now and have been completely satisfied with it. It has a great combination of performance and luxury. The sporty, aggressive body design does not look dated and in my opinion is more attractive the the current body design that is in showrooms now. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to find a great used vehicle with current technology, sporty design, and all the ammenities you would expect from Acura."

By Far the Best Car on the road

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "kind of pricey but worth every penny plus some!!!"

"This car is the best car i have ever owned. It runs like a dream, is very very comfortable, its fast, its extremely reliable, it looks awsome, its good on gas, it feels like its worth a million bucks. Never had one problem with my TL and its 4 years old and over 100,00 miles. Still drives new. Will never trade this car in for anything other than another TL. Better than any mercedes or BMW by far!"

Very Nice Ride

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Interior Power and Cosmetics"

Cons: "Hard to mod and expensive to fix."

"This is the second acura tl I've owned and I love it. The styling and mechanics are flawless. Plenty of power for all types of drivers the only downfall is how expensive and difficult it is to modify. And blue book value does not show truly how nice these are"

I love my 2006 TL

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Looks great, great gas mileage, enough power"

Cons: "Mines 6 years old (not the car's fault)"

"I bought this car brand new in 2006 for about 32k totally loaded. I have 107k miles on it now and still love it as much as I did in 2006. Solid gas mileage still... I'm averaging 26 MPG. I was dissapointed in Acura for changing the body style and engine in the 2009 models. If you can find a solid 2008 TL with low miles.... buy it.... it's worth every penny."

Acura TL Type S

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"Bought this car earlier in the year (2007 TL Type S). Could not be happier. Acceleration and handling are excellent. The type S has a beefed up suspension which provides better handling than the standard TL. The Type S also comes with Brembo brakes standard, which if you don’t know are used on many high end, high performance cars and not typically found on a vehicle in this price range. Also has posi-traction FWD which has virtually no torque steer which I have never found in a FWD car. Navigation system is standard as well on this model. Getting 21/22 just driving around and 29/30 mpg on the highway. A little less if your foot gets heavy on the pedal. If you like higher performance, great handling and a more sporty look then spend the extra and get the Type S model. A lot of car for the money. Paid under 34K which was well below sticker."

So sad to see her go!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

"I bought my 04 Acura TL with 78k miles on it. I paid 12k cash and drove it to 233k miles without EVER fixing one thing! Just regular maintenance like tires, brakes and rotars. Best car I ever owned. Leather started to breakdown from the heat and humidity as soon as I moved to Florida. But the car had 200k miles already. This has been an amazing vehicle. Never broke down! Transmission issue at 233k miles so I had to get rid of. But I think I got my moneys worth! I will Always buy Acura!"

Trying to be helpful

By on Friday, June 06, 2008

"I love the TL (as you can see from my ratings). The performance is good and the ride is comfortable. When freshly washed, it is one of the nicest cars in the parking lot. To be a little nit picky and to help others that are considering buying the car, here are some issues that I have noticed. The hands free system is most reliable when your cell phone is >50% battery life. Anything less and the phone may unlink in the middle of a call. The doors are designed to close when opened to anything less than the widest angle. This can be annoying when trying to get in and out of a car in a parking lot or when vacuuming or washing it. Also, the plastic trim on doors rattles at freeway speeds. XM feature is way more useful than the navigation which is hardly ever needed. Overall, these are very small points and the performance and style more than make up for the small negative items. I have been pleased with my first Acura."

I love my car.

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Great handling and smooth ride."

Cons: "Keeping this car up isn't cheap. But it is worth."

"I own the 2007 Acura TLS., in white. Before an accident on May 6, of this year, not a dent anywhere on my car. I have had several offers on my car because it is such a awesome looking car. Drives and handles great. It is expense to keep up. Luckily, the damage to the driver side will be able to be fixed. I was the only one of three people who walk away from this nasty accident. That car really held up to the impact. I can't say enough about my car. I was hoping that it would not have to be totaled. I couldn't replace that year and model. Acura Made a big mistake in changing the body style on these. I wouldn't touch the Acura models today. Hope you are luckily enough to own an earlier model. I know I am."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals