2008 Acura TL

9.4

Based on 716 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

One of a kind

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"I purchased my TL in Dec 04 and have never had one regret. Since I have been driving the average amount of time that I have kept a vehicle is 6months to 1 year and I have owned everything from a Corvette Z06 to a Lexus SC430 to a Lexus LS470. Needless to say, I have had the oppurtunity to experience a variety of different vehicles and the TL has by far been the most well rounded vehicle I have ever owned. It's a fun car to drive, stylish, gets average gas mileage (I drive in stop and go traffic everyday) and holds its value well. When I purchased the car in 04 I added 19 inch wheels and I receive countless compliments daily on how awesome it looks! I even have a new BMW 5 series owner regretting his purchase after seeing and driving the TL. I have loved the car from day one, and have owned the car almost 4 years now. I am looking to buy a larger vehicle now and it will be an Acura for sure."

Great value. Alot of vehicle for the dollar.

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

"I have owned my TL for 4 years now and have been completely satisfied with it. It has a great combination of performance and luxury. The sporty, aggressive body design does not look dated and in my opinion is more attractive the the current body design that is in showrooms now. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to find a great used vehicle with current technology, sporty design, and all the ammenities you would expect from Acura."

What's not to Luv

By on Thursday, April 24, 2008

"This is my 8th Acura and first TL and can honestly say the TL is probably one of the best-valued lux sedans on the market. I looked at the Infinity G35X and while an excellently appointed car the cost exceeded the TL significantly. The TL is fully appointed at a fair price and the bonus is that it is responsive and fun to drive (a convertible would be as awesome model addition). The only downside during these rising gas price times is that premium is recommended. The upside is that I get 30-34 mpg consistantly on my highway commute (over 26 mpg in town). I'm somewhat used to this as all my Acura's took premium. I've never had engine issues so don't cheap out and use regular. Other Acura's I've owned had over 250K mi before trading in. Do youself a favor, if you are in the market for this category of car, buy it, you will not be disappointed."

By Far the Best Car on the road

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "kind of pricey but worth every penny plus some!!!"

"This car is the best car i have ever owned. It runs like a dream, is very very comfortable, its fast, its extremely reliable, it looks awsome, its good on gas, it feels like its worth a million bucks. Never had one problem with my TL and its 4 years old and over 100,00 miles. Still drives new. Will never trade this car in for anything other than another TL. Better than any mercedes or BMW by far!"

Going on 10 Years with 2004TL

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "140k, no issues, still tight, Manual trans great"

Cons: "pricey parts if needed; brakes & tires too often"

"Cars are absurdly expensive, so my rule is 15 years or 150,000 miles. It is unacceptable for any major work to be required prior to 100k; trans should never need work...in my early-40's, this is my third car. Up to 140k mileage, no sign of loosening performance or significant wear. Still peppy and super fun to drive and picks up speed in a heartbeat when needed. Can't say how many times I've topped out at 70 on the highway only to realize I was still in 4th - 2 gears to go!! I'm not an excessive speeder, but great to have the control and response when needed. We did do the crazy 105k Honda preventive maintenance (don't want to mess with the blown belt), but at our mechanic for half the cost of the dealer. Interior has held up, new riders cannot believe it is 10 years old. Still looks modern and sporty. We chose the manual for control (why get a sportscar without manual?!) - love it. Stiff clutch, but no worries in wearing it down. Pros: no engine or mechanical issues; completely confident in this car at all times; no worries we will get well past 200k. Cons: at time of purchase, it was a splurge for us; did not know about the low profile tires only lasting 40k miles...that's been a bummer; brakes - this is my only gripe - cannot just machine the rotors, total replacement including calipers twice. And with Acura - our fabulous mechanic can only order calipers from Acura dealers at a ridiculous price. Only one rattle - on one of the weird door flaps under the radio - we just leave it open so no worries. Value is there because nothing breaks...the brake cost makes me nervous to think how much it would be if something major happened...thank goodness we don't need to waste time or money on that!! Now shopping to replace the other car, a 99, and remembering why we liked shopping for the Acura...there are no stupid options or sifting thru 50 packages with none having exactly what you want. It's just all there. Only choices were the manual trans, color and navigation (did not get). Great longevity, glad we made the plunge, now struggling to ponder if we up the spend for the next one!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals