2006 Acura TL

9.4

Based on 721 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

I love my 2006 TL

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Looks great, great gas mileage, enough power"

Cons: "Mines 6 years old (not the car's fault)"

"I bought this car brand new in 2006 for about 32k totally loaded. I have 107k miles on it now and still love it as much as I did in 2006. Solid gas mileage still... I'm averaging 26 MPG. I was dissapointed in Acura for changing the body style and engine in the 2009 models. If you can find a solid 2008 TL with low miles.... buy it.... it's worth every penny."

Trying to be helpful

By on Friday, June 06, 2008

"I love the TL (as you can see from my ratings). The performance is good and the ride is comfortable. When freshly washed, it is one of the nicest cars in the parking lot. To be a little nit picky and to help others that are considering buying the car, here are some issues that I have noticed. The hands free system is most reliable when your cell phone is >50% battery life. Anything less and the phone may unlink in the middle of a call. The doors are designed to close when opened to anything less than the widest angle. This can be annoying when trying to get in and out of a car in a parking lot or when vacuuming or washing it. Also, the plastic trim on doors rattles at freeway speeds. XM feature is way more useful than the navigation which is hardly ever needed. Overall, these are very small points and the performance and style more than make up for the small negative items. I have been pleased with my first Acura."

Acura TL Type S

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"Bought this car earlier in the year (2007 TL Type S). Could not be happier. Acceleration and handling are excellent. The type S has a beefed up suspension which provides better handling than the standard TL. The Type S also comes with Brembo brakes standard, which if you don’t know are used on many high end, high performance cars and not typically found on a vehicle in this price range. Also has posi-traction FWD which has virtually no torque steer which I have never found in a FWD car. Navigation system is standard as well on this model. Getting 21/22 just driving around and 29/30 mpg on the highway. A little less if your foot gets heavy on the pedal. If you like higher performance, great handling and a more sporty look then spend the extra and get the Type S model. A lot of car for the money. Paid under 34K which was well below sticker."

So sad to see her go!

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

"I bought my 04 Acura TL with 78k miles on it. I paid 12k cash and drove it to 233k miles without EVER fixing one thing! Just regular maintenance like tires, brakes and rotars. Best car I ever owned. Leather started to breakdown from the heat and humidity as soon as I moved to Florida. But the car had 200k miles already. This has been an amazing vehicle. Never broke down! Transmission issue at 233k miles so I had to get rid of. But I think I got my moneys worth! I will Always buy Acura!"

I love my car.

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Great handling and smooth ride."

Cons: "Keeping this car up isn't cheap. But it is worth."

"I own the 2007 Acura TLS., in white. Before an accident on May 6, of this year, not a dent anywhere on my car. I have had several offers on my car because it is such a awesome looking car. Drives and handles great. It is expense to keep up. Luckily, the damage to the driver side will be able to be fixed. I was the only one of three people who walk away from this nasty accident. That car really held up to the impact. I can't say enough about my car. I was hoping that it would not have to be totaled. I couldn't replace that year and model. Acura Made a big mistake in changing the body style on these. I wouldn't touch the Acura models today. Hope you are luckily enough to own an earlier model. I know I am."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals