2006 Acura TL

9.4

Based on 715 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Best car ever. Will miss it terribly.

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pros: "Fast, handling is amazing, electronics are great"

Cons: "None."

"My second Acura and it's been an awesome journey. At 157000 miles I need to move on. Sad that Acura bailed on this model as I would have bought another without a doubt. It's never let me down, has been a joy to drive and it still gets looks. I will miss it but someone is going to get a great car with this one."

great car

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pros: "fast hot"

"Fast best car ever"

Tremendous car

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, very low maintenance, classy car"

"I have driven this car for most of the 156000 miles that are on it. It has never let me down and the only repairs I have had to make is basic maintenance. It gest up and moves and corners as good if not better than my corvette. It gets good gas mileage for a V6. Best car I have ever owned."

Superb Vehicle - Where longevity meets value

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "Price, cost of ownership"

Cons: "A little more room leg room (I'm 6 ' 9")"

"Owned my TL since day 1. Almost zero major issues or problems. As long as you maintain the vehicle with regular oil changes, recommended servicing, this car could easily take you to 250000 miles or more. Never been happier, this is my first acura and I will continue finding another. Traded mine in only due to a bigger family!"

Love the Acura

By on Thursday, April 09, 2015

"This is my 3rd Acura I love the comfort and reliability of the Acura. I am the original owner aside from normal maintenance we have have not had any problems. The ride is great and comfort and quiet features and technology are amazing for the year including Bluetooth and Homelink"

Worth every penny!

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Technology, Handling, Reliability, Comfort"

Cons: "Back seat doesn't fold down."

"I have been fortunate to own not one, but two 2008 TL Type S's with the ASPEC package. The first one was purchased with 52,756 miles from Acura in August 2010 as a CPO for $26,001 including tax and title when they were asking for $29,999, and met it's end when ran off the road at 65 mph by an irate driver impacting the rear passenger side wheel well at 164,000 miles in May 2013. The latter was purchased from a Honda used car lot with 38,889 miles for $23,000 in May 2013 and currently has 78,023 on it. Thankfully I sustained zero injuries (including whiplash) even though I hit 3 trees, snapping one clean in half. There was damage ranging from moderate to severe on every body panel, and the front was moderately crumpled. Walking away from such a crash exemplifies the TL's safety. Although it had 164,000 miles on it, I still received 16,950 from my insurance company in spite of the driver leaving the scene. ...Talk about retaining value. The first vehicle was driven very hard. It was driven in every condition including a blizzard with bald tires on a trip from Indianapolis, IN to Philadelphia, PA, a drive from Pittsburgh, PA to New Orleans, LA for Mardi Gras which included heavy rain and minor flooding with top of the line Summer tires, and dirt roads in rural WV and PA. I was always confident when behind the wheel of the Type S no matter the road or tire conditions. On 4 occasions, I noticed a vehicle running a red light while I was crossing through an intersection. The Type S's ability to accelerate with virtually no hesitation got me to safety, with two of the misses being narrow. Typical highway speeds driven were 80-100mph. When you drive a lot, you tend to minimize your travel time. The gas milage is typically in accordance with what is advertised; sometimes better. As far as factory suspension options are concerned, the ASPEC is by far the way to go if you have the option, but the Type S original suspension does not disappoint. Both still offer responsiveness and a smooth ride. I for one prefer to have feedback from the road surface beneath me. The 18" ASPEC wheels are noticibly heavier than the Type S 17" wheels, and do offer a better grip through turns. Body roll is minimal for a front wheel drive 4 door sport sedan, and the addition of the ASPEC suspension further mitigates body roll. Braking is excellent with the Brembo 4 piston disk brakes. However, brake fade is noticible on long drives and high speed driving due to the standard hoses expanding under high heat. It has never caused a problem though. Steering response is superb, and the wheel has a heavier feel than most vehicles on the market. You actually feel like you're in control. There are plenty of all season tire options, but I opt to run Michelin Pilot Super Sports mid-spring through most of fall, and Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3's winter through early spring. (Pennsylvania temperatures) Interior styling is impressive for a 2008, and in my opinion still holds its own against 2015 vehicles. Some technological features are a bit dated, but adequately serve their purpose. The sound system is great! The mid range could be a little bit more pronounced and that is my only small complaint. Using the Dolby will make your audio system quieter. As far as rattles are concerned, I've only ever gotten them from the rear deck/trunk. It's not unbearable. Additionally, it's a simple in home fix. Climate control get hot or cold fast, but the front defroster does little to nothing to melt ice that may accumulate on the wiper blades during a freezing rain or snow storm. I have never been uncomfortable in this vehicle and I'm 6' 215lbs, and I've never had complaints from passengers... the tallest of which was 6'7". Ground clearance is relatively low for a sedan (lower with the ASPEC suspension and front lip) and the fenders/bumper extend a bit of a distance beyond the wheel well which makes transition to and from some slopes/inclines require an otherwise unnecessary drop in speed. Be ware of driveways with the quarter pipe run off curb at the bottom... Take them at a sharp angle! Turning radius could be better, but it's nothing that isn't manageable. If you know how to pack, you can comfortably fit 5 individuals and their necessities for a 3 day trip into the vehicle. The only drawback is the lack of a fold-down rear seat. You can fit most anything (with in reason) into the car if you put the front passanger seat in full recline, or don't mind a drive with your seat up a little farther than normal. The navigation system works well, I'd recommend getting the most current update though. I'm running the one that came with the vehicle at initial purchase, and have encountered a few destinations which it can't find in recent months. Sometimes it will say there's a gas station that's now out of business, or not have a new on ramp/interchange revision. It's never gotten me lost though. One major advantage of the older system is that you can use it while the car is in motion. Current Acura navigation systems require the car to be at a stop to input an address. I've only had to spend money on routine/schudled maintenance between the two vehicles with two exceptios. The second vehicle had a spark plug eject and fall into the cylinder head at 56,000 miles. Acura ended up eating 86% of the repair cost, even though I was a second owner and the vehicle was out of warranty. I attribute this to the maintenance work done by the previous owner since I was only able to find one service record from an Acura dealership after checking in every state along the east coast. The evap canister was also faulty in the same vehicle, they replaced that as a good will repair even though it's a nonessential part. Considering that the spark plug issues is an anomaly and did not happen in the vehicle which I drove harder, I'd still give it a 9/10 for reliability."

2007 TL Great car

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pros: "Handles great, silent ride, no major issues."

Cons: "100,000 Maintenance is expensive almost $2200"

"My second TL and both were great cars. Maintained the service as recommended and had no major issues. Driven in the snow often and no issues. Well rounded car great value and quality."

Outstanding reliability

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable."

Cons: "Mileage could have been better it averaged 27 mpg"

"Had absolutely minimal expense for repairs, other than tires, brakes and oil changes, which are routine. It cost me virtually nothing to maintain. It's still running like new."

Excellent, excellent car.

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

"This is one of the best cars that I have ever purchased."

Very reliable and fun daily driver

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pros: "Sporty exterior, very reliable, good mpg"

Cons: "Too easy to speed in this car."

"I bought a 2006 Acura TL A-Spec to replace my wife's problematic 2003 Jeep Liberty. After getting used to driving a car, we are both very happy with the TL. It has been rock solid in reliability from buying it with 72k miles up to the current 115k miles. Biggest complaints: - The steering doesn't offer very positive feedback. - Our car does not have navigation, and the dash looks like its from a car built in the '90s. - The clamp style tilt column is cheap compared to the spring loaded GM style tilt mechanism. - Its easy to go well over the speed limit because it drives so smooth and quiet. Overall I am very happy with this car. We were looking for a sporty but practical and reliable daily driver with good mpg (she gets around 26-28 daily driving) and this car met all requirements."

Great blend of luxury, sport & comfort

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pros: "Powerful, sleek, comfort"

Cons: "Only thing is turning radius; small deal tho"

"Love this car. Have owned for 11 years (now my wife has it). Always proud to drive it (black on black, super sharp) and lots of positive feedback from friends."

Very Nice Ride

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Interior Power and Cosmetics"

Cons: "Hard to mod and expensive to fix."

"This is the second acura tl I've owned and I love it. The styling and mechanics are flawless. Plenty of power for all types of drivers the only downfall is how expensive and difficult it is to modify. And blue book value does not show truly how nice these are"

Not so great

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "Good look, nice interior, great sound system"

Cons: "Not great gas mileage, bad in snow, disappointing."

"I purchased the car after doing some extensive reviews. I found the car at the right price and right mileage. I had my mechanic go over the car before purchasing and it passed. Since I've purchased it 5 years ago, I've had way more problems than I have ever anticipated. The car had a recall on the power steering hose which when leaking can cause your car to catch on fire. The radiator pipe attachment is also a tiny cheap piece of plastic that can easily break off. Any savings I had by doing a long search was overshadowed by the repairs. I live in the north and the car does not handle well in the snow. I've had other sedans that with good all season tires they can handle the snow. This car can not. Any little bit of snow and you are stuck in the all seasons. The TL requires pretty expensive snow tires to go anywhere."

I love my Acura TL.

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "Very reliable,and very nice looking car"

Cons: "Some road noise"

"I have this car since it is new. I am a female and the only driver. The car is garaged and is in mint condition. It has side molding,wheel locks and everything is power."

good value;nice driving car

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "great price for a quality car"

Cons: "could use more power and firmer suspension"

"the controls are well placed and easy to decipher;the car drives smoothly and handles bumps and potholes nicely. could use a bit more power for acceleration and could have a slightly firmer suspension for curves. the outside design nof the car is superb and although it is 9 years old, could easily pass for a "new" car"

Great car!

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "Just about everything"

Cons: "Torque steer; turning circle"

"I love this car! Mine is a 2006 with 6-speed manual. It is fast and I have surprised a lot BMWs when they decided to try to zip past me. Feels very secure at freeway speeds. Handles well with minimal lean in corners and never loses its grip. My only complaints about handling are that it has a lot of torque steer and it could turn quicker. The shifter is as smooth and sweet as any I have used, including my Miata--throws are only about a half inch more than the Miata and smoother. Comfortable, rides well. Still looks great 8 years later. Extremely reliable, gets 20 mpg around town, 30 on the highway. Lots of convenience features--I was so happy to find that it has fog lights!"

outstanding vehicle-reilable-stylish-powerful

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "everything is great no complaints"

Cons: "rarely the doors lock on their own"

"as above"

Great, reliable car.

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "Drives and handlgreat, reliable, low maintenance"

Cons: "Cant think of any"

"I drive mostly highway, and did not put a dime into my 2007 Acura TL until almost 150,000 miles when I spend approx. $80 on some type of sensor. I bought the car used with 23k miles on it, and did not even put new brakes until 150k miles. I now have 185k miles on it and so far now I have put approx. $450 into it, not including brakes and tires. I am certainly a believer that Acura is one of the absolute best vehicles made, especially when it comes to what you get for the price. A very reliable and great care to drive. I chose it over BMW and I have no regrets."

Power, comfort, reliability..what more to ask for?

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "comfort, power, reliability, fun, handling, sexy"

Cons: "insurance rates"

"My TL has been a fantastic vehicle... period. Brakes and tires every 50,000 miles and that's it. I average 27 mpg commuting combined driving 70 miles a day. Power, comfort, reliability.. what more does one want? My second TL, my 2003 was just as good and put 90,000 on it before getting the 2008. My dilemma is whether to keep this one after buying a new RDX. Hard to part with such a great car..."

The best car I have owned.

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Dependable. Good looking"

Cons: "Not great in the snow."

"Bought it with 104k. Put 51k on it in two years. Not one mechanical problem. Fun to drive, quiet, dependable, great engine, transmission, brakes. Looks good too."

MOST RELIABLE HIGH POWERED 4 DOOR SEDAN

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "FUN FUN FUN"

Cons: "SOUND SYSTEM COULD BE BETTER"

"WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR. ITS A SPORTS CAR IN A SEDAN BODY. DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE RIDE COMFORT, THE SUSPENSION IS STIFF TO SUPPORT PERFORMANCE WHEN YOU DEMAND IT. 7 YEARS OLD AND ALL INTERIOR INSTRUMENTS ARE IN WORKING ORDER. THEY DONT MAKE TOO MANY 4 DOOR SEDANS WITH ALMOST 300 HP. MONEY WELL SPENT!"

I LOVE MY TL, ENJOY DRIVING IT EVERY DAY

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Cons: "NEED BETTER DEFROST SYSTEM AND HEAT ON WIPERS"

"Enjoy the ride, the driving the security on curves. Like heated seats, power everthing...Just love my car"

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Great Quality - Inside and Out and great design"

Cons: "NONE, unless it is out of your price range"

"I have owned my 2007 TL over 7 years now and it is by far the best car I have ever owned. I absolutely love the way it handles, drives and rides. Got me home in a big snow storm last year that took me 6 hours to drive 60 miles but it did not leave me stranded! Has 152k miles on it and still runs great. I keep it serviced and never had any problems. Before buying my first Honda vehicle, I drove Chevrolet and Oldsmobile products, and there is simply no comparison. I have owned numerous Honda/Acura autos and at 52 yrs old, will never go back. This is the first vehicle that I have kept for this long (other than my 2002 Honda S2000) and I really don't have a desire to get anything else (unusual for me)."

love this car

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"this has been a wonderful car. not one issue in 10 yrs 104k miles. still going strong."

Had Honda or Acura since 1980. This is the best

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Handling and reliability"

Cons: "wish better mileage. a little noisy on highway"

"If regularly maintained, this car will give you many years of reliable service. A good drive under all weather conditions, but tends to hydroplane a little starting up on a hill in wet weather. Great on the highway."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals