2005 Acura TL

9.4

Based on 733 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

OK

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"I've always dreamed of owning a TL. I finally got to the point where I could afford a (used) 2007, which I purchased in March of '09. This thing was the love of my life until it hit 30,000 miles. Then the whole car seemed to fall apart. The glove box rattles, the windows rattle. The dash rattles. The passenger mirror rattles. The passenger seat adjustment buttons rattle. I took it to the dealer (who are, by far, the most professional and thorough people ever). So far, it's 'like new', but I find it hard to believe that Acura would expect people to pay for this kind of 'luxury'. Things I do love: the seats are oh-so-soft leather and soooo comfy. All my passengers are comfy with the roominess. The back-up camera's great; the bluetooth is clear and reliable, the navigation is pretty cool, too. It brakes better than any car I've ever owned. The stock exhaust is so sprty and smooth. It's FAST when I need it to be. The mileage isn't too bad (although it's REALLY bad in stop-go traffic or streets). The ride is pretty smooth, although the cabin is not very well insulated, so you can hear just about everything. I would recommend this car to someone for a first car. But with the money I paid...I much rather would have had the Lexus IS 350 I wanted or would have waited for the new Camaro. I bought this car with the intention of running it into the ground, so I am hoping that it lasts that long. I know a lot of people with TL's that have 200,000+ miles and have had very little to no significant problems, so I hope mine carries that same quality."

Great car

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I have 68,000 miles on my 04 TL. Drove it off the lot new and never had to go back. Drives and handles great. Most reliabel vehicle I ever owned. Drawbacks - hard seats with thin leather; Low profile tires ride hard and blow easliy on city pot holed streets. Great styling and value for what you pay."

Worth It.

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"After reading so many reviews on interior noise for this vehicle, I took my time with a 2 week test drive on the 'o4 TL. I didn't find any problems. Sound system is great and seems to be worth it to upgrade tires - based on reviews only. I have a set of winter tires besides the touring. Always a Honda driver, (5 previous Hondas) I easily adapted to the Acura of course. Skeptical at first about price, the TL has proven that the middle class can afford luxary!"

Will buy another despite style changes

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great dependable car."

Cons: "Can't argue with wide turning radius"

"One of the most dependable cars I ever had.mine is a six speed and as I continue to use super it's highway mpg still approaches 30!!!(consistently 29 with cruise). For a 2005 model auto it has all the features in new cars just a little dated technology wise. Bluetooth sat radio, all the other amenities. Awesome car and assembled in USA!!"

7 years old and runs great!!

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable and stylish, fun for the young and old"

Cons: "Tire wear"

"I am not going to go into complete details on my 2005 TL, but I must admit, this car truly has held its value. We bought this car brand new after test driving numerous sedans including the Cadillac CTS. We fell in love with the TL immediately while test driving it. We liked the fact that you didn't have to choose many options. You pretty much got the car completely loaded as is. The only thing I regret not getting was the navigation package, but my husband disagrees with me on that. In 2005, it wasn't as common to need GPS navigation so that is why we opted out. The only problem we've had with the car is tire wear, but found it wasn't necessarily the car, but Sam's Club who gave us the wrong type of tire x 2. That was annoying. Still, even with the accurate tires, we still see more wear than we'd like, but that could be the highways, etc in California. The interior is so comfortable. It is like you are in a cockpit. Since my husband is a pilot, he doesn't care as much, but I do and it used to be the car I drove full-time. If you are considering a TL, I would definitely recommend it. It's a fast, sporty car that handles really well. I drove cross-county in it a couple times and I was never uncomfortable during the entire drive. Over all, I've owned two Acuras. Now, if they would come up with a hybrid TL, that would most likely be our next new car. We'll stay tuned..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals