2005 Acura TL

9.4

Based on 733 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Great value. Alot of vehicle for the dollar.

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

"I have owned my TL for 4 years now and have been completely satisfied with it. It has a great combination of performance and luxury. The sporty, aggressive body design does not look dated and in my opinion is more attractive the the current body design that is in showrooms now. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to find a great used vehicle with current technology, sporty design, and all the ammenities you would expect from Acura."

Acura TL Type S

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"Bought this car earlier in the year (2007 TL Type S). Could not be happier. Acceleration and handling are excellent. The type S has a beefed up suspension which provides better handling than the standard TL. The Type S also comes with Brembo brakes standard, which if you don’t know are used on many high end, high performance cars and not typically found on a vehicle in this price range. Also has posi-traction FWD which has virtually no torque steer which I have never found in a FWD car. Navigation system is standard as well on this model. Getting 21/22 just driving around and 29/30 mpg on the highway. A little less if your foot gets heavy on the pedal. If you like higher performance, great handling and a more sporty look then spend the extra and get the Type S model. A lot of car for the money. Paid under 34K which was well below sticker."

Very Nice Ride

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "Interior Power and Cosmetics"

Cons: "Hard to mod and expensive to fix."

"This is the second acura tl I've owned and I love it. The styling and mechanics are flawless. Plenty of power for all types of drivers the only downfall is how expensive and difficult it is to modify. And blue book value does not show truly how nice these are"

So sad to see her go!

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2014

"I bought my 04 Acura TL with 78k miles on it. I paid 12k cash and drove it to 233k miles without EVER fixing one thing! Just regular maintenance like tires, brakes and rotars. Best car I ever owned. Leather started to breakdown from the heat and humidity as soon as I moved to Florida. But the car had 200k miles already. This has been an amazing vehicle. Never broke down! Transmission issue at 233k miles so I had to get rid of. But I think I got my moneys worth! I will Always buy Acura!"

I love my car.

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "Great handling and smooth ride."

Cons: "Keeping this car up isn't cheap. But it is worth."

"I own the 2007 Acura TLS., in white. Before an accident on May 6, of this year, not a dent anywhere on my car. I have had several offers on my car because it is such a awesome looking car. Drives and handles great. It is expense to keep up. Luckily, the damage to the driver side will be able to be fixed. I was the only one of three people who walk away from this nasty accident. That car really held up to the impact. I can't say enough about my car. I was hoping that it would not have to be totaled. I couldn't replace that year and model. Acura Made a big mistake in changing the body style on these. I wouldn't touch the Acura models today. Hope you are luckily enough to own an earlier model. I know I am."

thought it was better

By on Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Car is fun to drive good mpg (avg 24-25 mpg in mixed driving) Here's the problem @ 92000 miles needed new transmission $2700 @ 95000 needed new alternator $400 expected better from Acura"

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"Acura is one of the few manufacturers that make a high-quality stick-shift in a sport sedan. You can count the others on one hand in this rapidly diminishing market segment that is becoming the exclusive dominion of enthusiats. I am one of those. I moved from a Prelude VTEC -- best car I ever owned at the time -- to an '03 Acura CL six-speed stick -- again the best car I ever owned at the time -- to an '07 TL Type S six-speed stick last year -- hands down, the best car I've ever owned. It's a driving enthusiast's dream that doesn't sacrifice creature comforts. Just an awesome car, and I've had zero problems with it. One thing that isn't mentioned often is how well Acura's Navi system works. I've used very-high-end GPS navigation units since 1998, and have easily logged 50,000 GPS miles where I was entirely dependent on them for navigation. I know my units, and the Acura Navi is the first car navi where I haven't regretted not having my computer-based unit with me in a strange town. Get the Navi! You won't be disappointed, and the voice commands work exceptionally well. "Find nearest gas station." I'm getting about 22-23 mpg in town, 29-30 on the road."

Excellent Vehicle and Value

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"I purchased the 04 TL when it first hit the market. I was weary about the reliability considering that it was a new updated model. 3 years and 47000 miles later I'm extremely happy. Nothing has gone wrong with this car. Not a rattle, rip or blemish. The Nav. system is excellent and nothing out there comes close. I'm in the market for a new car only because I desire something new not because I want to get rid of my TL. As I look at other models out there and compare it to what I have it's difficult to find the same value for the buck. BMW 3 or 5 series is the closest competitor but the only value is the name value to the European cars. In terms of gadgets the TL is the best bet. Perhaps I'm better off staying with my TL as I expect it will run well over 100k miles without any concerns."

Fun car to drive. Great looking even after 5 years

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Cons: "Ride could be considered a bit stiff."

"Fun car to drive. Quite Fast with lots of passing power. Handles very well. Sorry to see the S Type discontinued."

Very happy with this 2004 Acura TL!

By on Friday, March 1, 2013

Pros: "Fun driving, good gas mileage for a V6, reliable"

Cons: "Noisy, Window regulator replacements"

Car that was New to me... 6 years ago!

"I've owned this car over 6 years now, buying it when it was just over 2.5 years old. It has been a great car. Repairs have been minor. The window regulators seem to be the most frequent issue, replacing the front 2 a total of 3 times. I also had to replace the in dash fuse box, which is unusual, but for a car that's almost 10 years old I have no complaints. The car can be a bit noisy by design, but it drives like a dream. I've kept up regular maintenance, following the extreme weather conditions since it spent most of its time in Arizona. This car could easily go another 132K miles! My friend's still think it's a new car because Acura hasn't changed the model much until recently!"

Car that was New to me... 6 years ago!

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals