2001 Acura TL

Based on 477 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

Bought new in '03

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "cost effective, fun to drive car"

Cons: "short front seat cushion for 6+ footers."

"Wife stole it, LOL, now 12 years later car is still tight, no rattles and besides 1 set of tires, 2 batterys and 1 set of brakes nothing has gone wrong. Style still isn't old. If they still make them like this I would buy another in a heartbeat."

Simply the most reliable car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, timeless style."

Cons: "Body lean, nav can not be updated."

"Now going into year 15 in owning this car. I wish they made cars like this today - interior has held up including the switch gear and does not look as dated as car that's 15 years old should. Nearly everything functions as when new with a few exceptions - self dimming rearview mirror failed about 5 years old, CD based nav system is not updateable and of little use today. Only other complaint is so-so gas mileage, and my original paint has faded and in spots on the roof looks like the protective coat has eroded. (I park the car on the street.) Like others have said I would say handling is competent but not razor sharp and there is more body lean than I like in corners but it's among the most comfortable highway cars I've owned. Such a shame that Acura/Honda are not producing the same sort of cars with timeless style, simplicity, and reliability."

Fast/comfortable/transmission going soon 155 k

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Awesome car very fast and reliable. Transmission going. Knocks when I put in reverse, agonizing. Car has 155k now. Not sure if I want to sell or drive to the wheels fall off. Not looking forward to paying 3k for a new transmission."

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I bought my TL-S used with only 21,000 miles on it. It was love at first sight. But at 36,000 miles my transmission went out. If that wasn't bad enough my transmission went out again 4 months after it had been replaced. I am now on my 3rd transmission and this one is slipping and the dealership has driven it and say that they can not duplicate the problem. And now needless to say my warranty is about to run out in less than 800 miles. Hmm, wonder who is going to replace it after the warranty? Don't get me wrong I love the vehicle and I would joke around saying that I would have to bury the car b/c I was going to drive it in the ground, but someone should realize that obviously something is wrong here. I asked about them extending the warranty only on the transmission as I have only put about 5,000 miles on it since it was replaced and they told me "NO". As much as these vehicles cost, and as nice as they are they still have problems like any other. I will buy another Acura even with the problems."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, May 14, 2012

Pros: "great reliability and best $/mile I have ever had."

Cons: "Wish there was an AWD option."

"I bought with 80k miles, and I am up to 219k. It has had regular routine maintenance, with a couple other small issues (park safety switch, cruise control, cabin fan, CV joints) but it has never had a major problem, never stranded me, and has been close to perfect. Has plenty of get up and go, great handling, good gas mileage, fun to drive with the shiftable automatic."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals