2000 Acura TL

Based on 490 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

Still going after 15 years..

By on Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pros: "Very advanced for a 2000, driver-friendly"

Cons: "Notorious Acura slipping transmission"

"Bought this car in 2011 with 130,000 on it. I was pretty happy with it; heated seats and mirrors, navigation, xenon headlamps, Bose audio; this car was quite advanced for 2000. Beautiful color too, White Diamond Pearl. It was running great until recently the fuel pressure regulator and the power train control module started going bad. (Sputters and dies after a lot of start-ups running errands) Besides that, the car has never let me down so far. Pulls very nicely, VTEC sounds glorious with a short ram intake and sport exhaust. I'm going to miss this car when I sell it!"

Bought new and it's best car I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "still fun to drive 9 years later!!!"

Cons: "original transmission defective"

"Original Transmissions were defective. Acura replaced my original transmission after 8 years a 80000 miles and paid half even thought it was out of warranty. New transmissions have incorporated fix and Acura expects them to last much longer. Car is very peppy and handles well. I've taken good care of my car and it still looks like new inside and out; only problem areas are clock (night illumination has failed 2x) and had to replace radio after it quit working."

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I bought my TL-S used with only 21,000 miles on it. It was love at first sight. But at 36,000 miles my transmission went out. If that wasn't bad enough my transmission went out again 4 months after it had been replaced. I am now on my 3rd transmission and this one is slipping and the dealership has driven it and say that they can not duplicate the problem. And now needless to say my warranty is about to run out in less than 800 miles. Hmm, wonder who is going to replace it after the warranty? Don't get me wrong I love the vehicle and I would joke around saying that I would have to bury the car b/c I was going to drive it in the ground, but someone should realize that obviously something is wrong here. I asked about them extending the warranty only on the transmission as I have only put about 5,000 miles on it since it was replaced and they told me "NO". As much as these vehicles cost, and as nice as they are they still have problems like any other. I will buy another Acura even with the problems."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, May 14, 2012

Pros: "great reliability and best $/mile I have ever had."

Cons: "Wish there was an AWD option."

"I bought with 80k miles, and I am up to 219k. It has had regular routine maintenance, with a couple other small issues (park safety switch, cruise control, cabin fan, CV joints) but it has never had a major problem, never stranded me, and has been close to perfect. Has plenty of get up and go, great handling, good gas mileage, fun to drive with the shiftable automatic."

Stay away

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Be aware! Transmissions fail regularly on these models. 2000-2003 Acura TLs have safety recall on them for transmission failing. This is extremely expensive if it is out of the extended warranty range that Acura put out on these. Plus they replace them with rebuild faulty ones and it will happen again within the next 50-60k miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals