1996 Acura TL

Based on 128 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

very reliiabliable no bad comments

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Little maintance"

"I had the car over ten years and love it very reliabiliable. Maintance next to nothing just keeping the oil changed. Just begining to have problems starting up."

great car

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Reason: was getting high in mileage

Pros: "reliability, power, comfort, affordable"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"I purchased a 96 TL used in 2007 with about 150k on it and sold it in 2012 with about 230k, during that time the only things that needed replacement was the radiator and ignition switch. Never had any problem with the transmission or engine. The only reason I sold it was because it was still worth some money at 230k because anyone who knows a thing or two about these first generation TL's is that they last forever. I was able to sell it for $3000 dollars, not bad for a car that was 16 years old with over 200k miles. I plan to purchase a 98 TL Ive been eyeing on a dealer's lot. These cars have a high resale value and if you can find one that was taken care of, Id say go for it. With regular maintenance this car will last you a long time."

I've had it for 9+ years and still going strong

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, solid, and safe"

Cons: "Premium gas (89) is preferred"

"I bought this from original owner in 2003. It had 65,000 miles on it. I drove it as my primary vehicle for 8+ years; now my kids drive it. It is dependable, solid and comfortable. Recommended maintenance work has been done on it over the years, but that's it. CD player went on it, but kids use ipod/cassette adapter for their music. Some rust has developed; I live in Vermont; it happens, but that has been patched with quality work. Enjoyed this one so much I bought a used 2007 TSX as my one-way work commute grew from 9 miles to 34 miles. I've become an ardent Acura fan."

Not up to par

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Reason: Did not like

Pros: "Quick, handles well, sharp"

Cons: "Wind noise"

"I purchased mine used. It was the 3.2 model, black with beige leather. I’ve owned many used cars and work on them myself. I was really disappointed right from the beginning with this one. It overheated a block from the dealer. They were great, towed it back, apologized profusely, and fixed it right away (fan sensor). It was quick, fully loaded and handled well, but for a high end car I was disappointed. Outside air would get behind the frameless windows and cause irritating wind noise. I’d lose heat at idle and had to bleed and re-bleed the cooling system over and over, but had no real luck. I took it to a known good mechanic that specialized in Acuras and Hondas and they bleed the system, but felt like it had a weak head gasket. I sold it to my friend’s niece and she drove for a year or so until—it severely overheated and she fried the engine."

Best car I ever owned

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "smooth as silk on the road"

"Absolutely the best car I ever owned."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TL near Honolulu. See local deals