2005 Acura RSX

9.3

Based on 536 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Best Car for the Price

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"I bought my 03 RSX Type-S five years ago next month. It has 94k miles, and only had expected maintainence... tires at 60k, brakes (but not rotors) at 70k, and new battery at 90k. The leather on the driver and passenger seats started cracking after only a year and a half, but I managed to get the dealer to replace them for free. Dashboard rattles a little, and there is a decent amount of road noise, especially at high speeds. Those are my only complaints. But for the money, you cannot buy a quicker, more enjoyable car. I also like the fact that it was discontinued, as now my 03 will never be surpassed by a newer, flashier RSX model. Low end torque could be better, as the car really doesn't reach its potential until 5900rpm when the VTEC hits. Shifting is smooth, handling is responsive, and you get a reliable, reputable car from a luxury brand at the cost of a lower quality domestic product. I love the interior and exterior of this car, and have been extremely satisfied since day one. Gas mileage tends to fall between 27-33, depending on where and how I am driving. Great investment for someone looking to get the most out of their ride. On Car and Driver's Top Ten List (alongside Audis and BMWs) it's first two years on the market (02 & 03). Can't beat that for a $23,700 sticker. Go buy one!"

One of my favorite cars

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "FUN to drive, great handling and high end power"

Cons: "front wheel drive, back seat only for short people"

Track day at PIR

"I absolutely love this car! It's so much fun to drive! So much fun! I can't emphasize how great this is to have in my life. A car that does not suck your life force from your soul and leaves you with a smile? Awesome! Great handling, great high end power, great brakes! PLUS, it's reliability has been amazing, even as the miles have racked up, no (knock on wood) issues! OK, the headlights burn out really fast, but I think that is a part issue, not a vehicle issue ;). The only thing I wish was different was that it would have rear-wheel drive for a little more added fun, but front wheel drive has it's advantages, so it's a minor complaint. I had an 88 RX-7 GTU for several years that was a freaking blast too. This car is on the same level of fun, but just tighter overall. I am short, so it fits me great, tall people should avoid the back seat for sure (no head room), and getting out of the back seat is like being birthed. I will generally let my husband drive and sit in the back of we have someone riding with us."

Track day at PIR

Total Package

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"I've had my RSX for 6 months now and haven't had a problem. The car performs very well and has great handling! The interior is very stylish and roomy for a coupe. It is a little crammed under the hood, but if you replace the air filter with either a short-ram intake or cold air intake, you will have much more room to work with (and it will open up the engine more too). The factory exhaust is okay, but if you buy a custom exhaust it will really increase the performance and sound. Even if you keep it stock, it is an awesome sportscar and I highly reccommend this car!"

one of the best cars ive ever owned

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"avg 25-27mpg city driving only, torquey 1st and 2nd gear(on the base model) great handling! always a thrill to drive or just to look at. I have the more rare milano red color and i catch myself sitting on my front porch admiring her every once in a while. The gear selector is precise and gives a reasuring click when you get it into gear. I once moved my entire 10x15 storage unit with it in only 3-4 trips. I would recomend this car to anyone looking for a practical car with a "fun side""

Fun car for any age to drive!

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive for sure!"

Cons: "You can't buy a new one anymore."

"Like all Honda products, my RSX Type S is too much fun to drive. It is also, like all Honda products I have ever owned, totally reliable. Have never been left at the side of the road in a breakdown, and have taken it on LONG road trips as well as running around the metro area. Other than the fact that cops do a double take when they see a "granny" driving it, I have managed to avoid tickets for speeding--but it takes a lot of will power!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura RSX near Honolulu. See local deals