• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Acura RLX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,931 - $45,979.

10/7.9

9.4

Based on 7 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10
    10.0/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

Superb in all regards

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "Safe & fun. High reliability and retention value"

Cons: "Unjustified bad-mouthing by some reviewers"

"I have owned the RLX 2014 (technology package) for over one year, having bought it new. It is an excellent car to drive with all, or more than, the amenities offered by other luxury cars, including the high-end BMW and Audi. The split-screen system surpasses others in functionality; it takes only a little time to get used to it. Excellent sound. Roomy rear seat. Fantastic safety features. Decent fuel efficiency, given its weight and size."

Pleasure to drive; Acura Reliability and Quality

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Whisper Quiet, Silky smooth trans"

"I have owned this car for about a month now. The 2014 RLX is most decidedly the best Acura period! Anyone rating the BMW 535i higher has either not driven this or is just plain biased. I don't disagre the BMW is a good car, but the RLX is better both in terms of handling and overall ride quality. German cars (BMW 5-series, Audi A6 and Mercedes E-series) are absolutely no match to the RLX in terms of value. The RLX advance package is atleast 15k cheaper than a simlarly equipped BMW. The dealer experience is much better as you will get a significant reduction over the MSRP for the RLX. Don't go with the sticker price, just go and talk it over at the dealership."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

"I am a long time Honda and Acura owner and this car is without a doubt the best overall vehicle I have owned. A big upgrade from my previous TL which I loved.Nice combination of luxuary and sportiness, definitely the best value in its class."

A real surprise to a car aficionado

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Solid, quiet, responsive, tons of fun to drive"

Cons: "No interior LED mood lighting; second rate navi"

"Coming from Mercedes E Class, I was told by the salesman that this car is every bit as good as E Class. I was not a believer. However, when I took a long test ride in the Krell model, I began to reconsider. Now, having been very handily impressed by the test drive and having pulled the trigger on a truly outstanding lease deal on the Silver and Black car I drove, I am now persuaded that if the RLX is not precisely as good as the E Class overall, it is so very close that it would be most difficult to argue to the contrary with the salesman. The Krell system is phenomenal -- definitely better than the otherwise exceptional harmon kardon in the Benz. The ride is a bit stiff as others reviews have pointed out, but not harshly so -- no different than a recent BMW I owned and my Porsche Boxster S with lower profile tires and the 19" wheels -- both just like the RLX. This car does not ride like a Lexus LS, no question about it. But it is solid, incredibly quiet with the acoustic glass, very responsive and nearly German in feel. It is huge fun to drive -- though I only have about 1,000 miles on it, the more I drive it the more I like it. This car is definitely light years different than the RL -- infinitely better in every way possible. I am impressed with all things tech on this car, and all the tech stuff that is standard. Blind spot, braking and lane change warnings; LED rear and front headlights; LED lights in the door handles which illuminate as you approach the car with your smart key; Pandora integrated into the audio system; the usual luxury stuff we are accustomed to having like the Acura Link. The LED headlights are killer -- best lights I have had on a car, including Lexus. The Krell audio system, as indicated, is the only way to go if you want true quality audio -- it is most impressive. The seats are comfortable and they just ... fit. The leather is terrific and the hand stitching on the seats and especially the dash is superlative. Two regrets which keep this from being a 10 for me: The Acura navigation is not as intuitive and as good as Benz or Lexus and the Navi screen has clearly inadequate resolution versus others; and Acura did not use the soft mood LED lighting that Benz and some of the other high line cars use in the interior -- I think that is a nice touch and would have liked to see it in this car along with a better Navi system and a screen with much higher resolution. This car for me is the leased business car, but already I am thinking either that I should have paid for more miles in the lease or bought the darn thing because it is that good! I am definitely impressed with this car and now a believer. With the fabulous lease deal I got, this was a much better value than a new E Class MB."

Great car for the money

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Price, ride is a little stiff"

Cons: "Smaller than Lexus LS but so is the price"

"I have only owned it a month. I previously owned a Lexus LS. Front suspension a little tight and you notice every crack in the road but apparently it is designed that way. 19 inch tires and front wheel drive of Acura probably the culprit. This car is a great value when compared to the LS at $80,000. LS was a smoother ride and had a few more trinkets like auto door, and auto dimming. Acura has a lot of pep."

Per Page:  5 | 10