• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Acura RLX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $40,102 - $42,880.

10/7.9

9.5

Based on 8 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10
    10.0/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

Incredible High Quality Value

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "Performance, Audio System, Technology, Quality"

Cons: "Some quirks aimed at Honda racers."

Bellanova White Pearl

"I have an RLX Sport Hybrid with Advance Package. About 7,000 miles now. 30 mpg average in all kinds of driving is spectacular for a 4400# sedan that gets to 60 in under 5s and has such brilliant mid-range, everyday performance. High quality interior with materials, fit and finish that rivals anything in any car costing 20 grand more MSRP. In Sport Mode, the 7 DCT stays in the rev range and does fancy double downshifts when the car senses it's necessary. Active steering lane guidance, radar controlled cruise, and the most brilliant (overall) sound system that I've ever experienced in an automobile. A SOLID CHOICE if you spend a lot of time in your car. Now...there are some quirks aimed at keeping former Honda racers entertained. Some people maybe don't WANT their 7 DCT doing double downshifts, and some people may be unprepared for the car's rear electric motors pointing the car toward the apex, quickly and efficiently. For a big sedan, this is a driver's car. Maybe too much a driver's car if you are comparing it to a Lexus or Mercedes. :-)"

Bellanova White Pearl

Superb in all regards

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "Safe & fun. High reliability and retention value"

Cons: "Unjustified bad-mouthing by some reviewers"

"I have owned the RLX 2014 (technology package) for over one year, having bought it new. It is an excellent car to drive with all, or more than, the amenities offered by other luxury cars, including the high-end BMW and Audi. The split-screen system surpasses others in functionality; it takes only a little time to get used to it. Excellent sound. Roomy rear seat. Fantastic safety features. Decent fuel efficiency, given its weight and size."

Pleasure to drive; Acura Reliability and Quality

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Whisper Quiet, Silky smooth trans"

"I have owned this car for about a month now. The 2014 RLX is most decidedly the best Acura period! Anyone rating the BMW 535i higher has either not driven this or is just plain biased. I don't disagre the BMW is a good car, but the RLX is better both in terms of handling and overall ride quality. German cars (BMW 5-series, Audi A6 and Mercedes E-series) are absolutely no match to the RLX in terms of value. The RLX advance package is atleast 15k cheaper than a simlarly equipped BMW. The dealer experience is much better as you will get a significant reduction over the MSRP for the RLX. Don't go with the sticker price, just go and talk it over at the dealership."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

"I am a long time Honda and Acura owner and this car is without a doubt the best overall vehicle I have owned. A big upgrade from my previous TL which I loved.Nice combination of luxuary and sportiness, definitely the best value in its class."

A real surprise to a car aficionado

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Solid, quiet, responsive, tons of fun to drive"

Cons: "No interior LED mood lighting; second rate navi"

"Coming from Mercedes E Class, I was told by the salesman that this car is every bit as good as E Class. I was not a believer. However, when I took a long test ride in the Krell model, I began to reconsider. Now, having been very handily impressed by the test drive and having pulled the trigger on a truly outstanding lease deal on the Silver and Black car I drove, I am now persuaded that if the RLX is not precisely as good as the E Class overall, it is so very close that it would be most difficult to argue to the contrary with the salesman. The Krell system is phenomenal -- definitely better than the otherwise exceptional harmon kardon in the Benz. The ride is a bit stiff as others reviews have pointed out, but not harshly so -- no different than a recent BMW I owned and my Porsche Boxster S with lower profile tires and the 19" wheels -- both just like the RLX. This car does not ride like a Lexus LS, no question about it. But it is solid, incredibly quiet with the acoustic glass, very responsive and nearly German in feel. It is huge fun to drive -- though I only have about 1,000 miles on it, the more I drive it the more I like it. This car is definitely light years different than the RL -- infinitely better in every way possible. I am impressed with all things tech on this car, and all the tech stuff that is standard. Blind spot, braking and lane change warnings; LED rear and front headlights; LED lights in the door handles which illuminate as you approach the car with your smart key; Pandora integrated into the audio system; the usual luxury stuff we are accustomed to having like the Acura Link. The LED headlights are killer -- best lights I have had on a car, including Lexus. The Krell audio system, as indicated, is the only way to go if you want true quality audio -- it is most impressive. The seats are comfortable and they just ... fit. The leather is terrific and the hand stitching on the seats and especially the dash is superlative. Two regrets which keep this from being a 10 for me: The Acura navigation is not as intuitive and as good as Benz or Lexus and the Navi screen has clearly inadequate resolution versus others; and Acura did not use the soft mood LED lighting that Benz and some of the other high line cars use in the interior -- I think that is a nice touch and would have liked to see it in this car along with a better Navi system and a screen with much higher resolution. This car for me is the leased business car, but already I am thinking either that I should have paid for more miles in the lease or bought the darn thing because it is that good! I am definitely impressed with this car and now a believer. With the fabulous lease deal I got, this was a much better value than a new E Class MB."

Great car for the money

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Price, ride is a little stiff"

Cons: "Smaller than Lexus LS but so is the price"

"I have only owned it a month. I previously owned a Lexus LS. Front suspension a little tight and you notice every crack in the road but apparently it is designed that way. 19 inch tires and front wheel drive of Acura probably the culprit. This car is a great value when compared to the LS at $80,000. LS was a smoother ride and had a few more trinkets like auto door, and auto dimming. Acura has a lot of pep."

Overall pretty good car youll be happy with it

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Great Comfort drives good well done car"

Cons: "ok exterior"

"Everything is pretty nice about it. It drives fairly well with good power and you get pretty good gas mileage. Also interior fit and finish is outstanding and so is the room. exterior styling is ok wish front end was a bit more aggressive and that it actually showed the exhaust tips. Overall its a great car a safe bet to buy and youll be happy with it especially if you get the AWD drive version that is an option."

Impressive and Bold Acura Flagship

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Outstanding performer"

Cons: "Wish someone would design a place for the phones"

"Having read for years that the TL was just as good is no longer true. As a serial buyer of Acuras and Hondas, this household has finally found a true flagship worthy of the term. Purchase process was fairly good. One mis-step was the dealership failed to properly register the car's AcuraLink system. I spent three hours at the dealership trying to figure it out. As a new car in production there have been a couple of strange bugs that have shown up in the software of the car at unique times. There is a software upgrade that will be patched into the car next time I'm at the dealership. These are minor and not worth preventing driving the car or enjoying the vehicle. Now that that is out of the way... Let me tell you, this is a wonderful vehicle. The new headlights are insanely crisp and clear. I honestly doubted the salesmen and the pitch, but it is true. The new headlights provide amazing color at night. The two screen center console takes a bit to get programmed properly for the individual. There are just so many options for entertainment input that it might be overly complicated. I'm happy with six presets and I'm done. My younger generation has Aha, Pandora, XM-Sirius and I'm sure things I don't know about programmed into the car. We have the Technology Package and find that it provides a very well equipped vehicle for a daily driver. Engine power is good. Acceleration isn't for those who are looking for an M5, but most buyers of the Acura RLX are looking for a quality product that does the job very well. Fast isn't a deciding criteria. Design is just unique enough that I'm happy with it. We had previously owned the ZDX and got lots of looks and inquiries. Now people just look and nod. Personally that is more my style. The car has warning systems that are effective. Lane Departure Warning can be irritating if you drive the left side of a lane as do I. But it is accurate and smart. Curves are as well identified as straight pursuits. This is a worthy competitor to the Audi A6 (had one of them), BMW 5 series (had one of them), and Mercedes E class (had one of them too). Might not be as fast, but it certainly reliable, comfortable, and capable for those looking for just those things and not needing a brand badge. By the way, good job Acura!"

Per Page:  5 | 10