• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2006 Acura RL

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

First Acura

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Exceptional fit, finish, quality"

Cons: "Could use more power"

"This was my first ACURA purchase. Car, delivery, service all exceptional. Only drawback is need for more power for passing; and tighter handling. Otherwise everything is top notch."

I'm having a hard time justifying a new ride

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "SH-AWD, build quality, runs like a champ"

Cons: "19 mpg, console components wearing"

"I bought my 05 RL certified used almost 6 years ago for a reasonable price relative to all that it has. Now close to 100k miles I face the dillema of putting $3k into it for the tune up and new tires or trading it in. Thing is, I'm having a hard time finding a new car out there that matches what this car offers, particularly as I'd likely get another 100k miles out of it. The combination of 300hp, SH-AWD (why this system is not in every Acura including the upcoming RLX is a mystery, it works like magic), roominess, and bullet proof reliability is practically impossible to find out there. My one dissapointment is the failing of some of the interior trim pieces around the console including bubbled leather on the arm rests. This is a minor inconvenience when everything else looks as good as the day I bought the car. The greatest complement I can give is that I have considered just buying another used RL with fewer miles, assuming I can find one that is. Honda hasn't sold that many. Too bad, it's a great product."

Beautiful car. Best value of the Luxury cars

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "Price, quality, exhaust note, comfortable, fast"

Cons: "Acura does poor job advertising. What's an RL?"

"This is my third Acura in the past 8 years. Wonderful cars. I traded an 08 Mercedes E350 in for this 07 RL. The Acura RL is superior in everyway to the Mercedes E Class except for the prestige factor. The 09, 10 RL has an ugly front grill piece that looks like a buck tooth. Other than that the lines are beautiful. My 07 is perfect. The only car I would consider as a replacement would be the Lexus LS. If you love quality and value in your car, you will love the Acura RL. If you want to impress the neighbors, pay extra and get Mercedes, BMW, or Lexus. The neighbors will be impressed buy you won't be as satisfied."

Overall - Excelent Vehicle

By on Friday, August 14, 2009

"Overall this is one of the best cars I have owned. It combines a good mixture of luxury and sport, although a little more power would be nice. I really like the SH-AWD as it improves the handling of this nearly 4,000 pound vehicle. The car does have more than adequate power but it will occasionally leave you wanting more low-end grunt that a V8 could produce. In regard to creature comforts, the navigation is very simple to use yet it doesn't require a lot of work to actually utilize it. It would be nice to have rain-sensing wipers on a 50K car as well as a power closing trunk. However I'm willing to look past that when you look at the vehicle overall. This car is loaded on the inside including heated power leather seats (plus cooling seats on the newer models), power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, moonroof, one touch windows, auto on/off xenon headlights with adaptive headlights that swivel, a keyless entry system (the key only needs to be in your pocket to get in and start the car), an outstanding stereo system, a rear back up camera now standard, power rear sunshade... just to name a few! Compare this list of equipment to the RL's german counterparts where a majority of these features are options you need to pay for. I've been averaging about 19-21 miles per gallon which is mixed city/hwy. My highest mpg average was 25 mpg with a little over 400 miles on one tank of gas. One of my gripes would be the rear seat room. It is a little short on legroom for the rear but I rated comfort as 5 stars as I'm rating the drivers comfort. As stated above, overall, this is an excellent vehicle. It is often overlooked and not given enough credit which can be good for the consumer as these cars are sold well below MSRP. It's offers a lot of bang for your buck. It would be well worth it to look at an RL when considering cars such as the 5 series, E-class, A6 or GS."

Purchased new in 2007, have 85K, look to put 200k

By on Saturday, May 16, 2015

Pros: "Reliability,Build Quality,Performance"

Cons: "Regular scheduled dealer maintenance can be pricey"

"Purchased new in 2007. The RL came standard with Navigation, SH-AWD, rear camera, surround sound Bose system, 290 HP V6. Test drove the BMW 5-series, Lexus and Acura. MSRP was about the same on all three. The key difference was that the Acura RL had all the options mentioned above as standard, on the BMW and Lexus they were all at an extra cost. There was no discerning difference in performance between the 3. Going into my 9th year with the Acura RL and its still performing as well as when it was new, Great car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura RL near Honolulu. See local deals