• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide
2001 Acura RL Consumer Reviews

I love my 2004 RL

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"This is a true story. I owned a 2000 RL, was very happy with it, and in 2004 traded it in with 90,000 mi for a new 2004 RL. I always had great luck with these RL's no repairs ...just oil changes , breaks, wipers, tires etc. In Jan 2008 I traded the second RL in for a new 2008 Honda Accord. The Honda dealer gave me $15,000 trade in for the 2004 black RL with 88,000 miles on it. The new Accord was the top of the line...6 cyl., leather etc etc. I drove the Accord for a year and put 22,000 miles on it. But I missed my RL! When I slammed the car door or the trunk on the Accord it wasn't solid like the RL. When the Accord hit a NY pothole or rough road, I could feel every bump, not smooth like the RL.....In early Jan.2009 I did something that made my friends and family think I was crazy....I began searching on the internet for another 2004 RL with LOW mileage. In late Jan 2009 i found one. I baught another 2004 RL silver from a Lexus dealership in southern Florida, they had taken it in as a trade-in from a senior citizen. They had it listed on the net for $15,700...internet special with only 31,000 miles. I flew down to Fla with my check book and credit card, the dealer met me at the airport,...and it was mint, not a scratch, and it even had 4 new tires. i baught it for $15,000. !!! Then I had the car shipped from Fla to NY on one of those huge car trailors for $475. The roundtrip airfare cast me about $350.....so the car cost me less than $16,000 before taxes. And remember, I got $15,000 for my first 2004 RL ...black one... in the trade in for the 2008 Accord. Now the Car.... the ride on the RL is smooth....smoother than a 500 series Benz that my friend owns. Comprable to a BMW 528 that I drove. The leather is plush and the seats are extremely comfortable. the lines on the car are classic-boxlike, not like the new style which was changed in 2005 to make it more sleek and sporty...I'm 53, I dont want fast sleek and sporty, I want classy. The owners manual recomends premium fuel but I learned with my other RL's that it runs fine on regular. Well anyway I look like a superstar because I "gave" the 08 Accord to my 19 and 16 yr old daughters to split but i know I got the best of the deal with my second 04 RL. p.s. the dealer in Southern Fla said alot of "northerners" who want to get nice used cars with low mileage go down to Fla to search....many senior citizens provide low mileage well kept cars that haven't been "raced", and havent seen the snow and harsh winters of the north. Well I hope you liked my story, good luck with your car search. If you can find a nice clean RL with low mileage for a good price....get it!"

2001 Acura RL 340,000 miles...

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, Comfort, High Quality Interior"

Cons: "Gas Mileage & Takes Premium"

"Still on the original engine and transmission. Only maintenance I've had to do is tires, brakes and timing belt. Smoothest suspension out there! These cars run forever!"

Best Car I Have Owned To Date

By on Monday, July 04, 2011

Pros: "Great value for your money and its reliability"

Cons: "Gas mileage is just fair"

"I bought my Acura RL 2002 new. It has been a fantastic car. In runs better now, then when I bought it. The dealer and I agree that this model year was perhaps the best for the RL. I have regularly maintained the car. Other than having to fix the passenger window on the driver side at 130,000 miles, the car has had no issues beyond ordinary maintenance needs. It now has 172,000 miles and it continues to run great."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted