2015 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,803 - $38,000.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/7.6

8.3

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Nice & nimble

By on Saturday, June 18, 2016

Pros: "smooth and crisp ride excellent seating comfort"

Cons: "Can be bumpy over rough spots"

"Very reliable and nimble ride but it does not handle bumps well it seems to move the driver and passengers from side to side on tough bumps but other than that it is a smooth and luxurious ride I had an RL before this and plan to stay in the Acura family as long as they continue to get it right."

interior and exterior are excellent

By on Friday, May 27, 2016

Pros: "driver and passenger feel good"

Cons: "not fun"

"CP value is very high"

Very, Very Nice Suv-Sedan!

By on Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pros: "lots of power, smooth ride, roomy, luxury interior"

Cons: "could have more high-tech accessories."

"I bought this car(SUV) after test driving numerous high-quality SUV's. Namely the Infinity FX35,EX35,Lexus RX-350, and the GS350(not an Suv),and the 2012 ACura MDX. I picked out these cars based upon it's quality and realiablity. I would have test driven the Audi and the BMW, but the quality from "Consumer Reports" rated them average to below average.The BMW especially looked awesome but I was looking at reliablity first and then quality,if I'm going to drop this kind of money on any car I really don't want to spend extra money having to fix it over and over again. I found the FX35 has a very nice high quality interior and good strong power, but the ride was just too bumpy and pronounced. I had to keep an intense eye on the road at all times while going through all those bumps. The RX350's interior is just luxurious and the reliability was stellar, but the ride was just too cushiony and soft. You really had to slow down before taking a turn. My wife would like this car but it wasn't for me. The MDX from Acura was the better car I felt after driving the others. The ride was smooth and the handling was exceptional. But this is a 3-row seat vehicle and much too large. I was looking for a 5-seater only. Then, I test drove the Acura RDX. This SUV/car was very smooth and fast. It had great power and handled nicely even in the turns. The steering was a little light but it handled well. It's interior wasn't the best I saw when comparing these cars but it was nicely done and adequate for an upscale car. Looked even better with the optional wood grain steering wheel, wood shifter,console and wood door trims. The all weather floor and cargo mats & cover were nice as well as the mud guards and side mouldings, bumper applique, and all the protection accessories. The fuel economy was also very good compared to the others with it's valve management system of shutting down 2-3 valves when not needed. The paddle shifters were a joy to use in Sports mode, very quick to shift and fun to use after getting to use it. The ride is very comfortable and smooth, although some car magazines and testers said it was bumpy..? Very wrong here, this is very nice and smooth even on bumpy roads, which we have an abundance of. The only question I have is why Consumer Reports has positioned this in the Sports- SUV category? I can see the previous model being in this category, but this model seems misplaced here. It should be in the luxury-upscale,2-row seating SUV category. There are many other suv's that can be placed in the Sports-SUV category other than this model.This is a completely redesigned Suv from the previous model with greater power, interior room and comfort. Test drive one for yourself and you be the judge."

Awesome SUV for the money

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2015

"One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Not many vehicles with this type of quality leave the showroom floor for around $34K. No X3 or Q5 can compare price wise. SUV is very quick and comfortable. Rear storage could be a little bigger but would take away from the room you get in the back seat. Acura and Honda are known for their quality and this vehicle measures up. Over 30K miles so far and nothing but oil changes and tire rotations. City driving I get around 22 mpg, highway I can hit 30 if you drive nice."

I really like this CUV it covered all my needs.

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Good value. Roomy and nice to drive."

Cons: "Passenger seat could use more adjustment"

"I picked up the 2014 RDX on MAY 22 2013. With only 62 miles on the odometer I headed north to Canada for a long weekend. It was raining when I left and it continued until I returned some 1200 miles later. The car performed flawlessly on rain soaked roads and high winds. It felt sure footed and composed under these extreme driving conditions. It averaged between 25.6 and 29.7 miles to the gallon. The RDX is quiet and very comfortable. The quality, fit and finish of the materials is very good. I traded in a Lincoln MKX that we had owned for several years. I love cars. Its my hobby. I read all of the reviews I could find. I looked at and tested several CUVs. Ford Escape, Volvo SC60, KIA, and Hyundai CUVs. Load them up with equipment and the prices add up quickly. I believe the quality and standard equipment on this vehicle makes it the best bang for the buck."