2014 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,970 - $33,010.

10/7.7

Based on 47 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Back with Acura

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking, Good leg room front and back."

Cons: "No air conditioned seats, No backup warning system"

"Traded in the MKX and went back to Acura. My wife and I both say it's fun to drive. Better gas mileage then the Lincoln."

A Major Disappointment!

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "A powerful engine"

Cons: "No AC in back, no park sensors, no blind spot, no"

"We wanted to like the car but it really is just a loaded Honda CR-V with bigger engine at the end of the day. This car lacks all of the features of actual luxury SUV's, such as blind spot monitor, cross traffic sensor, lane swerve, accident avoidance mechanism, backup and forward parking sensors, a modern display, etc. It looks like Acura/Honda has been sleeping for the past ten years, compared to all of its competition. You even have to pay another $4,000 and get the 'navigation' model just to get a tailgate lift, something even a Ford Escape or Hyundai will give you. And to add insult to injury, there is no AC in the back. I don't know what Honda/Acura is thinking. A Ford Escape or Hyundai will give you more than this car, and for a lot less. Needless to say we passed on this CRV, eh I mean RDX!"

It's Just OK

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Not much and just OK."

Cons: "Front seat is very uncomfortable, ride is lousy."

"Purchased the vehicle new and overall think it's a decent SUV. The ride is a bit choppy compared to my previous used 2006 Audi A-4 and at 30K miles have experienced some unusual engine and drive train maintenance issues. Luckily, it's still under warranty. I initially liked the body styling, but not as much now. The vehicle offered less modern technology than the comparable Honda CRV, but the CRV's styling was awful. Relative price for the Acura was definitely at the luxury level, no real discounts from the dealer. I have used three different dealers for scheduled maintenance due to moving around the country and find them consistent and professional. I am on the fence whether I would recommend the car to a family member or friend. It lost about 10K in value over the first 18 months of ownership, so I would take a bath with a dealer trade or private sale. One recall so far. However, I don't expect to spend the big bucks that my 2006 Audi cost to maintain. Another odd thing about the vehicle is front parking it with the nose first. It tracks funny. Also the vehicle is a super tight fit between a standard garage door. Next vehicle for me might be a Honda, but surely won't be an Acura. I look forward to unloading it in 2-3 years."

Great Ride & Value

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Nice drive, sound system, love the size!"

Cons: "No blindspot/land departure warning"

"I researched a tremendous amount before pulling the plug and buying this vehicle. Giving up the blind spot monitoring was huge for me, but when I looked at other vehicles and prices, this made my budget happy. Ended up with the tech package and I'm just getting used to everything-a little overwhelming but enjoyable. I wish it had a bigger sunroof that extended back further (came from a vehicle with a panoramic roof), and the blind spot/lane departure safety measure; other than that I love the radius of the turns-very tight and easy. Purchase is a very simple procedure, there are 4 choices that are very simplified. Looked at a Volvo X60 and the buying choices were overwhelming (so many engine types and packages) but when it came down to it gas mileage and the rear seat were a huge factor in deciding. If you're on the fence do your homework."

First Time Acura Owner

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "looks,comfort, mpg,"

Cons: "teck pkg not worth 4k"

"The SUV hit all my check marks when i researched my new vehicle and it was a smart choice for my wife and I.Looks,comfort,mpg,saftey,bang for my bucks,sound system,and a consumer reports "best buy" for compact luxury."