• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,610 - $33,452.

10/7.7

8.4

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Outstanding

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Priced right, fun to drive, good looking."

Cons: "Taking a while to learn the technology."

"Very competent, reliable, crisp ride, and nice to look at. Will use around town, on trips, and for everyday use. Affordable luxury. Powerful engine, fun to drive. Handles well. Loaded with the WOW's at an affordable price. Honda reliability. Previously only bought Toyota's."

Like it, but don't LOVE it

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Great pick-up/acceleration, comfortable front seat"

Cons: "No rear air vents, outdated Navigation system"

"I've been a Honda or Acura owner for more than 20 years and love the brand, consequently didn't do a lot of detailed shopping around when it came time to purchase my next vehicle. This is my first move from sporty to crossover, so am having some personal adjustment. PROS: Great pick-up/acceleration Comfortable front seats Better than expected gas mileage CONS: No rear seat/compartment air vents, consequently difficult to cool in the Texas summer sun just due to volume of air to cool with only the front vents. Navigation system was 15 months out of date at purchase. I regularly drive on a relatively new toll road that opened in Oct. 2012, but is not noted on a Nov. 2013 purchase. The a/v system automatically records CDs to the hard drive and it's somewhat cumbersome to stop the recording, which has to be done at every stop/start of play time. I drive a lot (500 mi/week) and listen to a lot of audio books, and find this feature frustrating."

Owned since July 4, 2014

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Good price, drives well, good turning ratio"

Cons: "Could have more technology"

"After owning 3 Infiniti's (QX4, FX 35 x 2), and encountering a very difficult environment at the local Infiniti dealers, I gave up on "brand loyalty" and began to look elsewhere. The local Acura dealer treated me a million times better! The trade was easy, the price was negotiated to include several options, and add ons. Compared to my Infiniti, the Acura is NOT as luxurious--but it was also $20K less out the door! I can afford a bit less luxury for the savings. Vehicle interior is the color I wanted, the sound system is NOT as good as the Bose system--but $20K less (remember?), and the technology package isn't quite up with the MOST recent technological innovations (the Infiniti QX50/60/70) had much more technology. But $20K less, remember?"

Back with Acura

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking, Good leg room front and back."

Cons: "No air conditioned seats, No backup warning system"

"Traded in the MKX and went back to Acura. My wife and I both say it's fun to drive. Better gas mileage then the Lincoln."

A Major Disappointment!

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "A powerful engine"

Cons: "No AC in back, no park sensors, no blind spot, no"

"We wanted to like the car but it really is just a loaded Honda CR-V with bigger engine at the end of the day. This car lacks all of the features of actual luxury SUV's, such as blind spot monitor, cross traffic sensor, lane swerve, accident avoidance mechanism, backup and forward parking sensors, a modern display, etc. It looks like Acura/Honda has been sleeping for the past ten years, compared to all of its competition. You even have to pay another $4,000 and get the 'navigation' model just to get a tailgate lift, something even a Ford Escape or Hyundai will give you. And to add insult to injury, there is no AC in the back. I don't know what Honda/Acura is thinking. A Ford Escape or Hyundai will give you more than this car, and for a lot less. Needless to say we passed on this CRV, eh I mean RDX!"