2014 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,007 - $36,247.

10/7.7

8.3

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Turned out to be junk...

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Style, handling"

Cons: "doesn't start reliably"

"Got the base model - interior features are a bit spartan for a vehicle in this price range (no power hatch release?, tiny LCD screen)but I liked the handling and style and bought it anyway. The vehicle also has a sort of whistle/hum/vibration - particularly noticeable at under 2,000 RPM and at low speeds - I don't think it's a mechanical problem, but it sure is annoying to hear it all the time. Unfortunately, within a week after purchase, the vehicle intermittently won't start without trying a couple of times. Five months and 3,400 miles later, it's still happening, randomly. Dealer is unable to replicate so in their estimation the problem doesn't exist... Told me to wait until the problem happens more often and to bring it in. Intellectually, I understand that, but gee whiz... I'm really regretting my purchase."

New car after 13 1/2 years

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun drive, great value, quick passing acceleration"

Cons: "small rear window"

"Been considering a new car for some time. I've had my 1999 4Runner for 13 1/2 years. Considered replacing it with the 2012 4Runner but it is taller and doesnt seem to corner and handle nearly as well as the RDX. Originally the MDX was on my list, but with the RDX being $10,000 less expensive, and better on gas mileage, I am very pleased with my choice. Had the new car almost 2 weeks now and loving it. Only quirk that can be annoying is having to unplug and replug in my Iphone on occassion because of technical glitches, but went back to dealer and they explained to me how to prevent those."

Very, Very Nice Suv-Sedan!

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "lots of power, smooth ride, roomy, luxury interior"

Cons: "could have more high-tech accessories."

"I bought this car(SUV) after test driving numerous high-quality SUV's. Namely the Infinity FX35,EX35,Lexus RX-350, and the GS350(not an Suv),and the 2012 ACura MDX. I picked out these cars based upon it's quality and realiablity. I would have test driven the Audi and the BMW, but the quality from "Consumer Reports" rated them average to below average.The BMW especially looked awesome but I was looking at reliablity first and then quality,if I'm going to drop this kind of money on any car I really don't want to spend extra money having to fix it over and over again. I found the FX35 has a very nice high quality interior and good strong power, but the ride was just too bumpy and pronounced. I had to keep an intense eye on the road at all times while going through all those bumps. The RX350's interior is just luxurious and the reliability was stellar, but the ride was just too cushiony and soft. You really had to slow down before taking a turn. My wife would like this car but it wasn't for me. The MDX from Acura was the better car I felt after driving the others. The ride was smooth and the handling was exceptional. But this is a 3-row seat vehicle and much too large. I was looking for a 5-seater only. Then, I test drove the Acura RDX. This SUV/car was very smooth and fast. It had great power and handled nicely even in the turns. The steering was a little light but it handled well. It's interior wasn't the best I saw when comparing these cars but it was nicely done and adequate for an upscale car. Looked even better with the optional wood grain steering wheel, wood shifter,console and wood door trims. The all weather floor and cargo mats & cover were nice as well as the mud guards and side mouldings, bumper applique, and all the protection accessories. The fuel economy was also very good compared to the others with it's valve management system of shutting down 2-3 valves when not needed. The paddle shifters were a joy to use in Sports mode, very quick to shift and fun to use after getting to use it. The ride is very comfortable and smooth, although some car magazines and testers said it was bumpy..? Very wrong here, this is very nice and smooth even on bumpy roads, which we have an abundance of. The only question I have is why Consumer Reports has positioned this in the Sports- SUV category? I can see the previous model being in this category, but this model seems misplaced here. It should be in the luxury-upscale,2-row seating SUV category. There are many other suv's that can be placed in the Sports-SUV category other than this model.This is a completely redesigned Suv from the previous model with greater power, interior room and comfort. Test drive one for yourself and you be the judge."

Awsome Crossover!

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Price+Standard features, Smart key, V6, MPG, Ride"

Cons: "Needs more random storage, and dealer options"

"I've had the RDX for about a month now and it was a great choice. I upgraded from my Acura 2004 RSX to the RDX. I've test driven the Audi Q5 and it does handle better, but I'm sure I wont need to pull G's while haulling stuff from Costco. The RDX is very comfortable to drive and the backup camara is great. If you are looking for a great crossover for a good price then the RDX is the best bet."

VCM Problems

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"Bought a 2014 RDX. After approximatley 500 miles noticed a major vibration. Took the unit into the dealership, and they informed us of a service bulletin that the drive shaft should be replaced to take care of the problem. Problem is still present after the replacement of the driveshaft. I then contacted Acura. After several days the Client Relationship Manager stated the following: -Dealer ran the vehicle without the VCM connected,and the vibration went away -Vibration is within tolerance -Nothing more that Acura can do -The Variable Cylinder Management is the cause of the vibration"