• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,148 - $37,037.

10/7.7

8.4

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Very, Very Nice Suv-Sedan!

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "lots of power, smooth ride, roomy, luxury interior"

Cons: "could have more high-tech accessories."

"I bought this car(SUV) after test driving numerous high-quality SUV's. Namely the Infinity FX35,EX35,Lexus RX-350, and the GS350(not an Suv),and the 2012 ACura MDX. I picked out these cars based upon it's quality and realiablity. I would have test driven the Audi and the BMW, but the quality from "Consumer Reports" rated them average to below average.The BMW especially looked awesome but I was looking at reliablity first and then quality,if I'm going to drop this kind of money on any car I really don't want to spend extra money having to fix it over and over again. I found the FX35 has a very nice high quality interior and good strong power, but the ride was just too bumpy and pronounced. I had to keep an intense eye on the road at all times while going through all those bumps. The RX350's interior is just luxurious and the reliability was stellar, but the ride was just too cushiony and soft. You really had to slow down before taking a turn. My wife would like this car but it wasn't for me. The MDX from Acura was the better car I felt after driving the others. The ride was smooth and the handling was exceptional. But this is a 3-row seat vehicle and much too large. I was looking for a 5-seater only. Then, I test drove the Acura RDX. This SUV/car was very smooth and fast. It had great power and handled nicely even in the turns. The steering was a little light but it handled well. It's interior wasn't the best I saw when comparing these cars but it was nicely done and adequate for an upscale car. Looked even better with the optional wood grain steering wheel, wood shifter,console and wood door trims. The all weather floor and cargo mats & cover were nice as well as the mud guards and side mouldings, bumper applique, and all the protection accessories. The fuel economy was also very good compared to the others with it's valve management system of shutting down 2-3 valves when not needed. The paddle shifters were a joy to use in Sports mode, very quick to shift and fun to use after getting to use it. The ride is very comfortable and smooth, although some car magazines and testers said it was bumpy..? Very wrong here, this is very nice and smooth even on bumpy roads, which we have an abundance of. The only question I have is why Consumer Reports has positioned this in the Sports- SUV category? I can see the previous model being in this category, but this model seems misplaced here. It should be in the luxury-upscale,2-row seating SUV category. There are many other suv's that can be placed in the Sports-SUV category other than this model.This is a completely redesigned Suv from the previous model with greater power, interior room and comfort. Test drive one for yourself and you be the judge."

New car after 13 1/2 years

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun drive, great value, quick passing acceleration"

Cons: "small rear window"

"Been considering a new car for some time. I've had my 1999 4Runner for 13 1/2 years. Considered replacing it with the 2012 4Runner but it is taller and doesnt seem to corner and handle nearly as well as the RDX. Originally the MDX was on my list, but with the RDX being $10,000 less expensive, and better on gas mileage, I am very pleased with my choice. Had the new car almost 2 weeks now and loving it. Only quirk that can be annoying is having to unplug and replug in my Iphone on occassion because of technical glitches, but went back to dealer and they explained to me how to prevent those."

Disappointed fist time Acura owner

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Looks, performance, nav system, audio system,"

Cons: "Noise at high speed, and (VCM) vibration issue"

"I owned the 2014 RDX since June of this year. This is my first Acura and I loved the features and handling of the RDX. I chose the RDX because it cheaper and looks classier than the Q5 and X3. There had been a problem with vibration since mid November. This is the exact same vibration problem by reviewer "Disappointed So Far". I took it to the dealer and they've confirmed that the vibration is due to the (VCM) variable cylinder management system. When the system is engaged it caused vibration in the front end and you can feel it. The dealer told me Acura is working on a dampening system which won't be ready until February."

Awsome Crossover!

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Price+Standard features, Smart key, V6, MPG, Ride"

Cons: "Needs more random storage, and dealer options"

"I've had the RDX for about a month now and it was a great choice. I upgraded from my Acura 2004 RSX to the RDX. I've test driven the Audi Q5 and it does handle better, but I'm sure I wont need to pull G's while haulling stuff from Costco. The RDX is very comfortable to drive and the backup camara is great. If you are looking for a great crossover for a good price then the RDX is the best bet."

Drives like a dream.

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "good price, fun to drive, plenty of room"

Cons: "none so far"

"We were looking at the Acura RDX and the Chevy Equinox. The RDX drives so much better and is much more responsive. The Equinox is more like an "SUV" and the RDX is more like a sports car (it has paddle shifters for the sport mode!). We got 27mgg driving back from the dealership which was about 2 hours on highway roads (we have the AWD version so that hurts gas by about 1 mile a gallon). Plenty of room for a small family, but if more than 2 kids then I would recommend the MDX. We do not know the realiability yet since we just bought it, but if it is like other Acura's, I'm sure it will be great."