2014 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,070 - $36,271.

10/7.7

8.3

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Turned out to be junk...

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Style, handling"

Cons: "doesn't start reliably"

"Got the base model - interior features are a bit spartan for a vehicle in this price range (no power hatch release?, tiny LCD screen)but I liked the handling and style and bought it anyway. The vehicle also has a sort of whistle/hum/vibration - particularly noticeable at under 2,000 RPM and at low speeds - I don't think it's a mechanical problem, but it sure is annoying to hear it all the time. Unfortunately, within a week after purchase, the vehicle intermittently won't start without trying a couple of times. Five months and 3,400 miles later, it's still happening, randomly. Dealer is unable to replicate so in their estimation the problem doesn't exist... Told me to wait until the problem happens more often and to bring it in. Intellectually, I understand that, but gee whiz... I'm really regretting my purchase."

Road Noise is extreme

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "sun roof, acceleration, handling in snow"

Cons: "road noise is EXTREME"

"I purchased this car because of the Honda/Acura name. I've owned 4 Honda Accords prior to purchasing this vehicle and was MOST excited about having a PREMIER vehicle of the Acura class. I was WRONG. NO previous vehicle I've ever owned / driven is a noisy as this one (trucks included). I was told by one of the tech's at the dealer that the Acura RDX does not have the road noise damping features that are standard on all the other models. WHY??? When I run over manhole covers/bumps in the road there is noise from all areas of the car. I'm considering trading it in for a much quieter ride."

Comfortable, quiet, fun to drive.

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, reliable, great handling, roomy, fun."

Cons: "no rear vent and power outlet in rear seat."

"Really fun SUV to own. Have the 2103 RDX FWD with the Tech Package. Comfortable ride, great handling and reliable. Gas mileage is about as expected 19 city and 27 highway. Nice acceleration when you need it. Quite roomy for small luxury SUV. Only flaw is no air vent in council for the back seat and no power outlet either."

Perfect Balance

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pros: "Strong engine, great space all rows and cargo"

Cons: "MPG low. Not communicative steering wheel"

"I have been leasing vehicles every two years for the past 11 years. I like performance, dynamics and reliability. I recently change my BMw X1 for the RDX with Tech. I am very happy. I drove first the BMW X3 and let me tell you, there is a huge difference in price and how comfortable is the vehicle vs the X3. Perfect cargo space, nice cabin and performance. Not everything is perfect, I getting 18mpg in city with the 2wd model. No air vents for the 2 row and steering wheel is not fat enough and does not communicate the path very well as the BMW. Still great price (38K) vs the 50k they asked me for the BMW X3. Resell price Acura beats BMW. Great SUV!! perfect balance between price, features and perfomance"

Acura RDX defines Luxury and Power

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, Power and luxurious interior"

Cons: "None so far"

"The 2014 is the second Acura RDX I've owned and am very pleased with the newer model. Refined interior with leather seats, ELS surround sound system, smooth drive with plenty power."

Bad Choice

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

"Don't buy this car. There is a vibration that started at about 5000 miles and getting worse. Transmission or variable cylinders? Acura is no help so far - says it's normal. Also, the ride on rough pavement is punishing."

Great Value

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Great value, powerful, rear legroom, smooth ride"

Cons: "No rear a/c vents, fake aluminum trim"

"The RDX is less expensive than all the competing luxury crossovers like the Lexus RX350, Audi Q5, and BMW X3. It feels very quick and light-weight compared to the other vehicles and I like the paddle shifters/sport mode. The seats are very comfortable and there is a ton of rear legroom, even more than the MDX i had last. The car drives very smoothly overall and is quiet. On the other hand, it doesn't have as many luxury features as its competitors. The interiors of the other luxury crossovers feel a little more premium and offer more luxury options and features. I also don't like that in a luxury car, there are no vents for rear passengers. Overall, the RDX was my choice, becuase it was less expensive than the other brands, yet it still was at least as fast as the competitors and very smooth. If money is not a factor for you, then the other crossovers would offer a little more luxury. However, the acura actualy feels sportier than the others."

Terrific luxury car & a great price!

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Good looking. Many luxury amenities. Comfy seats."

"Purchased my RDX AWD /wTech in November, 2014. Drove a CR-V for 16 years and wanted to stay with Honda but upgrade. The RDX is perfect. It's a beautiful car, has so many amenities, drives beautifully, and looks really classy. It's a timeless look that will retain its good looks for years to come. I like that it's not a trendy design. Aside from the incredible ride, the stereo is so amazing. The numerous bells and whistles on this car is also impressive, though I do wish it had lane departure warning and a couple other options that I'm sure the 2016 model will have. In a nutshell, this is a great car...and I'm really glad I bought it."

Impressive

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "stereo, seat comfort, responsive engine"

Cons: "filling up w/ 91 octane fuel (small price to pay)"

"Mrs Underhill and I are very impressed with the 2015 RDX with Tech package. It has ample power, is well built and the ELS stereo is fantastic. We also considered a 2015 Honda CR-V Touring, but the RDX has much better sound insulation, and build quality/materials appear to be a notch above what Honda offers. Definitely worth spending a little more to get an Acura over one of its Honda brothers. We look forward to putting many miles on this RDX"

Great vechicle - good looking and comfortable

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality build and name, good looking"

Cons: "stiff ride on edgy bumpy roads"

"Have owned this RDX since July 2014 with 4000 miles now. Must say this is a nice vechicle that is luxurious, solid build and great looks. The vehicle rides so smooth on highway driving jet like.. I have used premium fuel as per manual. The one drawback about this vehicle for me riding over bumps. The ride is a bit stiff and the RDX does not quite handle the stiff bumps as smoothly as I would like but other than that this is a flawless car and a great value for the price"

Probably be best car I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive due to acceleration"

Cons: "no side early warning technology"

"Wish it had side view warning system as some cars do."

Quality build,quiet,handling,power and value.

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Solid ride and power with excellent MPG."

"Traded 2014 Escape Titanium AWD, good vehicle,however RDX is an outstanding vehicle. Well worth the $5K MSRP difference. Hint: Use brand name premium fuel. From my experience this will save dollars in the long haul. Order ACURA splash guards($116) if not dealer equipped. Easy to install with instructions and look like factory. If your a "gadget" person get the Tech Pkg... If you are like me; K.I.S.S. Base AWD is the way to go!"

Great car for the money

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Fantastic car for the money"

Cons: "are there any?"

"I really like driving and cars. This car replaced a 2011 volvo T6 AWD s60. I also own a honda s2000 ap1, that I drive for fun in good weather. This is my everyday driver and have driven it now in 4 seasons. New I paid about 35,000$ and for that price it is a steal. Compare it to other compact SUVs and when you max out a mazda or crv with bells and whistles you still do not have the power, agility or stability of this car. Everything you need and nothing you do not (non tech package). Very quiet, smooth, and can still get up and go when you want it too. Sport shift mode is enough to get you around the slow cars and on your way."

Underrated Gem

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "handling, power, interior and exterior styling"

Cons: "no lane departure warning"

"I waited for Acura to redesign the RDX and then waited 1 year after the redesign to purchase my 2014 RDX. I simply love this vehicle. It offers alot of luxury for an EXCELLENT price. I really think this is the BEST vehicle in this segment. The only thing it is missing is lane departure warning."

Good Vehicle

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "Great power"

Cons: "Lake of blind spot monitoring"

"I love this vehicle. It has a very smooth ride and it will move when you need it to. The only complaints I have is that I wish that it had a blind spot monitoring system. I believe the data for the GPS is out of date as well. I enjoy my vehicle and will not be getting rid of it."

great for the cash

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "mid size of car vs suv, price very fair, zippy"

Cons: "no rear vents"

"Overall I'm pleased with my choice of 2015 RDX AWD. It's zippy when I pass, seats are comfortable & has most all the basics of a luxury car that I was wanting. Only 2 things standout that I feel it should of offered--seat vents for the 2nd row & blind spot montoring. I am experiencing a strange creaking noise in the windshield, but haven't had a chance to go to dealer to see if it can be taken care of. Average gas is 25.2 (most of my driving is on highway). I went looking for a cross between my honda pilot & my accord--the RDX fit the bill. Really thought I would have brought home the Q5 or XC60, but neither of them had center arm rest that was useable--a MUST for a badback, seems dumb, but my old bmw had that small setback center & it drove me nuts. Also you can't bet leg room for backseat compared to other vehicles."

Outstanding

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Priced right, fun to drive, good looking."

Cons: "Taking a while to learn the technology."

"Very competent, reliable, crisp ride, and nice to look at. Will use around town, on trips, and for everyday use. Affordable luxury. Powerful engine, fun to drive. Handles well. Loaded with the WOW's at an affordable price. Honda reliability. Previously only bought Toyota's."

Like it, but don't LOVE it

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Great pick-up/acceleration, comfortable front seat"

Cons: "No rear air vents, outdated Navigation system"

"I've been a Honda or Acura owner for more than 20 years and love the brand, consequently didn't do a lot of detailed shopping around when it came time to purchase my next vehicle. This is my first move from sporty to crossover, so am having some personal adjustment. PROS: Great pick-up/acceleration Comfortable front seats Better than expected gas mileage CONS: No rear seat/compartment air vents, consequently difficult to cool in the Texas summer sun just due to volume of air to cool with only the front vents. Navigation system was 15 months out of date at purchase. I regularly drive on a relatively new toll road that opened in Oct. 2012, but is not noted on a Nov. 2013 purchase. The a/v system automatically records CDs to the hard drive and it's somewhat cumbersome to stop the recording, which has to be done at every stop/start of play time. I drive a lot (500 mi/week) and listen to a lot of audio books, and find this feature frustrating."

Owned since July 4, 2014

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Good price, drives well, good turning ratio"

Cons: "Could have more technology"

"After owning 3 Infiniti's (QX4, FX 35 x 2), and encountering a very difficult environment at the local Infiniti dealers, I gave up on "brand loyalty" and began to look elsewhere. The local Acura dealer treated me a million times better! The trade was easy, the price was negotiated to include several options, and add ons. Compared to my Infiniti, the Acura is NOT as luxurious--but it was also $20K less out the door! I can afford a bit less luxury for the savings. Vehicle interior is the color I wanted, the sound system is NOT as good as the Bose system--but $20K less (remember?), and the technology package isn't quite up with the MOST recent technological innovations (the Infiniti QX50/60/70) had much more technology. But $20K less, remember?"

Back with Acura

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking, Good leg room front and back."

Cons: "No air conditioned seats, No backup warning system"

"Traded in the MKX and went back to Acura. My wife and I both say it's fun to drive. Better gas mileage then the Lincoln."

A Major Disappointment!

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "A powerful engine"

Cons: "No AC in back, no park sensors, no blind spot, no"

"We wanted to like the car but it really is just a loaded Honda CR-V with bigger engine at the end of the day. This car lacks all of the features of actual luxury SUV's, such as blind spot monitor, cross traffic sensor, lane swerve, accident avoidance mechanism, backup and forward parking sensors, a modern display, etc. It looks like Acura/Honda has been sleeping for the past ten years, compared to all of its competition. You even have to pay another $4,000 and get the 'navigation' model just to get a tailgate lift, something even a Ford Escape or Hyundai will give you. And to add insult to injury, there is no AC in the back. I don't know what Honda/Acura is thinking. A Ford Escape or Hyundai will give you more than this car, and for a lot less. Needless to say we passed on this CRV, eh I mean RDX!"

It's Just OK

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Not much and just OK."

Cons: "Front seat is very uncomfortable, ride is lousy."

"Purchased the vehicle new and overall think it's a decent SUV. The ride is a bit choppy compared to my previous used 2006 Audi A-4 and at 30K miles have experienced some unusual engine and drive train maintenance issues. Luckily, it's still under warranty. I initially liked the body styling, but not as much now. The vehicle offered less modern technology than the comparable Honda CRV, but the CRV's styling was awful. Relative price for the Acura was definitely at the luxury level, no real discounts from the dealer. I have used three different dealers for scheduled maintenance due to moving around the country and find them consistent and professional. I am on the fence whether I would recommend the car to a family member or friend. It lost about 10K in value over the first 18 months of ownership, so I would take a bath with a dealer trade or private sale. One recall so far. However, I don't expect to spend the big bucks that my 2006 Audi cost to maintain. Another odd thing about the vehicle is front parking it with the nose first. It tracks funny. Also the vehicle is a super tight fit between a standard garage door. Next vehicle for me might be a Honda, but surely won't be an Acura. I look forward to unloading it in 2-3 years."

Great Ride & Value

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Nice drive, sound system, love the size!"

Cons: "No blindspot/land departure warning"

"I researched a tremendous amount before pulling the plug and buying this vehicle. Giving up the blind spot monitoring was huge for me, but when I looked at other vehicles and prices, this made my budget happy. Ended up with the tech package and I'm just getting used to everything-a little overwhelming but enjoyable. I wish it had a bigger sunroof that extended back further (came from a vehicle with a panoramic roof), and the blind spot/lane departure safety measure; other than that I love the radius of the turns-very tight and easy. Purchase is a very simple procedure, there are 4 choices that are very simplified. Looked at a Volvo X60 and the buying choices were overwhelming (so many engine types and packages) but when it came down to it gas mileage and the rear seat were a huge factor in deciding. If you're on the fence do your homework."

First Time Acura Owner

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "looks,comfort, mpg,"

Cons: "teck pkg not worth 4k"

"The SUV hit all my check marks when i researched my new vehicle and it was a smart choice for my wife and I.Looks,comfort,mpg,saftey,bang for my bucks,sound system,and a consumer reports "best buy" for compact luxury."

Excellent small luxury SUV

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, look and feel"

Cons: "Tech Package, especially the Navigation Sys."

"For the past year we have enjoyed our RDX while driving to Florida and into the Midwest. Very comfortable seats, nice ambiance and well-positioned instrumentation. Only problem has been left-rear shock absorber, dealer fixed it. Use regular gas with no problems. My primary complaint is the navigation system is inaccurate 20% of the time and does not have a touch screen. Interesting that Acura and Lexus still use the old manual knob to select word characters, sort of like searching on Netflix. Would not pay $4K again for the Tech Pkg. Get a Garman GPS with free updates, etc. Otherwise we like the car:)"