• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,729 - $33,534.

10/7.7

8.4

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

It's Just OK

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Not much and just OK."

Cons: "Front seat is very uncomfortable, ride is lousy."

"Purchased the vehicle new and overall think it's a decent SUV. The ride is a bit choppy compared to my previous used 2006 Audi A-4 and at 30K miles have experienced some unusual engine and drive train maintenance issues. Luckily, it's still under warranty. I initially liked the body styling, but not as much now. The vehicle offered less modern technology than the comparable Honda CRV, but the CRV's styling was awful. Relative price for the Acura was definitely at the luxury level, no real discounts from the dealer. I have used three different dealers for scheduled maintenance due to moving around the country and find them consistent and professional. I am on the fence whether I would recommend the car to a family member or friend. It lost about 10K in value over the first 18 months of ownership, so I would take a bath with a dealer trade or private sale. One recall so far. However, I don't expect to spend the big bucks that my 2006 Audi cost to maintain. Another odd thing about the vehicle is front parking it with the nose first. It tracks funny. Also the vehicle is a super tight fit between a standard garage door. Next vehicle for me might be a Honda, but surely won't be an Acura. I look forward to unloading it in 2-3 years."

Great Ride & Value

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Nice drive, sound system, love the size!"

Cons: "No blindspot/land departure warning"

"I researched a tremendous amount before pulling the plug and buying this vehicle. Giving up the blind spot monitoring was huge for me, but when I looked at other vehicles and prices, this made my budget happy. Ended up with the tech package and I'm just getting used to everything-a little overwhelming but enjoyable. I wish it had a bigger sunroof that extended back further (came from a vehicle with a panoramic roof), and the blind spot/lane departure safety measure; other than that I love the radius of the turns-very tight and easy. Purchase is a very simple procedure, there are 4 choices that are very simplified. Looked at a Volvo X60 and the buying choices were overwhelming (so many engine types and packages) but when it came down to it gas mileage and the rear seat were a huge factor in deciding. If you're on the fence do your homework."

First Time Acura Owner

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "looks,comfort, mpg,"

Cons: "teck pkg not worth 4k"

"The SUV hit all my check marks when i researched my new vehicle and it was a smart choice for my wife and I.Looks,comfort,mpg,saftey,bang for my bucks,sound system,and a consumer reports "best buy" for compact luxury."

Excellent small luxury SUV

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, look and feel"

Cons: "Tech Package, especially the Navigation Sys."

"For the past year we have enjoyed our RDX while driving to Florida and into the Midwest. Very comfortable seats, nice ambiance and well-positioned instrumentation. Only problem has been left-rear shock absorber, dealer fixed it. Use regular gas with no problems. My primary complaint is the navigation system is inaccurate 20% of the time and does not have a touch screen. Interesting that Acura and Lexus still use the old manual knob to select word characters, sort of like searching on Netflix. Would not pay $4K again for the Tech Pkg. Get a Garman GPS with free updates, etc. Otherwise we like the car:)"

Nice smaller SUV but..

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Price, styling, handling and performance"

Cons: "More imagination for the "little things" ."

"I test drove the 2014 RDX (AWD Tech package) twice. It is a very nice handling SUV and it is gorgeous. It very well may be the best in its class in virtually every area. My problem is one of personal taste. I am annoyed no end that Acura seems to "cut corners" where their competition doesn't. In general there are not enough exterior colors--no blue, no green, etc. Is this for cost-savings? Or is this the result of some unimaginative stylist? The problem also extends to interior colors. The Basque Red exterior, for example, can only be purchased with one interior color--parchment. I am also bothered by the fact that the RDX does not have a dual, chrome-tipped exhaust. Its big brother the MDX does and all its competitors do. So why not the RDX? Let's see a bit more imagination and a little less concern over "nickel and dime" expenses. This is a great looking, quality SUV and with a few minor changes it could be much nicer."