2014 Acura RDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,166 - $33,325.

10/7.7

8.4

Based on 67 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Great SUV "FOR THE MONEY"

By on Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pros: "Good value, Honda products are reliable"

Cons: "rear seats don't fold flat, Variable-VCM problem"

"I own a 2016 White Diamond Pearl RDX AWD with the Tech package. Should have added the Acura Watch safety package for another $1300. Contrary to other reviews, I find the Acura to be quiet on the road with a slight jittery on bumps and a slight noise from the struts. On the highway, I do not hear any wind noise (dislike wind noise) so I would notice that. The seats are firm with "pretty" good support. The front seats do need additional extended thigh support. There is plenty of rear seat room BUT the rear seats do not fold flat...There is good acceleration from the 6 cyl engine, although I find the new variable cyl management system to be annoying on the open road. The Acura does not handle as well as the Audi, BMW, but for the price and the included features I can overlook that. I'm not looking to race the Acura SUV like a Porsche."

Very, Very Nice Suv-Sedan!

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "lots of power, smooth ride, roomy, luxury interior"

Cons: "could have more high-tech accessories."

"I bought this car(SUV) after test driving numerous high-quality SUV's. Namely the Infinity FX35,EX35,Lexus RX-350, and the GS350(not an Suv),and the 2012 ACura MDX. I picked out these cars based upon it's quality and realiablity. I would have test driven the Audi and the BMW, but the quality from "Consumer Reports" rated them average to below average.The BMW especially looked awesome but I was looking at reliablity first and then quality,if I'm going to drop this kind of money on any car I really don't want to spend extra money having to fix it over and over again. I found the FX35 has a very nice high quality interior and good strong power, but the ride was just too bumpy and pronounced. I had to keep an intense eye on the road at all times while going through all those bumps. The RX350's interior is just luxurious and the reliability was stellar, but the ride was just too cushiony and soft. You really had to slow down before taking a turn. My wife would like this car but it wasn't for me. The MDX from Acura was the better car I felt after driving the others. The ride was smooth and the handling was exceptional. But this is a 3-row seat vehicle and much too large. I was looking for a 5-seater only. Then, I test drove the Acura RDX. This SUV/car was very smooth and fast. It had great power and handled nicely even in the turns. The steering was a little light but it handled well. It's interior wasn't the best I saw when comparing these cars but it was nicely done and adequate for an upscale car. Looked even better with the optional wood grain steering wheel, wood shifter,console and wood door trims. The all weather floor and cargo mats & cover were nice as well as the mud guards and side mouldings, bumper applique, and all the protection accessories. The fuel economy was also very good compared to the others with it's valve management system of shutting down 2-3 valves when not needed. The paddle shifters were a joy to use in Sports mode, very quick to shift and fun to use after getting to use it. The ride is very comfortable and smooth, although some car magazines and testers said it was bumpy..? Very wrong here, this is very nice and smooth even on bumpy roads, which we have an abundance of. The only question I have is why Consumer Reports has positioned this in the Sports- SUV category? I can see the previous model being in this category, but this model seems misplaced here. It should be in the luxury-upscale,2-row seating SUV category. There are many other suv's that can be placed in the Sports-SUV category other than this model.This is a completely redesigned Suv from the previous model with greater power, interior room and comfort. Test drive one for yourself and you be the judge."

New car after 13 1/2 years

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun drive, great value, quick passing acceleration"

Cons: "small rear window"

"Been considering a new car for some time. I've had my 1999 4Runner for 13 1/2 years. Considered replacing it with the 2012 4Runner but it is taller and doesnt seem to corner and handle nearly as well as the RDX. Originally the MDX was on my list, but with the RDX being $10,000 less expensive, and better on gas mileage, I am very pleased with my choice. Had the new car almost 2 weeks now and loving it. Only quirk that can be annoying is having to unplug and replug in my Iphone on occassion because of technical glitches, but went back to dealer and they explained to me how to prevent those."

Awsome Crossover!

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Price+Standard features, Smart key, V6, MPG, Ride"

Cons: "Needs more random storage, and dealer options"

"I've had the RDX for about a month now and it was a great choice. I upgraded from my Acura 2004 RSX to the RDX. I've test driven the Audi Q5 and it does handle better, but I'm sure I wont need to pull G's while haulling stuff from Costco. The RDX is very comfortable to drive and the backup camara is great. If you are looking for a great crossover for a good price then the RDX is the best bet."

VCM Problems

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"Bought a 2014 RDX. After approximatley 500 miles noticed a major vibration. Took the unit into the dealership, and they informed us of a service bulletin that the drive shaft should be replaced to take care of the problem. Problem is still present after the replacement of the driveshaft. I then contacted Acura. After several days the Client Relationship Manager stated the following: -Dealer ran the vehicle without the VCM connected,and the vibration went away -Vibration is within tolerance -Nothing more that Acura can do -The Variable Cylinder Management is the cause of the vibration"

Disappointed fist time Acura owner

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Looks, performance, nav system, audio system,"

Cons: "Noise at high speed, and (VCM) vibration issue"

"I owned the 2014 RDX since June of this year. This is my first Acura and I loved the features and handling of the RDX. I chose the RDX because it cheaper and looks classier than the Q5 and X3. There had been a problem with vibration since mid November. This is the exact same vibration problem by reviewer "Disappointed So Far". I took it to the dealer and they've confirmed that the vibration is due to the (VCM) variable cylinder management system. When the system is engaged it caused vibration in the front end and you can feel it. The dealer told me Acura is working on a dampening system which won't be ready until February."

I really like this CUV it covered all my needs.

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Good value. Roomy and nice to drive."

Cons: "Passenger seat could use more adjustment"

"I picked up the 2014 RDX on MAY 22 2013. With only 62 miles on the odometer I headed north to Canada for a long weekend. It was raining when I left and it continued until I returned some 1200 miles later. The car performed flawlessly on rain soaked roads and high winds. It felt sure footed and composed under these extreme driving conditions. It averaged between 25.6 and 29.7 miles to the gallon. The RDX is quiet and very comfortable. The quality, fit and finish of the materials is very good. I traded in a Lincoln MKX that we had owned for several years. I love cars. Its my hobby. I read all of the reviews I could find. I looked at and tested several CUVs. Ford Escape, Volvo SC60, KIA, and Hyundai CUVs. Load them up with equipment and the prices add up quickly. I believe the quality and standard equipment on this vehicle makes it the best bang for the buck."

Excellent car, needs few details

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Highway gas milage, comfort and space."

Cons: "Voice commands, phone integration"

"This is an excellent car. If you are looking for a practical mid size SUV, this is the one. I think they left a few things intentionally to keep room for enhancements next year. I wish they added a few extra technology features like blind spot detection and lane departure warning (they are available in the new Accord). They are not that important but if you are paying premium price you would expect some features like those."

What a great CUV

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "V6 engine,tech features,quality feel."

"I did a lot of test driving before I decided on the RDX. I am extremely happy with my choice. You can feel quality car, from the first time you get in. Pound for pound, it takes out BMW,Volvo,Audi.It is at the top of Consumer Report in it's class."

We just got the 2013 RDX

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Best luxury Suv for around $40,000 or less"

Cons: "Could be sportier with a Turbo engine"

"Just bought the 2013 RDX AWD Tech Package yesterday and I have to say so far I am super impressed. We looked at the BMW X3 and Audi Q5. We did not look at the SRX, Infiniti EX, or Evoque because we don't like their shape. Both X3 and Q5 would have been $6000 to $9000 more expensive for similar features. I did not say exact, I said similar features. Sure the handling on both of those is SLIGHTLY better but RDX has a very comfortable, smooth, and yet sporty drive. The tech on RDX is user friendly and full of features. I am very happy with my decision to purchase the RDX and would highly recommend it to others. My take: If you're trying to stay at or under $40,000 go with the RDX. If you can spend $45,000 to $50,000 go with the MDX. If you can afford to spend $50,000 to $60,000 go with X5, Q7. If you can afford to spend $60,000 to $70,000 you can get a well equipped Porsche Cayenne."