2012 Acura RDX

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned

By on Sunday, July 08, 2007

"After 25 years of owning various makes and models of cars and SUV's, my wife and I upgraded to an Acura RDX and Acura TL. I drive the RDX and absolutely love it. The acceleration and handling is great both in the city and on the highway. Yes, the gas mileage could be better...18 city, 23 highway....but it is better than other SUV's I have owned and the luxury and performance more than make up for it. As to the navigation system...my wife and I now take long trips with no pre-defined destination. We totally rely on the system to help with restaurants, gas and hotels and every large city and small town is adequately covered. The voice recognition does make mistakes, but not so much to make it difficult to find what I am looking for. I enjoy driving the RDX very much and plan on enjoying it for many years to come."

Good deal

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"I've had my Tech for about a year. I beat it like it was a rental car and it has given me no problems whatsoever - not one squeak, rattle or even a burnt out bulb. I take the canyons to work daily so I spend a lot of time in the twisties. The SH_AWD is neat, but to be honest it is no match for sporty RWD tuned suspension....but I'm always happy when it rains. If I had to gripe it would be the finish materials used in the interior. There is a slightly cheap feel to them, I wish they would have copied the MDX a little more in this area. The Turbo lag is as minimal as you can get given it's limitations, I think it could use more horsepower. The stereo system is not really that good no matter how slick the marketing is, it lacks clear highs and bass. If you are going to complain about a turbocharged AWD SUV that takes premium gas "only" gets 16 MPG in the city, do yourself a favor and look at the Kia or Hyundai because this car is much more performance driver oriented. Dont fool yourself into thinking that's what you want if you dont want it or need it, the message boards are full of people complaining about these issues. There are a lot more of them on the road now. Last year they were not selling well so I was able to get a price close to invoice. I would not hesitate to recommend so long as you are not a "gas mileage whiner" ."

Reliable, Excellent-sporty drive SUV, Good value

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "Better build quality than 2013, fast & luxurious"

Cons: "Premium gas and frequent oil change"

"I bought this car new in mid-2011. Forced to trade in a 2006 TL since my transmission died! I was weary of another Acura, but they gave me such a great deal to compensate for my 06 TL dieing. Good to know Acura stands behind their product. For this car, I was initially disappointed that it did not have a stop/start ignition or a powerlift gate option, but am over that because at the end of the day,this car drives awesome and you get some cool features for what you pay! In my opinion, best luxury SUV in its class. (The 2013 has the stop/start and powerlift gate, but the build quality on the new one is cheap and makes this model sooo much better- new one has too much hollow plastic- who cares if its green, if you pay over 30K for a premium car/SUV, it should be good quality!) This SUV is fast, a sporty look and feel for an SUV, a great hauler (seats easily fold completely flat), leather quality is better than the 2013 and very reliable. Navigation system is just ok since it's not touch screen, but once you get use to the knob- which all cars are coming out with now (why? lol)- it's not that bad. I haven't had any major problems. Minor problems I had: replace window clip on driver side and a minor door latch mechanism that failed, but all covered under warranty. Gas/Maintainence: Premium only (worth it for the performance you get); Oil change every 3500 miles since I do alot of city driving in Los Angeles- due to turbo engine requiring synthetic oil only. - Should last longer, but this car truly depends on driving habits. I had an Audi before and it was the same thing, so this is not just Acura. Lexus RX350 or this car w/Tech Package: This car!!!Because for all the features you get, this car in a Lexus would be around $45K+ and Lexus charges $150-175 for an oil change (or more depending on which model you have and level of required service) which is almost double of what Acura charges. I have the Tech package and it's the only way to go since the non-tech packages of this car or any acura for that matter has a weird look and fee (i.e. Acuras that don't have navigation have cheap looking covers to hide the space where the tech stuff should be)"

I love my Acrua RDX!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"I really love to drive this thing! We looked at many other small SUVs before deciding on the RDX. We test-drove all kinds in all categories—from the X3 to the Rav4. I really enjoyed the performance and luxury of the Infiniti EX, but the cargo and passenger space is so crammed you might as well buy a sedan. The Rav4 and CRV are pretty mediocre, but great gas mileage. We kept coming back to the RDX. You really get a lot of bang for your buck with all the features. It is really fun to drive! The things about it that I love, others may not enjoy. The handling is incredible: drives like a sports sedan with better traction and SH-AWD. The others just couldn’t compare to the drive, but it isn’t for everyone. Make sure you really test drive, so you know what you are getting into! (premium gas, turbo, synthetic oil, etc) Maybe it’s just me, but the dashboard controls do not seem intuitive and the knobs are not very user-friendly—this is my first Acura and it took me awhile to figure out. Once you learn to use it, the Navigation is very helpful. The rear backup camera really helps in tight situations! The audio is great, best stock system I’ve heard, the heated seats are awesome, the dual a/c is a great feature, and the moonroof is nice to have. I really love the interior layout, comfy seats. Some complain that the center console only opens to the driver’s side, but that doesn’t bother me—the center console is really wide and deep—it can easily fit a laptop, ipad, purse, etc.—and it locks! This SUV is on the smaller side, but that’s why I love it. I don’t feel like I’m driving a boat, but I still get more cargo space than a standard sedan. Yes, the ride is rougher than you might expect from a “luxury” vehicle, but it’s not like you’re really thrashing around inside-- it’s just not super smooth. I experience a little turbo lag, but nothing to complain about. If you haven't driven a turbo before, this might be an adjustment. There isn’t much road noise, which is a nice plus. The gas mileage could be better, but that’s the trade-off of an SUV like this. I get 16-17 city in Los Angeles. If gas mileage is a huge a issue for you, go with the CRV. I wouldn't say this car is as luxurious as some of the top of the line SUVs. There is obvious evidence of Acura cheaping out in some areas--so I would say the Acura RDX fits comfortably between "Luxury SUV" and "Affordable SUV." If you want a smaller SUV that is somewhat "luxurious" yet practical and fun to drive, this is by far the best option! I would recommend and I would buy again, love it!"

Terrible Gas Milage/Nice Car!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

"If you are looking for a great value and an attractive vehicle, this is for you. If gas milage is an issue, this car is NOT for you. We purchased this beautiful vehicle and were under the impression it got 19 on city and 22 on hwy. We were also NEVER informed by our salesman that the minimum charge for an oil change is $90.00!!!! It requires special oil. The gas milage is 15 and 17. Not happy with this one!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura RDX near Honolulu. See local deals