• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Acura RDX

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Great Value

By on Thursday, May 24, 2007

"I was considering the BMW M3 and the Lexus RX 350 as alternatives to this car but in the end the value of the RDX beat the both. There's alot included in the price and if you opt for the tech package like I did you get the benefit of the nav, rear view camera and a feature that I find myself using more and more I try and get around the city is the voice recognition. All in all a great car although the turbo lag is noticable and the ride could be a bit better for a luxury vehicle. Other than that you can't go wrong with this car."

The RDX can take a hit

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

"Best vehicle I have ever owned. I was recently in an accident and was astonished at how well the RDX handled the impact. All three cars involved in the accident were totaled but the RDX was the only one that all the safety features worked properly. I left the accident with just a small red mark on my arm from the airbag. I've already purchased a 2012 RDX because I know my family will be safe should the unexpected happen again."

Fun, reliable and amazingly roomy little SUV

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, flexibility, fun"

Cons: "Acceleration, gas mileage, seat memory and control"

"Although the RDX is Acura's smaller SUV, I have found that it is impressively roomy in terms of what its cargo space will fit. I have put everything from concrete pavers to an 8-foot Christmas tree in the back of this vehicle with no problems...just put down the back seat and you are good to go. Gas mileage is not great (about 19mpg average in my experience) and acceleration is a bit jerky, but overall this little SUV is fun to drive. The nav system takes some getting used to, and like most other systems needs updating to keep it really useful. Stereo system sound quality is terrific when using CDs, not as great when using the satellite radio or external MP3 jack. Interior appointments are a little sparse for this quality vehicle, with the 2007 model lacking driver's side seat memory and push-button passenger side seat controls (these are manual), but the leather seats are comfortable. The RDX is a very reliable vehicle that has not needed any major repairs (and only one or two minor repairs) in the four years I've owned it."

Great Sport Ute

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "Price and standard options"

Cons: "Uneven power band"

"Turbo is great, power band/acceleration is uneven at times...otherwise a great car given the standard options and price vs. BMWX3"

Great Sporty SUV

By on Friday, April 08, 2011

"Bought the rdx after debating between bmw x3, audi Q5 and acura rdx. RDX gives the most value. Big enough to haul family when visiting. Otherwise happy to be in my g37x coupe. Its sporty, excellent handling in the snow thru all the new england storms this past winter. SH-AWD is amazing!! Ride is firm, but expected for a sporty SUV. Gas mileage not to great, but I have a heavy foot! Had it for a year now. Love the audio system although not better than the bose in my infiniti. Love the fact that i can play audio thru USB drive and stream music from pandora/itunes on my ipad or iphone via bluetooth!!"

Great Alternative to MDX

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"I drove my Acura CL3.0 until it hit 200K miles before moving up to a 4WD. I searched other manufacturers to get a lower price but found that Acura still offered the best value. All the bells and whistles are included. The only option is with or without the technology package. The car/truck is stylish and sophisticated. Superb handling in all weather conditions. The ride is a bit bumpier since I was used to the CL. Overall I absolutely love this car! It's a great alternative to the larger and pricier popular MDX."

CROSSOVER MUSCLE

By on Saturday, January 01, 2011

"First time I test drove a RDX; fell in love. I have mine since August and Soo glad I chose this. I actually love the new exterior/emblem of the acura flagship so no problem here for me. Pros: Standard amenities are off the top considering you will have to pay additional amongst its competitors. Sport handling/Acceleration and comfort is excellent. Roomy and ride is superb making it a comfortable long drive. Cons: gas Milege (if you have a heavy feet) avg. 19/23mpg (my rdx is the two wheel drive not the awd). Maintanance is good rating (full syntetic and needs 91' gas) If you want a crossover that will give you your money's worth; I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CAR."

By on Wednesday, July 07, 2010

"This vehicle is awesome. We've owned it for 2 years now and love it. Very reliable, we've had no service issues at all. Nice to be able to drive 5000 miles before oil change as it takes synthetic oil. Also, Acuras hold their value so well, we purchased it for 33,500 new and it could be traded in for 24,000 2 years later. Nicely sized for family of 4, good gas milege as well. The RDX is also fast if you need it to be since it has the Turbo engine. LOVE ACURA!"

2009 RDX

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

"What I like - reliability, quality, handling (especially in bad weather/snow), driver's seat comfort, ease of folding down back seats, cargo capacity, easy to read/nice looking gauges What I would change - prefer a 6 cyl to a 4 cyl/turbo, better fuel economy (I get about 19 overall), automatic liftgate, adjustable ride quality (sport/comfort) Overall I love it and would recommend to anyone"

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"We have a 2007 RDX and my family loves it we are getting an 09. Never any problem with it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura RDX near Honolulu. See local deals