2015 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,160 - $47,985.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/04/2016

10/8.5

7.4

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2014 - 2017 models.

7.6/10

Very much enjoy our new Acura MDX.

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun To Drive. Competitive Price. Acura Quality."

Cons: "Premium Gas Required"

"We very much enjoy our 2014 Acura MDX. It is the first Acura/Honda we have owned and so far we are pleased. It has a comfortable, quite ride and when desired can accelerate well and seams sporty to drive. The options and features of the base model vs. others that we looked at are superior and the overall cost was better. The interior is inviting and the seats are very supportive for longer trips. We have had occasions where we have used the third row for teenagers, and though probably not great for long trips, worked well when needed. With the third row folded there is plenty of cargo room. This week we received our first snow fall of the year, and the MDX (AWD)handled very well and felt secure in both driving and stopping. Fuel economy is good for this type of vehicle. So far we have had no mechanical issues and with Acura/Honda's reputation for quality, we don't anticipate problems in that regard. We are happy with our decision to buy this car."

Best Value in class for my needs

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Power, SH-AWD, acceleration, comfort"

Cons: "hard to use navigation system"

"I bought this to downsize from a Suburban now that the kids are grown. I wanted something that would still pull the boat, carry 7 people (on rare occasions), and had a spirited driving experience. I test drove competing SUV's by Mercedes Lexus, BMW, and Infinity and this came out on top because of the driving experience, acceleration, gas mileage, handling, size, towing capacity (5,000 lbs with AWD and towing package) and price point. I researched other options (Buick, Jeep, Mazda, Volvo, VW), but they didn't have everything I was looking for. After driving my MDX for 3 months, I am very happy with the decision. I highly recommend the SH-AWD and Tech package because it truly enhances the driving experience (I also added entertainment pkg). I think the Advanced package is mostly overkill, but if an extra 5K+ doesn't bother you, go for it. The car is quiet and handles about as close to a sports car as an SUV can get (SH-AWD does make a difference). The faults are commonly pointed out and I agree....driver seat adjustment may not work for short drivers and the NAV system interface is complicated. (these are the main reasons for 9's instead of 10's in my rating) Overall, I would still make the same purchase today and I have no regrets."

Best SUV I have ever owned or driven

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Amazing car, great price and value."

Cons: "None really."

"This is hands down the best midsize luxury I have owned or driven. I purchased this after test driving the BMW X5, Audi Q7, Q5, and the Lincoln MKX. The BMW is more of a performance vehicle, it handles the roads great and great driving experience, more expensive than the Acura. Great SUV not for me. The Audi Q7 was just to big and it rides big. Maybe its the long wheelbase but it just seem to big. It handles great and has a great driving experience but just too big for me. The Lincoln I like the least, I actually test drive the Ford Edge and liked it better than the Lincoln. The Audi Q5 is an exceptional car and I really had a hard time choosing between this SUV and the Acura. My wife loved the Acura slightly more than the Q5. It came down to size and we were not ready to downsize just yet. I really like the Q5. The MDX does everything well and for the right price. The 2014 is a dream to drive. It is super quiet, it handles bumps in the road perfectly. Great passing speed and acceleration. Every time I drive another car and get back into the MDX I am amazed on how great this car is. The touch screen that people complain about is very easy to use. I also have a 2006 BMW 550i and the idrive is very, very difficult to use and learn. The only people who can't learn to use this in the MDX don't own a computer, iPhone or any smart phone. I am 56 years old and the touch screen in the MDX is very simple to use. I took out a Lexus RX350 the other day and i still prefer the MDX. Every one has a preference but IMHO this has to be one of the best SUV on the planet."

PRICELESS! BEST VEHICLE W/ TREMENDOUS ADDED-VALUE

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Price, Luxury, User Friendly, Intuituve"

"Just brought home my new acura mdx 2014 for my darling wifey & she was blown away the moment she cast her eyes on it! I was torn apart between QX60(JX35) & this one but, when I added all the features which came with MDX it was not even close. I also compared the tech package features with BMW X5 & AUDI Q7 …& cost of the same went apx 60K+ …..Until today I didn't believe Acura could provide such luxury statement partly, because it's always priced so low compared to competition. All I can say this is my second best investment after my humble abode which we recently purchased. MUST BUY!!! NO BRAINER!!"

Pros are great - 3 or 4 big cons for me

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Safety, handling,comfort,blue tooth, safety camera"

Cons: "Gps inadequate, no spare tire, no power mirrors."

"Purchased a 2104 MDX w the technology pkg. First let me talk about the positives - beautiful, inside and out. Love the new headlight design. Love the lines of the car.Very quick response; comfortable, quiet. Like the rear view camera, blue tooth, blind spot alert. Memory seat. Pretty roomy, although the 3rd seat is pretty cramped. You can lay all the seats down flat, and that gives you a lot of cargo space. It has a small compartment in the back where you can "hide" some things, and they will stay out of sight, and not roll around in the back. Ok - Negatives: Because I'm a real estate broker, I def wanted my next car to have a good GPS system. This one is complicated and sub par. I would venture to say that 60% of the addresses I try to put in won't come up! even my own home address, and I live in an established neighborhood. I actually had to put in a different address on my street because it wouldn't give me the option of adding my own (only the letters or numbers that it has programmed as viable light up). I actually bring my iPad along because it's more accurate. (I spent a lot less on my iPad than the car!) when I spoke with the dealership to see if there was an update, they told me I had the latest one. Bummer. It does have voice activation - unfortunately it's like Siri - doesn't usually sync to what your asking for, so pretty worthless. Also - vehicle does not have power mirrors ( you have to get the tech AND entertainment pkg to receive that feature!) well - being that this was a $40k plus car, and pretty much power everything else, I just assumed that it would have power mirrors, so it wasn't even on my radar to ask or confirm prior to purchasing. Given our parking situation - this is something I used everyday on my old car. The other item I didn't realize is that there is no spare tire. Of course they have wonderful roadside assistance, and you can purchase a spare if you want one - but it is not included when you buy the car. It has some kind of air compressor/patch seal kit, with another book of instructions. I love the look of this car - I love the safety features, the handling, the comfort - but I am very disappointed in the cons that I've mentioned - so much so that had I known - I would not have purchased it. If those features aren't important to you - then you will enjoy the drive."