• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2015 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Fair Purchase Price for this car in your area.

Fair Purchase Price N/A

Invoice N/A
"What Others Paid" is based on the last 30 days within the U.S.

10/8.5

8.4

Based on 12 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.9/10
    9.9/10

This is the best car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "seats, lighting, fun to drive, comforable, space"

Cons: "navigation system, lack of second USB, text featur"

"I drove the car about 3 miles away from the dealership on the test drive and I was in love. I have been driving cars for 35 years and this is the nicest Honda product I have ever owned. I am a proud Honda/Acura buyer since 1993 and will never buy another brand of vehicle. Being a travel for work, I have driven many rental cars as well as some of my friends have had the upscale Audi Q7 and Denali Yukon's. This car is amazing, especially for hauling the family when the grand kids are in town"

Best SUV I have ever owned or driven

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Amazing car, great price and value."

Cons: "None really."

"This is hands down the best midsize luxury I have owned or driven. I purchased this after test driving the BMW X5, Audi Q7, Q5, and the Lincoln MKX. The BMW is more of a performance vehicle, it handles the roads great and great driving experience, more expensive than the Acura. Great SUV not for me. The Audi Q7 was just to big and it rides big. Maybe its the long wheelbase but it just seem to big. It handles great and has a great driving experience but just too big for me. The Lincoln I like the least, I actually test drive the Ford Edge and liked it better than the Lincoln. The Audi Q5 is an exceptional car and I really had a hard time choosing between this SUV and the Acura. My wife loved the Acura slightly more than the Q5. It came down to size and we were not ready to downsize just yet. I really like the Q5. The MDX does everything well and for the right price. The 2014 is a dream to drive. It is super quiet, it handles bumps in the road perfectly. Great passing speed and acceleration. Every time I drive another car and get back into the MDX I am amazed on how great this car is. The touch screen that people complain about is very easy to use. I also have a 2006 BMW 550i and the idrive is very, very difficult to use and learn. The only people who can't learn to use this in the MDX don't own a computer, iPhone or any smart phone. I am 56 years old and the touch screen in the MDX is very simple to use. I took out a Lexus RX350 the other day and i still prefer the MDX. Every one has a preference but IMHO this has to be one of the best SUV on the planet."

Good driving experience, design, and space

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Maneuverability, space, comfort, value"

Cons: "No front/rear sensors, no surround cameras"

"Evaluated Infinity QX60, Audi Q7, BMW X5 but the Acura MDX beat them all for value, handling, and size. Traded in my VW Beetle for more room and didn't loose on maneuverability. Need to be in Sport mode to get the right amount of pick-up when passing on the highway, but it doesn't seem to change the fuel economy much. No big blind spots and love the blind spot warning, lane departure warning, and brake warning. The dual display, touch screen and menus have not bothered me like other reviewers, but the new requirement that navigation and settings can't be changed while driving has driven my husband crazy when he is trying to help as a passenger. The only nit is that other cars had surround cameras and front and back sensors/warnings at comparable packaging. Needed to get the Advanced and pay about $6K more for that on the MDX (have the tech and entertainment package with SH-AWD). But, I find that it's been easy to see and park, so I don't miss it. (But still Jones for it since my husbands Audi Q5 has it and that does make things really easy). Overall, love my new MDX."

Comparative Value

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Tech Package, sound system and spacious cabin"

Cons: "No touch screen Nav, Adaptive CC should be incl."

"I strongly suggest that if you are in market for an SUV you test drive this vehicle. I've been doing my research for roughly six months. I've stacked it up against the Q60, Audi Q7,BMW 5, Mercedes 350 and Lexus RX - If you just want a status symbol for north of $55K be my guest. The MDX blends fuel economy, safety and other features into a well balanced package. It's not perfect, no vehicle is but for value for your dollar you can't beat it if your looking to buy a luxury badge."

Don't Recommend buying this car

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "easy access to third row , ke"

Cons: "no touchscreen or motion enabled navi"

"With almost $55000 value vehicle with out a motion enabled navi and no touch screen ? even with a passenger to control navigation ? Get out of here Annoying .. Not worth it."

Nav system issues

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "It will last forever if you do regular maintenance"

Cons: "nav screen not touch screen"

"I elected not to buy this car because of the changes in the nav system. I own the 2005 MDX and have 205,000 miles on it and love it. the nav screen is totally touch screen and I have tried the knob system in the 2014 and find it a kluge. I wish they had left it all touch screen. Other manufactures of lesser grade cars have all touch screen nav units. I would have bought this car in a second, had that not been the problem. I am in the real estate business and travel to many places each week only once so a flexible and easy to use nav screen is critical to my work and general riding enjoyment. i see others have complained about this as well but I think I am the only one who has declined to buy the car because of this issue. Acura, PLEASE go back to the old touch screen."

Best Value in class for my needs

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Power, SH-AWD, acceleration, comfort"

Cons: "hard to use navigation system"

"I bought this to downsize from a Suburban now that the kids are grown. I wanted something that would still pull the boat, carry 7 people (on rare occasions), and had a spirited driving experience. I test drove competing SUV's by Mercedes Lexus, BMW, and Infinity and this came out on top because of the driving experience, acceleration, gas mileage, handling, size, towing capacity (5,000 lbs with AWD and towing package) and price point. I researched other options (Buick, Jeep, Mazda, Volvo, VW), but they didn't have everything I was looking for. After driving my MDX for 3 months, I am very happy with the decision. I highly recommend the SH-AWD and Tech package because it truly enhances the driving experience (I also added entertainment pkg). I think the Advanced package is mostly overkill, but if an extra 5K+ doesn't bother you, go for it. The car is quiet and handles about as close to a sports car as an SUV can get (SH-AWD does make a difference). The faults are commonly pointed out and I agree....driver seat adjustment may not work for short drivers and the NAV system interface is complicated. (these are the main reasons for 9's instead of 10's in my rating) Overall, I would still make the same purchase today and I have no regrets."

Great value

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Value, comfortable, good ride, quiet"

Cons: "Interior controls, navigation system"

"As many of the previous reviews have mentioned, this vehicle offers quite a bit of features for the $$. My wife and I sold my beloved 2010 GTI for a family vehicle and tossed around between the Forester and the RDX before test driving the MDX and just fell in love with it. There are some downsides as the interior controls takes a little getting used to. Acura's decision to remove the numerous amount of buttons - while looks great when the car is shut off - doesn't work so well when trying to make simple adjustments (such as changing the seat warmers). The sub-menus to operate just about every single everyday-use features is a little annoying. The navigation is not very impressive. If it wasn't bundled with the tech package, I would continue to use Waze on my phone. Pandora is a nice feature, but when the car connects to my phone to access Pandora, running other applications (such as Waze on my phone) is near impossible. It's like all resources from the phone is used up to maintain the link with the car. But aside from these negatives (all pertaining to the infotainment system), it's really hard to find many faults with this vehicle. It's a relatively quiet cabin and very smooth. When necessary, it has enough power to maneuver around traffic. I LOVE the cargo space. When all of the seats folded down, it provides a flat surface, which I love! The cabin is nicely dampened, so phone calls via bluetooth while on the highway is not a challenge. The seats are plush and very comfortable and while it would have been smart to integrate some simple controls into the center console, the enormous compartments makes up for it. I also use the rubber-stripped surface to place my handheld devices while driving; it grips the device without having to put it away so it doesn't slide around. Spend the additional for the AWD (love the system!) The Wash DC area got a little bit of ice/sleet/snow and my wife and I had a blast shopping while majority of the people were taking shelter at their homes. What would I do to improve this car? [1] Wider tires (at least 255). Haven't taken this car on any long highway rides, but the ride quality at high speeds is something I miss from my GTI. The 245s are not terrible, but it's a luxury car; it should go a little above what's necessary. [2] Please fix the infotainment system. Just make it intuitive for drivers. Copy the Germans!"

Very much enjoy our new Acura MDX.

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun To Drive. Competitive Price. Acura Quality."

Cons: "Premium Gas Required"

"We very much enjoy our 2014 Acura MDX. It is the first Acura/Honda we have owned and so far we are pleased. It has a comfortable, quite ride and when desired can accelerate well and seams sporty to drive. The options and features of the base model vs. others that we looked at are superior and the overall cost was better. The interior is inviting and the seats are very supportive for longer trips. We have had occasions where we have used the third row for teenagers, and though probably not great for long trips, worked well when needed. With the third row folded there is plenty of cargo room. This week we received our first snow fall of the year, and the MDX (AWD)handled very well and felt secure in both driving and stopping. Fuel economy is good for this type of vehicle. So far we have had no mechanical issues and with Acura/Honda's reputation for quality, we don't anticipate problems in that regard. We are happy with our decision to buy this car."

PRICELESS! BEST VEHICLE W/ TREMENDOUS ADDED-VALUE

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Price, Luxury, User Friendly, Intuituve"

"Just brought home my new acura mdx 2014 for my darling wifey & she was blown away the moment she cast her eyes on it! I was torn apart between QX60(JX35) & this one but, when I added all the features which came with MDX it was not even close. I also compared the tech package features with BMW X5 & AUDI Q7 …& cost of the same went apx 60K+ …..Until today I didn't believe Acura could provide such luxury statement partly, because it's always priced so low compared to competition. All I can say this is my second best investment after my humble abode which we recently purchased. MUST BUY!!! NO BRAINER!!"

My Ideal luxury SUV

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "fuel economy, quiet and comfortable interior, IDS"

Cons: "Rear suspension noise, no fog lights"

"I had a 07 MDX and loved it. Acura really listened to 2nd generation owners and gave us the MDX we asked for. They did great with this vehicle. You do hear this clunking sound in the rear suspension when you drive over certain types of road imperfections, buy eventually you'll get use to it."

Best Honda ever

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "ride, quietness power handlig comfort"

Cons: "complex controls"

"I have owned 14 ACuras and Hondas through the years. I can confidently say this is the best Acura to date. It has only one "defect" a complicated audio/Navy system. Its not that its illogical but rather that it has so many capabilities and functions that setting everything up takes an evening or two, once that is surmounted it works great. Everything else on this vehicle is good to excellent, quietest Honda ever made, best Honda automatic transmission, excellent audio, powerful and superbly refined engine, excellent handling, smooth ride, good fuel economy, best headlights in the market, extraordinarily comfortable seats, improved interior space. Though the third row is still for kids, adults can not only fit in a pinch they can also climb back there without being a certified yogi! Without a doubt the benchmark of the midsize luxury SUV's."

See if you qualify for