• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2015 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,988 - $48,009.

10/8.5

8.3

Based on 15 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Falls short in too many areas

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "Basically, everything other than the gas mileage."

"I am rather disappointed in this vehicle, because the Acura brand is so well known for quality across the board. This vehicle seems very light weight and I feel every bump. The handling is poor.The transmission is complete mush, and engine power is not what it should be for this vehicle. Even the tires are rather narrow for a vehicle like this. The brakes are not adequate - at all!Visibility is poor. The seats have zero lateral support. The GPS is poor. The overall quality is, frankly, lacking. This is not even close to being an SUV, so I guess calling it a 'crossover suv' is almost reasonable. I willmention one good point - the gas mileage. To be honest, I should have taken a MUCH longer test drive in this vehicle. I have had many SUVs over the years and they were all far better than this. I have driven earlier model MDX's and they were better than this new model."

ok to good

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "back seat lot of room"

Cons: "ride not good feel every bump in road"

"handle good but ride not good you feel every thing would not buy again"

Pros are great - 3 or 4 big cons for me

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Safety, handling,comfort,blue tooth, safety camera"

Cons: "Gps inadequate, no spare tire, no power mirrors."

"Purchased a 2104 MDX w the technology pkg. First let me talk about the positives - beautiful, inside and out. Love the new headlight design. Love the lines of the car.Very quick response; comfortable, quiet. Like the rear view camera, blue tooth, blind spot alert. Memory seat. Pretty roomy, although the 3rd seat is pretty cramped. You can lay all the seats down flat, and that gives you a lot of cargo space. It has a small compartment in the back where you can "hide" some things, and they will stay out of sight, and not roll around in the back. Ok - Negatives: Because I'm a real estate broker, I def wanted my next car to have a good GPS system. This one is complicated and sub par. I would venture to say that 60% of the addresses I try to put in won't come up! even my own home address, and I live in an established neighborhood. I actually had to put in a different address on my street because it wouldn't give me the option of adding my own (only the letters or numbers that it has programmed as viable light up). I actually bring my iPad along because it's more accurate. (I spent a lot less on my iPad than the car!) when I spoke with the dealership to see if there was an update, they told me I had the latest one. Bummer. It does have voice activation - unfortunately it's like Siri - doesn't usually sync to what your asking for, so pretty worthless. Also - vehicle does not have power mirrors ( you have to get the tech AND entertainment pkg to receive that feature!) well - being that this was a $40k plus car, and pretty much power everything else, I just assumed that it would have power mirrors, so it wasn't even on my radar to ask or confirm prior to purchasing. Given our parking situation - this is something I used everyday on my old car. The other item I didn't realize is that there is no spare tire. Of course they have wonderful roadside assistance, and you can purchase a spare if you want one - but it is not included when you buy the car. It has some kind of air compressor/patch seal kit, with another book of instructions. I love the look of this car - I love the safety features, the handling, the comfort - but I am very disappointed in the cons that I've mentioned - so much so that had I known - I would not have purchased it. If those features aren't important to you - then you will enjoy the drive."

Best SUV in the market

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great price, comfortable, smooth driving,"

Cons: "None really"

"I really had some doubts before I purchased Acura MDX 2015. I test-drove X5 and Q7, but right after I drove MDX, I made my decision to purchase this vehicle. 1. It is super comfortable. Very spacious... 2. Comparing its competitors, you get more than what you pay for. 3. It is a great family car. Gas mileage is awesome and really comfortable for road trip. I really enjoy having this car."

This is the best car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "seats, lighting, fun to drive, comforable, space"

Cons: "navigation system, lack of second USB, text featur"

"I drove the car about 3 miles away from the dealership on the test drive and I was in love. I have been driving cars for 35 years and this is the nicest Honda product I have ever owned. I am a proud Honda/Acura buyer since 1993 and will never buy another brand of vehicle. Being a travel for work, I have driven many rental cars as well as some of my friends have had the upscale Audi Q7 and Denali Yukon's. This car is amazing, especially for hauling the family when the grand kids are in town"

Best SUV I have ever owned or driven

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Amazing car, great price and value."

Cons: "None really."

"This is hands down the best midsize luxury I have owned or driven. I purchased this after test driving the BMW X5, Audi Q7, Q5, and the Lincoln MKX. The BMW is more of a performance vehicle, it handles the roads great and great driving experience, more expensive than the Acura. Great SUV not for me. The Audi Q7 was just to big and it rides big. Maybe its the long wheelbase but it just seem to big. It handles great and has a great driving experience but just too big for me. The Lincoln I like the least, I actually test drive the Ford Edge and liked it better than the Lincoln. The Audi Q5 is an exceptional car and I really had a hard time choosing between this SUV and the Acura. My wife loved the Acura slightly more than the Q5. It came down to size and we were not ready to downsize just yet. I really like the Q5. The MDX does everything well and for the right price. The 2014 is a dream to drive. It is super quiet, it handles bumps in the road perfectly. Great passing speed and acceleration. Every time I drive another car and get back into the MDX I am amazed on how great this car is. The touch screen that people complain about is very easy to use. I also have a 2006 BMW 550i and the idrive is very, very difficult to use and learn. The only people who can't learn to use this in the MDX don't own a computer, iPhone or any smart phone. I am 56 years old and the touch screen in the MDX is very simple to use. I took out a Lexus RX350 the other day and i still prefer the MDX. Every one has a preference but IMHO this has to be one of the best SUV on the planet."

Good driving experience, design, and space

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Maneuverability, space, comfort, value"

Cons: "No front/rear sensors, no surround cameras"

"Evaluated Infinity QX60, Audi Q7, BMW X5 but the Acura MDX beat them all for value, handling, and size. Traded in my VW Beetle for more room and didn't loose on maneuverability. Need to be in Sport mode to get the right amount of pick-up when passing on the highway, but it doesn't seem to change the fuel economy much. No big blind spots and love the blind spot warning, lane departure warning, and brake warning. The dual display, touch screen and menus have not bothered me like other reviewers, but the new requirement that navigation and settings can't be changed while driving has driven my husband crazy when he is trying to help as a passenger. The only nit is that other cars had surround cameras and front and back sensors/warnings at comparable packaging. Needed to get the Advanced and pay about $6K more for that on the MDX (have the tech and entertainment package with SH-AWD). But, I find that it's been easy to see and park, so I don't miss it. (But still Jones for it since my husbands Audi Q5 has it and that does make things really easy). Overall, love my new MDX."

Comparative Value

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Tech Package, sound system and spacious cabin"

Cons: "No touch screen Nav, Adaptive CC should be incl."

"I strongly suggest that if you are in market for an SUV you test drive this vehicle. I've been doing my research for roughly six months. I've stacked it up against the Q60, Audi Q7,BMW 5, Mercedes 350 and Lexus RX - If you just want a status symbol for north of $55K be my guest. The MDX blends fuel economy, safety and other features into a well balanced package. It's not perfect, no vehicle is but for value for your dollar you can't beat it if your looking to buy a luxury badge."

Nav system issues

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "It will last forever if you do regular maintenance"

Cons: "nav screen not touch screen"

"I elected not to buy this car because of the changes in the nav system. I own the 2005 MDX and have 205,000 miles on it and love it. the nav screen is totally touch screen and I have tried the knob system in the 2014 and find it a kluge. I wish they had left it all touch screen. Other manufactures of lesser grade cars have all touch screen nav units. I would have bought this car in a second, had that not been the problem. I am in the real estate business and travel to many places each week only once so a flexible and easy to use nav screen is critical to my work and general riding enjoyment. i see others have complained about this as well but I think I am the only one who has declined to buy the car because of this issue. Acura, PLEASE go back to the old touch screen."

Best Value in class for my needs

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Power, SH-AWD, acceleration, comfort"

Cons: "hard to use navigation system"

"I bought this to downsize from a Suburban now that the kids are grown. I wanted something that would still pull the boat, carry 7 people (on rare occasions), and had a spirited driving experience. I test drove competing SUV's by Mercedes Lexus, BMW, and Infinity and this came out on top because of the driving experience, acceleration, gas mileage, handling, size, towing capacity (5,000 lbs with AWD and towing package) and price point. I researched other options (Buick, Jeep, Mazda, Volvo, VW), but they didn't have everything I was looking for. After driving my MDX for 3 months, I am very happy with the decision. I highly recommend the SH-AWD and Tech package because it truly enhances the driving experience (I also added entertainment pkg). I think the Advanced package is mostly overkill, but if an extra 5K+ doesn't bother you, go for it. The car is quiet and handles about as close to a sports car as an SUV can get (SH-AWD does make a difference). The faults are commonly pointed out and I agree....driver seat adjustment may not work for short drivers and the NAV system interface is complicated. (these are the main reasons for 9's instead of 10's in my rating) Overall, I would still make the same purchase today and I have no regrets."