• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2015 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,679 - $46,994.

10/8.5

7.6

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

7.6/10

2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD is BEAUTY WITH BRAINS..

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Pros: "Features, fun to drive, aerodynamic look Headlight"

Cons: "Infotainment screen takes time to get used to.."

"This is my first Acura MDX.me and my family loves it....I had researched few other luxury SUVs before buying especially Audi Q7, Infinity QX60 and BMW X5...Trust me after thorough research and test driving all, MDX is simply value for money....It drives so elegantly, really fun to ride in it...The interior and exterior luxurious features combo makes it best in the class for the price. I went for SH-AWD which is simply awesome in handling curves and all weather types from my experience of driving in rain. I bough Advance and Entertainment packages which has everything you can ever think of regarding safety, technology and luxury....Looking forward to many many years of superb driving experience in this ultra good 2016 MDX..."

Best Honda ever

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "ride, quietness power handlig comfort"

Cons: "complex controls"

"I have owned 14 ACuras and Hondas through the years. I can confidently say this is the best Acura to date. It has only one "defect" a complicated audio/Navy system. Its not that its illogical but rather that it has so many capabilities and functions that setting everything up takes an evening or two, once that is surmounted it works great. Everything else on this vehicle is good to excellent, quietest Honda ever made, best Honda automatic transmission, excellent audio, powerful and superbly refined engine, excellent handling, smooth ride, good fuel economy, best headlights in the market, extraordinarily comfortable seats, improved interior space. Though the third row is still for kids, adults can not only fit in a pinch they can also climb back there without being a certified yogi! Without a doubt the benchmark of the midsize luxury SUV's."

Comparative Value

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Tech Package, sound system and spacious cabin"

Cons: "No touch screen Nav, Adaptive CC should be incl."

"I strongly suggest that if you are in market for an SUV you test drive this vehicle. I've been doing my research for roughly six months. I've stacked it up against the Q60, Audi Q7,BMW 5, Mercedes 350 and Lexus RX - If you just want a status symbol for north of $55K be my guest. The MDX blends fuel economy, safety and other features into a well balanced package. It's not perfect, no vehicle is but for value for your dollar you can't beat it if your looking to buy a luxury badge."

Great value

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Value, comfortable, good ride, quiet"

Cons: "Interior controls, navigation system"

"As many of the previous reviews have mentioned, this vehicle offers quite a bit of features for the $$. My wife and I sold my beloved 2010 GTI for a family vehicle and tossed around between the Forester and the RDX before test driving the MDX and just fell in love with it. There are some downsides as the interior controls takes a little getting used to. Acura's decision to remove the numerous amount of buttons - while looks great when the car is shut off - doesn't work so well when trying to make simple adjustments (such as changing the seat warmers). The sub-menus to operate just about every single everyday-use features is a little annoying. The navigation is not very impressive. If it wasn't bundled with the tech package, I would continue to use Waze on my phone. Pandora is a nice feature, but when the car connects to my phone to access Pandora, running other applications (such as Waze on my phone) is near impossible. It's like all resources from the phone is used up to maintain the link with the car. But aside from these negatives (all pertaining to the infotainment system), it's really hard to find many faults with this vehicle. It's a relatively quiet cabin and very smooth. When necessary, it has enough power to maneuver around traffic. I LOVE the cargo space. When all of the seats folded down, it provides a flat surface, which I love! The cabin is nicely dampened, so phone calls via bluetooth while on the highway is not a challenge. The seats are plush and very comfortable and while it would have been smart to integrate some simple controls into the center console, the enormous compartments makes up for it. I also use the rubber-stripped surface to place my handheld devices while driving; it grips the device without having to put it away so it doesn't slide around. Spend the additional for the AWD (love the system!) The Wash DC area got a little bit of ice/sleet/snow and my wife and I had a blast shopping while majority of the people were taking shelter at their homes. What would I do to improve this car? [1] Wider tires (at least 255). Haven't taken this car on any long highway rides, but the ride quality at high speeds is something I miss from my GTI. The 245s are not terrible, but it's a luxury car; it should go a little above what's necessary. [2] Please fix the infotainment system. Just make it intuitive for drivers. Copy the Germans!"

My Ideal luxury SUV

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "fuel economy, quiet and comfortable interior, IDS"

Cons: "Rear suspension noise, no fog lights"

"I had a 07 MDX and loved it. Acura really listened to 2nd generation owners and gave us the MDX we asked for. They did great with this vehicle. You do hear this clunking sound in the rear suspension when you drive over certain types of road imperfections, buy eventually you'll get use to it."