2014 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $38,528 - $40,108.

10/8.6

7.6

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD is BEAUTY WITH BRAINS..

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Pros: "Features, fun to drive, aerodynamic look Headlight"

Cons: "Infotainment screen takes time to get used to.."

"This is my first Acura MDX.me and my family loves it....I had researched few other luxury SUVs before buying especially Audi Q7, Infinity QX60 and BMW X5...Trust me after thorough research and test driving all, MDX is simply value for money....It drives so elegantly, really fun to ride in it...The interior and exterior luxurious features combo makes it best in the class for the price. I went for SH-AWD which is simply awesome in handling curves and all weather types from my experience of driving in rain. I bough Advance and Entertainment packages which has everything you can ever think of regarding safety, technology and luxury....Looking forward to many many years of superb driving experience in this ultra good 2016 MDX..."

Best Honda ever

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "ride, quietness power handlig comfort"

Cons: "complex controls"

"I have owned 14 ACuras and Hondas through the years. I can confidently say this is the best Acura to date. It has only one "defect" a complicated audio/Navy system. Its not that its illogical but rather that it has so many capabilities and functions that setting everything up takes an evening or two, once that is surmounted it works great. Everything else on this vehicle is good to excellent, quietest Honda ever made, best Honda automatic transmission, excellent audio, powerful and superbly refined engine, excellent handling, smooth ride, good fuel economy, best headlights in the market, extraordinarily comfortable seats, improved interior space. Though the third row is still for kids, adults can not only fit in a pinch they can also climb back there without being a certified yogi! Without a doubt the benchmark of the midsize luxury SUV's."

Comparative Value

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Tech Package, sound system and spacious cabin"

Cons: "No touch screen Nav, Adaptive CC should be incl."

"I strongly suggest that if you are in market for an SUV you test drive this vehicle. I've been doing my research for roughly six months. I've stacked it up against the Q60, Audi Q7,BMW 5, Mercedes 350 and Lexus RX - If you just want a status symbol for north of $55K be my guest. The MDX blends fuel economy, safety and other features into a well balanced package. It's not perfect, no vehicle is but for value for your dollar you can't beat it if your looking to buy a luxury badge."

My Ideal luxury SUV

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "fuel economy, quiet and comfortable interior, IDS"

Cons: "Rear suspension noise, no fog lights"

"I had a 07 MDX and loved it. Acura really listened to 2nd generation owners and gave us the MDX we asked for. They did great with this vehicle. You do hear this clunking sound in the rear suspension when you drive over certain types of road imperfections, buy eventually you'll get use to it."

Best Value in class for my needs

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Power, SH-AWD, acceleration, comfort"

Cons: "hard to use navigation system"

"I bought this to downsize from a Suburban now that the kids are grown. I wanted something that would still pull the boat, carry 7 people (on rare occasions), and had a spirited driving experience. I test drove competing SUV's by Mercedes Lexus, BMW, and Infinity and this came out on top because of the driving experience, acceleration, gas mileage, handling, size, towing capacity (5,000 lbs with AWD and towing package) and price point. I researched other options (Buick, Jeep, Mazda, Volvo, VW), but they didn't have everything I was looking for. After driving my MDX for 3 months, I am very happy with the decision. I highly recommend the SH-AWD and Tech package because it truly enhances the driving experience (I also added entertainment pkg). I think the Advanced package is mostly overkill, but if an extra 5K+ doesn't bother you, go for it. The car is quiet and handles about as close to a sports car as an SUV can get (SH-AWD does make a difference). The faults are commonly pointed out and I agree....driver seat adjustment may not work for short drivers and the NAV system interface is complicated. (these are the main reasons for 9's instead of 10's in my rating) Overall, I would still make the same purchase today and I have no regrets."