• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $43,827 - $45,525.

10/8.6

7.8

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Best Honda ever

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "ride, quietness power handlig comfort"

Cons: "complex controls"

"I have owned 14 ACuras and Hondas through the years. I can confidently say this is the best Acura to date. It has only one "defect" a complicated audio/Navy system. Its not that its illogical but rather that it has so many capabilities and functions that setting everything up takes an evening or two, once that is surmounted it works great. Everything else on this vehicle is good to excellent, quietest Honda ever made, best Honda automatic transmission, excellent audio, powerful and superbly refined engine, excellent handling, smooth ride, good fuel economy, best headlights in the market, extraordinarily comfortable seats, improved interior space. Though the third row is still for kids, adults can not only fit in a pinch they can also climb back there without being a certified yogi! Without a doubt the benchmark of the midsize luxury SUV's."

Very much enjoy our new Acura MDX.

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun To Drive. Competitive Price. Acura Quality."

Cons: "Premium Gas Required"

"We very much enjoy our 2014 Acura MDX. It is the first Acura/Honda we have owned and so far we are pleased. It has a comfortable, quite ride and when desired can accelerate well and seams sporty to drive. The options and features of the base model vs. others that we looked at are superior and the overall cost was better. The interior is inviting and the seats are very supportive for longer trips. We have had occasions where we have used the third row for teenagers, and though probably not great for long trips, worked well when needed. With the third row folded there is plenty of cargo room. This week we received our first snow fall of the year, and the MDX (AWD)handled very well and felt secure in both driving and stopping. Fuel economy is good for this type of vehicle. So far we have had no mechanical issues and with Acura/Honda's reputation for quality, we don't anticipate problems in that regard. We are happy with our decision to buy this car."

Best Value in class for my needs

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Power, SH-AWD, acceleration, comfort"

Cons: "hard to use navigation system"

"I bought this to downsize from a Suburban now that the kids are grown. I wanted something that would still pull the boat, carry 7 people (on rare occasions), and had a spirited driving experience. I test drove competing SUV's by Mercedes Lexus, BMW, and Infinity and this came out on top because of the driving experience, acceleration, gas mileage, handling, size, towing capacity (5,000 lbs with AWD and towing package) and price point. I researched other options (Buick, Jeep, Mazda, Volvo, VW), but they didn't have everything I was looking for. After driving my MDX for 3 months, I am very happy with the decision. I highly recommend the SH-AWD and Tech package because it truly enhances the driving experience (I also added entertainment pkg). I think the Advanced package is mostly overkill, but if an extra 5K+ doesn't bother you, go for it. The car is quiet and handles about as close to a sports car as an SUV can get (SH-AWD does make a difference). The faults are commonly pointed out and I agree....driver seat adjustment may not work for short drivers and the NAV system interface is complicated. (these are the main reasons for 9's instead of 10's in my rating) Overall, I would still make the same purchase today and I have no regrets."

PRICELESS! BEST VEHICLE W/ TREMENDOUS ADDED-VALUE

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Price, Luxury, User Friendly, Intuituve"

"Just brought home my new acura mdx 2014 for my darling wifey & she was blown away the moment she cast her eyes on it! I was torn apart between QX60(JX35) & this one but, when I added all the features which came with MDX it was not even close. I also compared the tech package features with BMW X5 & AUDI Q7 …& cost of the same went apx 60K+ …..Until today I didn't believe Acura could provide such luxury statement partly, because it's always priced so low compared to competition. All I can say this is my second best investment after my humble abode which we recently purchased. MUST BUY!!! NO BRAINER!!"

Poor Quality

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Creature comforts"

Cons: "Quality that is far from Acura standards."

"I have owned 5 previous MDXs. I purchased expecting the same quality. What a disappointment. Car has been back to the dealer five times in the first 2,000 miles (it has had $4,500 of factory parts and labor to date). They finally had to contact Acura to find out the main computer processor is a problem. It was replaced and now there are only intermittent problems. Safety features go off for no reason. Bluetooth is sporadic. In any turning situation combined with braking the suspension creaks and groans. There is considerable transmission noise and awkward premature or delayed shifts. The consolation is that on the highway it is an extremely comfortable road vehicle. Creature comforts are excellent."