• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $51,437 - $52,834.

10/8.6

8.3

Based on 11 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.9/10
    9.9/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Best SUV I have ever owned or driven

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Amazing car, great price and value."

Cons: "None really."

"This is hands down the best midsize luxury I have owned or driven. I purchased this after test driving the BMW X5, Audi Q7, Q5, and the Lincoln MKX. The BMW is more of a performance vehicle, it handles the roads great and great driving experience, more expensive than the Acura. Great SUV not for me. The Audi Q7 was just to big and it rides big. Maybe its the long wheelbase but it just seem to big. It handles great and has a great driving experience but just too big for me. The Lincoln I like the least, I actually test drive the Ford Edge and liked it better than the Lincoln. The Audi Q5 is an exceptional car and I really had a hard time choosing between this SUV and the Acura. My wife loved the Acura slightly more than the Q5. It came down to size and we were not ready to downsize just yet. I really like the Q5. The MDX does everything well and for the right price. The 2014 is a dream to drive. It is super quiet, it handles bumps in the road perfectly. Great passing speed and acceleration. Every time I drive another car and get back into the MDX I am amazed on how great this car is. The touch screen that people complain about is very easy to use. I also have a 2006 BMW 550i and the idrive is very, very difficult to use and learn. The only people who can't learn to use this in the MDX don't own a computer, iPhone or any smart phone. I am 56 years old and the touch screen in the MDX is very simple to use. I took out a Lexus RX350 the other day and i still prefer the MDX. Every one has a preference but IMHO this has to be one of the best SUV on the planet."

Good driving experience, design, and space

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Maneuverability, space, comfort, value"

Cons: "No front/rear sensors, no surround cameras"

"Evaluated Infinity QX60, Audi Q7, BMW X5 but the Acura MDX beat them all for value, handling, and size. Traded in my VW Beetle for more room and didn't loose on maneuverability. Need to be in Sport mode to get the right amount of pick-up when passing on the highway, but it doesn't seem to change the fuel economy much. No big blind spots and love the blind spot warning, lane departure warning, and brake warning. The dual display, touch screen and menus have not bothered me like other reviewers, but the new requirement that navigation and settings can't be changed while driving has driven my husband crazy when he is trying to help as a passenger. The only nit is that other cars had surround cameras and front and back sensors/warnings at comparable packaging. Needed to get the Advanced and pay about $6K more for that on the MDX (have the tech and entertainment package with SH-AWD). But, I find that it's been easy to see and park, so I don't miss it. (But still Jones for it since my husbands Audi Q5 has it and that does make things really easy). Overall, love my new MDX."

Comparative Value

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Tech Package, sound system and spacious cabin"

Cons: "No touch screen Nav, Adaptive CC should be incl."

"I strongly suggest that if you are in market for an SUV you test drive this vehicle. I've been doing my research for roughly six months. I've stacked it up against the Q60, Audi Q7,BMW 5, Mercedes 350 and Lexus RX - If you just want a status symbol for north of $55K be my guest. The MDX blends fuel economy, safety and other features into a well balanced package. It's not perfect, no vehicle is but for value for your dollar you can't beat it if your looking to buy a luxury badge."

Don't Recommend buying this car

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "easy access to third row , ke"

Cons: "no touchscreen or motion enabled navi"

"With almost $55000 value vehicle with out a motion enabled navi and no touch screen ? even with a passenger to control navigation ? Get out of here Annoying .. Not worth it."

Nav system issues

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "It will last forever if you do regular maintenance"

Cons: "nav screen not touch screen"

"I elected not to buy this car because of the changes in the nav system. I own the 2005 MDX and have 205,000 miles on it and love it. the nav screen is totally touch screen and I have tried the knob system in the 2014 and find it a kluge. I wish they had left it all touch screen. Other manufactures of lesser grade cars have all touch screen nav units. I would have bought this car in a second, had that not been the problem. I am in the real estate business and travel to many places each week only once so a flexible and easy to use nav screen is critical to my work and general riding enjoyment. i see others have complained about this as well but I think I am the only one who has declined to buy the car because of this issue. Acura, PLEASE go back to the old touch screen."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next