• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,401 - $42,542.

10/8.6

8.1

Based on 16 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Very Disappointed

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable 8 way seats...that's it"

Cons: "too many to list"

"I only had the vehicle a few weeks before the computer began going haywire. Service reset it and told me that a computer update was on the way. Today I got the update notice and it is only for the nav, radio and phone!?? The headlights Blind all oncoming traffic so if you love being flashed by every oncoming car...this one is for you. The voice commands were obviously programmed by an non-English speaking person as they are not intuitive at all. The computer repeats needless phrases to you on startup like the name of the first person on your phone list. Buyer's Remorse on this vehicle for sure. Very disappointed with Acura! I owned a Honda and thought this would be a step up. It is a step down in quality and a step up in price! I wish I could get out of this lease without losing a bundle of cash but that is not in the case."

Falls short in too many areas

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "Basically, everything other than the gas mileage."

"I am rather disappointed in this vehicle, because the Acura brand is so well known for quality across the board. This vehicle seems very light weight and I feel every bump. The handling is poor.The transmission is complete mush, and engine power is not what it should be for this vehicle. Even the tires are rather narrow for a vehicle like this. The brakes are not adequate - at all!Visibility is poor. The seats have zero lateral support. The GPS is poor. The overall quality is, frankly, lacking. This is not even close to being an SUV, so I guess calling it a 'crossover suv' is almost reasonable. I willmention one good point - the gas mileage. To be honest, I should have taken a MUCH longer test drive in this vehicle. I have had many SUVs over the years and they were all far better than this. I have driven earlier model MDX's and they were better than this new model."

ok to good

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "back seat lot of room"

Cons: "ride not good feel every bump in road"

"handle good but ride not good you feel every thing would not buy again"

Pros are great - 3 or 4 big cons for me

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Safety, handling,comfort,blue tooth, safety camera"

Cons: "Gps inadequate, no spare tire, no power mirrors."

"Purchased a 2104 MDX w the technology pkg. First let me talk about the positives - beautiful, inside and out. Love the new headlight design. Love the lines of the car.Very quick response; comfortable, quiet. Like the rear view camera, blue tooth, blind spot alert. Memory seat. Pretty roomy, although the 3rd seat is pretty cramped. You can lay all the seats down flat, and that gives you a lot of cargo space. It has a small compartment in the back where you can "hide" some things, and they will stay out of sight, and not roll around in the back. Ok - Negatives: Because I'm a real estate broker, I def wanted my next car to have a good GPS system. This one is complicated and sub par. I would venture to say that 60% of the addresses I try to put in won't come up! even my own home address, and I live in an established neighborhood. I actually had to put in a different address on my street because it wouldn't give me the option of adding my own (only the letters or numbers that it has programmed as viable light up). I actually bring my iPad along because it's more accurate. (I spent a lot less on my iPad than the car!) when I spoke with the dealership to see if there was an update, they told me I had the latest one. Bummer. It does have voice activation - unfortunately it's like Siri - doesn't usually sync to what your asking for, so pretty worthless. Also - vehicle does not have power mirrors ( you have to get the tech AND entertainment pkg to receive that feature!) well - being that this was a $40k plus car, and pretty much power everything else, I just assumed that it would have power mirrors, so it wasn't even on my radar to ask or confirm prior to purchasing. Given our parking situation - this is something I used everyday on my old car. The other item I didn't realize is that there is no spare tire. Of course they have wonderful roadside assistance, and you can purchase a spare if you want one - but it is not included when you buy the car. It has some kind of air compressor/patch seal kit, with another book of instructions. I love the look of this car - I love the safety features, the handling, the comfort - but I am very disappointed in the cons that I've mentioned - so much so that had I known - I would not have purchased it. If those features aren't important to you - then you will enjoy the drive."

Best SUV in the market

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great price, comfortable, smooth driving,"

Cons: "None really"

"I really had some doubts before I purchased Acura MDX 2015. I test-drove X5 and Q7, but right after I drove MDX, I made my decision to purchase this vehicle. 1. It is super comfortable. Very spacious... 2. Comparing its competitors, you get more than what you pay for. 3. It is a great family car. Gas mileage is awesome and really comfortable for road trip. I really enjoy having this car."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next