2014 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $39,242 - $40,500.

10/8.6

8.1

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Build Quality is Horrible

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Cons: "Horrible build quality."

"I also own 2011 MDX that I like but since I needed another SUV, I bought 2014 MDX. I noticed the new car's build quality deteriorated compared to 2011 model. I always have to open and close doors at least twice (after I greased all the hinges, it got a little better), constant squeaks from the wheel areas, and most of all, terrible grinding noise when accelerating, either gently or fast. I took the car to a dealer but they simply deny that the rattles and the grinding noise even exist. I also have a hard time in adjusting my driver seat to a comfortable position. I am 5' 7" but comfortable seat adjustment is impossible. Rear view camera is mostly useless because it is located where rain and all the dirts prevent clear view. Navigation is not intuitive, either. Rain sensing wipers act weirdly and I never use it. Only good sides are a little briskier engine performance and a slightly better gas mileage than 2011 model. I am so much disappointed in Acura and will never buy Acura again."

I would buy this car again.

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Responsiveness, all around quality, inside and out"

Cons: "Wished it cost a little less."

"I have owned over 80 cars, trucks and RVs thus far. I would rate the MDX in the top 3. Great handling, well appointed interior, highway gas mileage in the upper 20's, and a very responsive 290 HP engine. When I get around to updating my book, "Forty Cars That Owned Me," the MDX will get star billing. And this vehicle is assembled in the USA!"

Best all-around SUV in it's class

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "safe, reliable, fuel efficient,ideal for families"

Cons: "smaller third row, learning curve for DASH screen"

"I have a 2014 base model with AWD Could not have been happier. Test drove X5, RX350, Q7. The MDX gets high marks in every category. The fuel efficiency is excellent. I get 27-28 MPG on highway. The SH-AWD is top notch and the engine has good power. We feel safe and controlled in even the worst weather Michigan has to offer. The seats are incredibly comfortable. The car syncs with our iphones so we did not get the Tech package. The rear camera does the job. Did not want the bells and whistles that the higher trim/other SUVS may offer."

Very Disappointed

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable 8 way seats...that's it"

Cons: "too many to list"

"I only had the vehicle a few weeks before the computer began going haywire. Service reset it and told me that a computer update was on the way. Today I got the update notice and it is only for the nav, radio and phone!?? The headlights Blind all oncoming traffic so if you love being flashed by every oncoming car...this one is for you. The voice commands were obviously programmed by an non-English speaking person as they are not intuitive at all. The computer repeats needless phrases to you on startup like the name of the first person on your phone list. Buyer's Remorse on this vehicle for sure. Very disappointed with Acura! I owned a Honda and thought this would be a step up. It is a step down in quality and a step up in price! I wish I could get out of this lease without losing a bundle of cash but that is not in the case."

Falls short in too many areas

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "Basically, everything other than the gas mileage."

"I am rather disappointed in this vehicle, because the Acura brand is so well known for quality across the board. This vehicle seems very light weight and I feel every bump. The handling is poor.The transmission is complete mush, and engine power is not what it should be for this vehicle. Even the tires are rather narrow for a vehicle like this. The brakes are not adequate - at all!Visibility is poor. The seats have zero lateral support. The GPS is poor. The overall quality is, frankly, lacking. This is not even close to being an SUV, so I guess calling it a 'crossover suv' is almost reasonable. I willmention one good point - the gas mileage. To be honest, I should have taken a MUCH longer test drive in this vehicle. I have had many SUVs over the years and they were all far better than this. I have driven earlier model MDX's and they were better than this new model."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next