2014 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $39,209 - $40,337.

10/8.6

8.1

Based on 24 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Almost perfect, but has some flaws

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pros: "Relaible, Good Looking, Fun"

Cons: "EXtremely choppy ride, feels very heavy"

"2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech Package Things I like: - Extremely comfortable Seats and Hand rest - Looks amazing, almost better than any other crossovers out there - Touch Screen Display - Amazing headlights, almost lights up the whole road - Perfect Height Things I don't Like: - The climate settings are very hard to get to via the touch screen interface - Steering Wheel is too thick and heavy - Fog lights are not standard - Audio system is not up to par, would like some more power out of it - All season tires are not ideal for snow - Extremely choppy ride Things I would like to see in the next model: - Overhead display - More Power - Stop and Start Technology - More Gears - Buttons for AC Fan and temperature control for easy access - Faster and better looking Multimedia Interface - Thinner, Smaller and more powerful Steering Wheel - Softer Suspension - Third row seat AC Vents - Standard Adaptive Cruise Control - Differential control for AWD locking"

Entire touch screen system totally a mess!

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "Fine vehicle for its utility and price point"

Cons: "Computer entry very non-intuitive"

"Not a very exciting vehicle to drive. I sold two vehicles and tried to combine them into one...ie a puckup and a convertible. My choice was a SUV that had some room to carry/haul some things yet was fun and practical to drive. Vehicle is fine and delivers most of my wants. My other vehicle is a Ford Taurus SHO and the computer system and GPS are very intuitive. Not so with the MDX. I've had the MDX 7 months now and still am guessing at how to do things with the touch screen usually unsuccessfully and if successful have tried manny, many entries that I forgot how I got to my goal. My wife riding in the passenger seat with the instruction book open is usually no more successful. One objection to the tech package is that it does not include radar driven cruise control that the Ford has. Acura wants the $5k entertainment package to get this! Also you cannot enter an address while the vehicle is moving as a safety issue, fine but how complicated would it be to detect a passenger and let them enter a destination while in motion?"

My second MDX loved the first and love the second

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "Great in the mountians of NC and the open road"

Cons: "a little tech for me but OK"

"This is my second MDX and have enjoyed driving and owning an Acura, it fits with my life style and can handle 4 golfer and their clubs. This size SUV is the only one I know of that can accomplish this in confort, and I also own a Grand Cherokee and no can do."

Disappointed with the 2014 MDX

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

"I have previously owned a 2004 and a 2009 MDX and was satisfied with both. Based on the previous years, I purchased a 2014 MDX without hesitation. My three major complaints are the ride, the voice command system for the phone book and engine noise. The voice recognition for the stored phone numbers is worthless. I only use the short-cuts which are very handy. As a comparrison, my 2012 Dodge Challenger's phone voice recognition system is excellent. The most bothersome issue is the ride. It is the hardest, bumpiest suspension I have experienced since my 1972 VW Bug. I had a pickup truck that rode smoother that this MDX. You feel every crack in the roadway. On a smooth roadway, the MDX is more quiet than any previous years. The engine has a loud ticking at idle. I would not buy a MDX again without a test drive and a thorough inspection of all systems."

One of the best

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable seats, secure, roomy"

Cons: "navigation sytem and controls need improvemnt"

Pickup at the dealer

"The 2015 Acura MDX is our 10th Acura/Honda vehicle since 1996. Yes, we have owned other vehicles during this time including the 2013 Audi Q5 we traded for the MDX. The 2015 is our second MDX and we still have our 2003 model. The '15 model has been much improved over the years with many technical advances and creature comforts. My favorites include the lane keeping assistance and adaptive cruise control with slow speed follow. This version very fun to drive and is more solid and sure-footed on the road than any other car I have owned in recent years. The fit and finish are exceptional. The MDX is a very tight vehicle and I find myself having to close the door a second time to completely latch it. (others have complained about his issue) The navigation system and controls still need some tweaking. Compared to other vehicles these item often require too many unnecessary steps to complete the task. The improvements in the latest model are all for the better. A solid, extremely quiet at all speeds, sure-footed, well-balanced handling vehicle that is responsive, and attractive in a timeless way that Acura is known for. If this MDX goes the distance of our 2003 with almost 200k miles, it will be normal for Acura."

Pickup at the dealer