• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2013 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $39,065 - $40,978.

10/7.7

Based on 247 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Nice SUV

By on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of space, excellent navigation"

Cons: "Rides lower than traditional body-on-frame SUV"

Our MDX new at the dealership.

"We purchased our 2011 Acura MDX w/ Tech Package in Bali Blue Pearl new in April of 2011. It literally came off the showroom floor, with add-ons such as the roof-rails and running boards. The MDX sure is a looker!! After test driving the Lexus GX 460, Mercedes-Benz ML350, and BMW X5, the MDX fit our needs the best out of them all. Our previous vehicle was a 2006 Lexus GX 470 (w/o nav--sold w/ 90,000 mi). We have had a previous experience with Acura, owning a 2005 TSX simultaneously with the GX. In the past year, we have covered nearly 30,000 miles and have found some pros and cons. Acura, having been known for its technology innovations, has totally blown us away with the stellar navigation system and ELS sound system. However, push button start should've been added to the 2010 refresh. Acura's switchblade key is really too large and cumbersome. One overly annoying "feature" of the key fob is that if you use the 'Driver 1' key fob as the primary key, as we do, it automatically resets vehicle to the Driver 1 settings as you open the door after Driver 2 was driving, forcing you to wait as it loads Driver 1 to then turn around and make it load Driver 2 again. The Super Handling-All Wheel Drive is fantastic when the weather is not. We are also getting better fuel economy than with the GX. The little display in the gauge cluster claims 18.5, better than the 14 overall in the GX. Premium gas is required. On the negative side, it, as expected, rides lower than our old GX. We have also experienced some cosmetic issues with the MDX such as ill-fitting panels in the cargo area, a broken cup-holder, a snapped cover on the passenger side seatbelt anchor, and easily scratched plastics. I really wish that cooled seats came with all MDXs instead of just the Advance model as we only have heated seats. For an SUV, this vehicle is great to drive. However, if we were to do it again, we would likely not purchase the MDX again but instead go for the new RDX, a fantastic car. Thats not to say that the MDX is a bad car, but it is just not what we thought we needed. The Acura service has been fantastic!! Our first service was free and we have only had to go back for one service since then."

Our MDX new at the dealership.

Best value for the money!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Best vehicle for the money, dependable, reliable."

"After exhaustively researching many mid-size SUVs I found the MDX to provide the best value for the money. It also provides a strong residual value. My research included the BMW X5, Lexus GX 460, Porsche Cayene, Audi Q7 the Q5 wasn't available until 2009, and the Infiniti FX. I purchased an MDX for my wife in February of 2008 and in May of 2008 I traded in my Yukon for a second MDX for myself. Four years later we still own both vehicles. I have 122,000 miles on my vehicle with the only major expense being tires. I have to replace the timing belt this week (scheduled maintenance), but outside of scheduled maintenance these vehicles have been extremely dependable and reliable. I experience 23-27 MPG on the HWY and 17-20 combined city/highway. This vehicle still drives tight without any hidden noises or rattles four years later. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to purchase a mid-size SUV."

Good SUV

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "Great price, lots of features"

Cons: "reliability, roof rails not standard, poor mpg"

"We purchased a 2012 Acura MDX w/Advance package a while ago, and have noticed some pros and cons about the vehicle. The MDX has the more features than any other SUV in its class and is cheaper than most others at only $54,000. The cargo space is large, the navigation system is easy to use, and the adaptive cruise control and blind spot assist are great features. It also feels very safe because it applies the brakes and tightens the seat belts when you get to close to cars in front of you. Like all cars, the Mdx has a few cons. Surprisingly, our Mdx has not been very reliable. After 21,000 miles, it has been recalled due to a fuel system issue, the ventilation in the drivers seat had stopped working, sensors for the navigation system have been replaced, and we had to have the sunroof adjusted because it made a loud rattling noise. However, the warranty has covered all of these issues and our local Acura dealer has been great. Other than that my only other complaints would be the poor mpg's and that the roof rails were pretty expensive ($1000). Also, my kids have complained about getting car sick when riding in the second and third rows."

Great SUV, mileage could be better

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Quality,ride, features, handling"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"I just bought the 2013 MDX...traded in my 2003 MDX with 106,000 miles. I drove every American-made SUV...none are close to the MDX for quality, technology, ride, etc."

tremendous car especially like 3rd row seats

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"This car has performed like a fine swiss watch and has not given us any trouble at al even after 30,000 miles"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25