2010 Acura MDX

Based on 290 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Good SUV

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "Great price, lots of features"

Cons: "reliability, roof rails not standard, poor mpg"

"We purchased a 2012 Acura MDX w/Advance package a while ago, and have noticed some pros and cons about the vehicle. The MDX has the more features than any other SUV in its class and is cheaper than most others at only $54,000. The cargo space is large, the navigation system is easy to use, and the adaptive cruise control and blind spot assist are great features. It also feels very safe because it applies the brakes and tightens the seat belts when you get to close to cars in front of you. Like all cars, the Mdx has a few cons. Surprisingly, our Mdx has not been very reliable. After 21,000 miles, it has been recalled due to a fuel system issue, the ventilation in the drivers seat had stopped working, sensors for the navigation system have been replaced, and we had to have the sunroof adjusted because it made a loud rattling noise. However, the warranty has covered all of these issues and our local Acura dealer has been great. Other than that my only other complaints would be the poor mpg's and that the roof rails were pretty expensive ($1000). Also, my kids have complained about getting car sick when riding in the second and third rows."

tremendous car especially like 3rd row seats

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"This car has performed like a fine swiss watch and has not given us any trouble at al even after 30,000 miles"

Great SUV, mileage could be better

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Quality,ride, features, handling"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"I just bought the 2013 MDX...traded in my 2003 MDX with 106,000 miles. I drove every American-made SUV...none are close to the MDX for quality, technology, ride, etc."

Was my Dream car But not any more

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "Well equipped with options and comfortable seats"

Cons: "Horribly loud road noise/bumpy/bouncy on BaseModel"

"We purchased MDX Base model for me, wife and a new baby. We love all the options that came with base model. Very comfortable leather seats and excellent driving experience EXCEPT that we are experiencing very Loud Road Noise and Vibration on any road. It gets very bumpy and bouncy on a little rough road, especially when we're on the highway, in addition to bumpy and bouncy, it gets so loud that I have to raise my voice in order to have conversation with my wife. I sat in the rear seat with my 8 month old baby and worse thing happened to me that I was getting a headache on the way back from 1.5 hr trip from Baltimore to Virginia. So I complained and took it to dealer and they failed to fix the issue twice already. Now, they will try to set up to meet with an Acura manufacture rep within 1 or 2 weeks. By the way, we (Sales agent, my wife and I) test drove one w/ tech package, we all agreed that we felt less noise than Base model. Do MDX Base owners agree with me? I just can't believe that this car claimed to be "Luxury". Personally, if I knew the quality of ride (road noise/bumpy/bouncy) will be different from base mode to tech or adv. pkg. I would not have bought the base model. Since one with tech or adv. pkg is a over our budget, we would've purchased something else. I'm hoping that acura manufacture rep does something for us about this issue we're having. I gave 2 on Overall Rating and Comfort"

Allot of vehicle for the money

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Fit, finish, ability to tow, utility"

Cons: "road noise, stereo could be a bit louder"

"My only complaint would be the road noise. I know that is very tire and road-dependent, but I feel the cabin should have better sound deadening. It's not horrible by any means, just not what you would expect from a luxury SUV."

best vehicle I've owned at age of 43

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Cons: "button controls on steering are not very intuitive"

"This is a great vehicle for a mom who needs lots of space, safety, and a car with pick up and go! It is a bit stylish go it's not the soccer mom look. I am glad I bought this and not a van. It has really kept its value too! I love my backup camera! My MDX is more comfy than its competitors that offered less space and cost more!"

Great luxury midsize SUV

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "fun and comfort to drive"

Cons: "service indicator for low mileage driving"

"After researches on most of the luxury midsize SUVs and driving tests on new Lexus RX350, Mercedes-Benz ML350 and Acura MDX, I decided to go with MDX, mainly based on its performance, comfort, handling, safety and value. I have no regret with my purchase of this fantastic crossover."

Entertaining SUV

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "Performance, Handeling, Maintenance Cost"

Cons: "Not fuel efficient"

"I enjoy driving this vehicle. I didn't think I would, my previous car was a Audi S4 and I needed something that would haul the family in and handle the Michigan winters. As much as I liked my Audi I didn't enjoying paying out the exorbitant maintenance costs - every time I would go into the dealer it would cost $300-$1k to fix the vehicle. My wife has a Honda Pilot with 150k miles on it and we've paid low maintenance cost so I expect similar value from the Acura. In summary, this SUV feels and handles like a sports sedan. It will tear up curves and has great acceleration. I've equipped mine with Blizzaks winter tires and have driven through several west Michigan snow storms and the MDX was solid and surefooted at speed. Only downer for me is 19mpg on premium, luckily I work out of my home office so it doesn't hit me as much as say someone who has to commute for their job."

Common sense auto

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, quiet"

Cons: "low to the ground riding, poor gas mileage"

"Comfortable ride, sporty feel, very fast pick-up & go! Base car has many upgrades. It rides a bit low to the ground making it feel like a car. The gas mileage is disappointing."

Great midsize SUV

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Great looks and perfect for big families."

Cons: "My wife doesn't let me drive it enough."

"First, I really like the styling of the MDX. It has an understated luxury look without being too flashy. The interior is comfortable with seating for seven, which is great for our family of 6. The cargo area with the third row seat up appears small, but there is more room back there than you think. With the third row folded down, the cargo area is especially roomy. The best part is driving and parking. Many of our friends have suburbans, and they have a difficult time parking them - you see them backing in and out trying to fit into the spaces, but with the Acura, we have all of the passenger room without all the wasted space of the full size SUV. Lastly, everyone knows Hondas and Acuras are basically bulletproof, so even at 100,000 miles, it barely feels broken in. We highly recommend this vehicle."

Balanced athlete of an SUV

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "Very well balanced..."

Cons: "N/A"

"This is my 5th SUV and first Acura... The MDX exceeds my expectations on every turn, every braking situation, accelerating onto every on ramp... I purchased the Advance Package with all available options. The MDX handles unlike any SUV of compatible size and weight and it looks classy enough to valet at any of my LA hotspots... Comfort on long trips is excellent and navigation is the most simple and accurate of all the sport SUV's I tested..."

I LOVE MY MDX!

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "So fun and easy to drive."

Cons: "Gas Mileage 17 City/23 HWY"

"This is my second MDX. Before I bought my first MDX I drove a BMW X5. The BMW's seats were so so hard and the suspension so tight you could feel every bump in the road. The MDX blows any car in this price range away. The maintenance costs are fantastic and the overall drive of this car is wonderful. I LOVE IT!"

This is my 2nd MDX and loved both of them

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "A vehicle for the family"

Cons: "NONE"

"This a vehicle for long trips. I have major back problems and can't drive long distances in most vehicles but the MDX is perfect. Handling is excellent. recently I had to do some very fancy driving to avoid an idiot driver coming into the wrong lane while on the cell phone. The handling characteristics saved me and the idiot from potential severe injuries. The service manager at the dealership is excellent and not one of those types that is paid by commission and tries to sell you everything that you don't need. Integrity is the word for the whole MDX experience. What they promise, they deliver."

Excellent Value

By on Friday, May 08, 2009

"I got my MDX new in April of 07. I have driven it for 2 years. There have been no problems. Routine maint has consisted of just 2 oil changes!!! The AWD system is excellent. When others were stuck in a "freak" snow storm, my MDX was as sure footed as a mountain goat. It is very solid, rattle free and easy to drive. Controls are simple to use. I don't believe that it's the best looking SUV on the planet, but the interior is well thought out and I would definitely recommend this to everyone!!!"

Can't imagine having another other car

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Leather, great turning radius (handles like a car)"

Cons: "Price"

"The only con is the hefty price tag, but I would certainly purchase a new one when I buy another car. It is so comfortable and I feel so safe every time I drive it. I love that I have room for everything and have the 3rd row seating if needed. The gas mileage is decent for an SUV too (I average about 18 miles/gallon). It handles great in all types of weather. I would definitely recommend it."

Literally best in class!

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Handling, options, roomy, value"

Cons: "."

"Loved my previous Acura's before this MDX and love my MDX just the same if not nor than previous A's. best driving dynamics in the class, sport/advance suspension makes this tank feel like a sport luxo sedan. Great stereo & DVD system. Gas mileage is impressive for a loaded, AWD and powerful SUV. Three row seating is better than most others in the segment. Most every "luxury" option comes standard on MDX and with a few packages its loaded beyond he competition."

overall great vehicle..

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Great vehicle if you compare to other SUV.. You would not find a better SUV for that price.. Loaded with allot of options.."

Recall your vechiles

By on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

"I Bought 2 2010 MDX for my family. I have been having problems with the batteries on both vehicles. I been to my dealer half dozen times already, they claim that this problems been around for the past years on all 2010 Acura models and they can’t figure it out. Is anyone wrestling like I am with a system battery voltage low warning on a daily basis? Also I travel to Canada by car on a regular basis. Canadian Acura dealers refuse to honor manufactures warranty."

Excellent car

By on Friday, August 07, 2015

Pros: "Very safe, reliable, quiet car with excellent feat"

Cons: "Practically impossible to update without spending"

"This is a car in which my wife and I feel safe. Very quiet, very reliable, smooth, silent and safe to drive in. My one grouse is that if I can get regular updates on a $5,000 computer, why can't I get the same on a $55,000 car? Why do I have to pay to have my DVD drive, navigation software, etc. updated?"

Great power, drives easy, quiet, good features.

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

"Best car ever owned. Minimal maintenance. Very reliable."

love it

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

"I have owned many cars in my 65 years. This is hands down the best! It handles with ease and precision. Tight turns are no challenge for this beauty. Icy patches and snow test the all wheel drive and stability and it always passes and rights itself. It has ample packing space with no problems. I bought the weather mats and cargo mat, so when I take them out, the interior looks new. The driver's seat is worn way more than the other seats and If I could change one thing , I would reupholster that."

Best car I ever owned!

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "All wheel Drive"

Cons: "Getting expensive"

"As above"

Best SUV value in segment!!!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Vent'd seats, Adv Cruise, CMBS, Sprt/Comfort mode"

Cons: "real wood veneers"

"After looking at other SUV's in this segment I decided the MDX was the best value for the money. This vehicle has delivered nothing but pure driving pleasure since the day I drove it home. I choose the MDX Advanced and have been very pleased with all the features the Advanced package adds to the MDX. In Houston the ventilated seats are a real pleasure to experience. As well, the advanced cruise control and collision mitigating braking system are great features. With the heat and humidity we have in Houston I choose the white exterior color and I can honestly say it is the coolest vehicle I've ever owned, even on the hottest days, with the remote, pop the side glasses and sunroof and the vehicle, after started, cools comfortably in less than 3 minutes. And roadability...???? This is the best driving vehicle in all that I tested, a real road hugger when in sport mode and floats like a cloud when in comfort mode. Interior, excellent! Comfortable seating and covered in very high quality leather, real wood veneer would be an excellent addition. Controls excellently placed and voice command always a pleasure to use. Great seat height and excellent visibility, you feel in command of the road and the vehicle. My hats off to you ACURA for a quality and totally enjoyable vehicle!"

Fabulous and life saving

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "The seats could have a cooling system."

"I owned 2 MDX's and I love them both. I just purchased my 3rd today. I have a 2001 with 250,000 miles and now my 17 year old is driving it. I just recently was in a head on collision with my 2008 and is totaled! My 2008 saved my life and my 4 passengers lives without a doubt! Also, to my surprise they retain their value...Wow! The 2008 had a great feel of the road and was great in snow. It is a luxury SUV with the safety and confort without the price and no service problems. I love the MDX."

Fantastic Vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great handling, stylish, quiet"

Cons: "could be better on gas"

"The MDX is top quality. Extremely enjoyable to drive, quiet, refined and handling is excellent. 18 months old and not 1 problem so far. I would highly recommended someone looking for a quality SUV consider the MDX"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals