2009 Acura MDX

Based on 296 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Great SUV, mileage could be better

By on Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pros: "Quality,ride, features, handling"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"I just bought the 2013 MDX...traded in my 2003 MDX with 106,000 miles. I drove every American-made SUV...none are close to the MDX for quality, technology, ride, etc."

Great midsize SUV

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pros: "Great looks and perfect for big families."

Cons: "My wife doesn't let me drive it enough."

"First, I really like the styling of the MDX. It has an understated luxury look without being too flashy. The interior is comfortable with seating for seven, which is great for our family of 6. The cargo area with the third row seat up appears small, but there is more room back there than you think. With the third row folded down, the cargo area is especially roomy. The best part is driving and parking. Many of our friends have suburbans, and they have a difficult time parking them - you see them backing in and out trying to fit into the spaces, but with the Acura, we have all of the passenger room without all the wasted space of the full size SUV. Lastly, everyone knows Hondas and Acuras are basically bulletproof, so even at 100,000 miles, it barely feels broken in. We highly recommend this vehicle."

Allot of vehicle for the money

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "Fit, finish, ability to tow, utility"

Cons: "road noise, stereo could be a bit louder"

"My only complaint would be the road noise. I know that is very tire and road-dependent, but I feel the cabin should have better sound deadening. It's not horrible by any means, just not what you would expect from a luxury SUV."

Entertaining SUV

By on Friday, March 1, 2013

Pros: "Performance, Handeling, Maintenance Cost"

Cons: "Not fuel efficient"

"I enjoy driving this vehicle. I didn't think I would, my previous car was a Audi S4 and I needed something that would haul the family in and handle the Michigan winters. As much as I liked my Audi I didn't enjoying paying out the exorbitant maintenance costs - every time I would go into the dealer it would cost $300-$1k to fix the vehicle. My wife has a Honda Pilot with 150k miles on it and we've paid low maintenance cost so I expect similar value from the Acura. In summary, this SUV feels and handles like a sports sedan. It will tear up curves and has great acceleration. I've equipped mine with Blizzaks winter tires and have driven through several west Michigan snow storms and the MDX was solid and surefooted at speed. Only downer for me is 19mpg on premium, luckily I work out of my home office so it doesn't hit me as much as say someone who has to commute for their job."

Great luxury midsize SUV

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "fun and comfort to drive"

Cons: "service indicator for low mileage driving"

"After researches on most of the luxury midsize SUVs and driving tests on new Lexus RX350, Mercedes-Benz ML350 and Acura MDX, I decided to go with MDX, mainly based on its performance, comfort, handling, safety and value. I have no regret with my purchase of this fantastic crossover."

Common sense auto

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, quiet"

Cons: "low to the ground riding, poor gas mileage"

"Comfortable ride, sporty feel, very fast pick-up & go! Base car has many upgrades. It rides a bit low to the ground making it feel like a car. The gas mileage is disappointing."

Recall your vechiles

By on Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"I Bought 2 2010 MDX for my family. I have been having problems with the batteries on both vehicles. I been to my dealer half dozen times already, they claim that this problems been around for the past years on all 2010 Acura models and they can’t figure it out. Is anyone wrestling like I am with a system battery voltage low warning on a daily basis? Also I travel to Canada by car on a regular basis. Canadian Acura dealers refuse to honor manufactures warranty."

Excellent Value

By on Friday, May 8, 2009

"I got my MDX new in April of 07. I have driven it for 2 years. There have been no problems. Routine maint has consisted of just 2 oil changes!!! The AWD system is excellent. When others were stuck in a "freak" snow storm, my MDX was as sure footed as a mountain goat. It is very solid, rattle free and easy to drive. Controls are simple to use. I don't believe that it's the best looking SUV on the planet, but the interior is well thought out and I would definitely recommend this to everyone!!!"

Balanced athlete of an SUV

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "Very well balanced..."

Cons: "N/A"

"This is my 5th SUV and first Acura... The MDX exceeds my expectations on every turn, every braking situation, accelerating onto every on ramp... I purchased the Advance Package with all available options. The MDX handles unlike any SUV of compatible size and weight and it looks classy enough to valet at any of my LA hotspots... Comfort on long trips is excellent and navigation is the most simple and accurate of all the sport SUV's I tested..."

I LOVE MY MDX!

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "So fun and easy to drive."

Cons: "Gas Mileage 17 City/23 HWY"

"This is my second MDX. Before I bought my first MDX I drove a BMW X5. The BMW's seats were so so hard and the suspension so tight you could feel every bump in the road. The MDX blows any car in this price range away. The maintenance costs are fantastic and the overall drive of this car is wonderful. I LOVE IT!"

This is my 2nd MDX and loved both of them

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "A vehicle for the family"

Cons: "NONE"

"This a vehicle for long trips. I have major back problems and can't drive long distances in most vehicles but the MDX is perfect. Handling is excellent. recently I had to do some very fancy driving to avoid an idiot driver coming into the wrong lane while on the cell phone. The handling characteristics saved me and the idiot from potential severe injuries. The service manager at the dealership is excellent and not one of those types that is paid by commission and tries to sell you everything that you don't need. Integrity is the word for the whole MDX experience. What they promise, they deliver."

Can't imagine having another other car

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Leather, great turning radius (handles like a car)"

Cons: "Price"

"The only con is the hefty price tag, but I would certainly purchase a new one when I buy another car. It is so comfortable and I feel so safe every time I drive it. I love that I have room for everything and have the 3rd row seating if needed. The gas mileage is decent for an SUV too (I average about 18 miles/gallon). It handles great in all types of weather. I would definitely recommend it."

overall great vehicle..

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Great vehicle if you compare to other SUV.. You would not find a better SUV for that price.. Loaded with allot of options.."

Fabulous and life saving

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "The seats could have a cooling system."

"I owned 2 MDX's and I love them both. I just purchased my 3rd today. I have a 2001 with 250,000 miles and now my 17 year old is driving it. I just recently was in a head on collision with my 2008 and is totaled! My 2008 saved my life and my 4 passengers lives without a doubt! Also, to my surprise they retain their value...Wow! The 2008 had a great feel of the road and was great in snow. It is a luxury SUV with the safety and confort without the price and no service problems. I love the MDX."

Great power, drives easy, quiet, good features.

By on Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"Best car ever owned. Minimal maintenance. Very reliable."

love it

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

"I have owned many cars in my 65 years. This is hands down the best! It handles with ease and precision. Tight turns are no challenge for this beauty. Icy patches and snow test the all wheel drive and stability and it always passes and rights itself. It has ample packing space with no problems. I bought the weather mats and cargo mat, so when I take them out, the interior looks new. The driver's seat is worn way more than the other seats and If I could change one thing , I would reupholster that."

Best car I ever owned!

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

Pros: "All wheel Drive"

Cons: "Getting expensive"

"As above"

Fantastic Vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great handling, stylish, quiet"

Cons: "could be better on gas"

"The MDX is top quality. Extremely enjoyable to drive, quiet, refined and handling is excellent. 18 months old and not 1 problem so far. I would highly recommended someone looking for a quality SUV consider the MDX"

I love this vehicle!

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable seats, everything you need at hand."

Cons: "needs remote start"

"I have been driving my 2007 MDX back and forth between Iowa and Colorado every couple of weeks for 2 years. During this time it has been the most comfortable to drive for 10hrs each way. My other vehicle is a Cadillac and I prefer the Acura. My kids like the backseat dvd and rear audio controls. The heated seats are wonderful. It gets good gas mileage and every control is at your fingertips so you can keep you eyes on the road."

Excellent SUV!

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride, the technology, and comfort"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love everything about this car, except for th gas mileage. Although it seems to be typical of SUV's of this size, you would think they would be able to improve it. I get 16 mpg city just as advertised so I knew what I was getting into. The comfort is second to none, and the technology is top of the line. It does not feel "cheap" and it feels like a luxury vehicle. I looked at many other SUV's of this size and they lost me with the interior. This car feels like you are in a cockpit. While the dash looks overwhelming at first glance, it is very simple to use..not to mention it is all voice activated as well. the 3rd row seating is so helpful too, and can sit 2 adult males comfortably."

Can't Get Any Better!

By on Friday, December 3, 2010

"There is not other SUV that compares. I have had BMW and Mercedes and I would take this SUV over them anyday. Audi thought it was a great vehicle too - they made their SUV just like it but not better! You just can't beat the comfort and most importantly the safety."

By on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Great Overall Car

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I really enjoy my MDX, wish it had a little more space, but overall it is a good vehicle for my family. We don't use the third row seating at all, but overall pretty tight."

This vehicle flies!

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"I've driven nothing but sports cars for most of my driving life and was thoroughly amazed at the responsive handling with this vehicle. It handles as well or better than all the sports cars I've driven over the years. It has the room I now need for an active lifestyle and sings sweetly to me via the surround sound system. I love the navigation system for easily finding places I've never been and I'm very comfortable with the Zagat ratings for everything from fine restaurants to small pizza joints. I've driven this as my daily driver for over a year now and I would highly recommmend it to anyone who asks. If you haven't driven one, get out there and take this vehicle for a test drive, but; bring your wallet, because you will almost assuredly buy it. Hit the road in style and grace!"

Absolute Pleasure to Drive!

By on Monday, October 5, 2009

"The MDX is stylish, sporty, powerful and dependable. I thoroughly enjoy all the little creature comforts incorporated in its design, from the heated 2nd row seats, the 110v plug in the console, the A/V adapters for the DVD system, the power lift gate, the voice activated system controls, the rearview camera. The MDX is luxury at its finest, and drives like a sports car. I love it!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals