2009 Acura MDX

Based on 287 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Was my Dream car But not any more

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "Well equipped with options and comfortable seats"

Cons: "Horribly loud road noise/bumpy/bouncy on BaseModel"

"We purchased MDX Base model for me, wife and a new baby. We love all the options that came with base model. Very comfortable leather seats and excellent driving experience EXCEPT that we are experiencing very Loud Road Noise and Vibration on any road. It gets very bumpy and bouncy on a little rough road, especially when we're on the highway, in addition to bumpy and bouncy, it gets so loud that I have to raise my voice in order to have conversation with my wife. I sat in the rear seat with my 8 month old baby and worse thing happened to me that I was getting a headache on the way back from 1.5 hr trip from Baltimore to Virginia. So I complained and took it to dealer and they failed to fix the issue twice already. Now, they will try to set up to meet with an Acura manufacture rep within 1 or 2 weeks. By the way, we (Sales agent, my wife and I) test drove one w/ tech package, we all agreed that we felt less noise than Base model. Do MDX Base owners agree with me? I just can't believe that this car claimed to be "Luxury". Personally, if I knew the quality of ride (road noise/bumpy/bouncy) will be different from base mode to tech or adv. pkg. I would not have bought the base model. Since one with tech or adv. pkg is a over our budget, we would've purchased something else. I'm hoping that acura manufacture rep does something for us about this issue we're having. I gave 2 on Overall Rating and Comfort"

Allot of vehicle for the money

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Fit, finish, ability to tow, utility"

Cons: "road noise, stereo could be a bit louder"

"My only complaint would be the road noise. I know that is very tire and road-dependent, but I feel the cabin should have better sound deadening. It's not horrible by any means, just not what you would expect from a luxury SUV."

best vehicle I've owned at age of 43

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Cons: "button controls on steering are not very intuitive"

"This is a great vehicle for a mom who needs lots of space, safety, and a car with pick up and go! It is a bit stylish go it's not the soccer mom look. I am glad I bought this and not a van. It has really kept its value too! I love my backup camera! My MDX is more comfy than its competitors that offered less space and cost more!"

Great luxury midsize SUV

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "fun and comfort to drive"

Cons: "service indicator for low mileage driving"

"After researches on most of the luxury midsize SUVs and driving tests on new Lexus RX350, Mercedes-Benz ML350 and Acura MDX, I decided to go with MDX, mainly based on its performance, comfort, handling, safety and value. I have no regret with my purchase of this fantastic crossover."

Entertaining SUV

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "Performance, Handeling, Maintenance Cost"

Cons: "Not fuel efficient"

"I enjoy driving this vehicle. I didn't think I would, my previous car was a Audi S4 and I needed something that would haul the family in and handle the Michigan winters. As much as I liked my Audi I didn't enjoying paying out the exorbitant maintenance costs - every time I would go into the dealer it would cost $300-$1k to fix the vehicle. My wife has a Honda Pilot with 150k miles on it and we've paid low maintenance cost so I expect similar value from the Acura. In summary, this SUV feels and handles like a sports sedan. It will tear up curves and has great acceleration. I've equipped mine with Blizzaks winter tires and have driven through several west Michigan snow storms and the MDX was solid and surefooted at speed. Only downer for me is 19mpg on premium, luckily I work out of my home office so it doesn't hit me as much as say someone who has to commute for their job."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals