• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2009 Acura MDX

Based on 247 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Love this car

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, premium style, versatile"

Cons: "None so far"

""The car is roomy and versatile. The seats are so comfortable for long drives. We did a four hour drive with four adults and one car seat toddler and everyone was exceptionally comfy. Independant climate controls in the back helped with that as well. The premium sound system is excellent. Love the auto hatch, and personalized settings. Have not used the third row seat yet, but glad it's there for when we need it. The ride is aggressive and solid, grips the road, but fast. Sports mode is fun in the mountains and open roads and helpful in sketchy, fast moving traffic. It's just an all around fun car to drive, powerful, safe for my toddler, and so versatile. The leather and premium interior design don't hurt either. My wife and I both love this car.""

Cons: "So far, we don't have any."

"The car is roomy and versatile. The seats are so comfortable for long drives. We did a four hour drive with four adults and one car seat toddler and everyone was exceptionally comfy. Independant climate controls in the back helped with that as well. The premium sound system is excellent. Love the auto hatch, and personalized settings. Have not used the third row seat yet, but glad it's there for when we need it. The ride is agressive and solid, grips the road, but fast. Sports mode is fun in the mountains and open roads and helpful in sketchy, fast moving traffic. It's just an all around fun car to drive, powerful, safe for my toddler, and so versatile. The leather and premium interior design don't hurt either. My wife and I both love this car."

third MDX- Acura has lost my business

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "options are two or three to get everything"

Cons: "quality gone, fuel economy terrible"

"Engine performance same yet Fuel economy down to 15 MPG, cabin noise, suspension did not last, quality down, Not what I was used to from Acura"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling"

Cons: "Slight wind noise in door seal at highway speed"

"Great handling, decent mileage for a heavy 4WD vehicle. Corners very good and brakes sure & steady."

Fantastic SUV for the price

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "drives/corners well, comfortable, good in snow"

Cons: "3rd row nice but better for kids on long drives"

"I looked at every mid-to-large luxury SUV and just couldn't justify buying anything other than this given its great price point and better reliability and resale than most others. But it's not just a good deal, it drives great. Second row seats are comfy and even recline, which is nice on longer drives. Doesn't feel like a big vehicle at all, and is even easy to park. I lived in Vienna, Austria with my MDX and it was easy to park in the small city spots and great in the mountains/winters. Even my wife loved to drive it... didn't seem big to her, either. And the handling is great at higher speeds. Very solid and corners well with no noticable roll/sway at all (in part because of how the SH-AWD speeds up the outside rear wheel to push you through turns). Fun to drive. I honestly looked forward to the days I got to drive to work/errands back when I lived in Vieanna and usually took the metro. The SH-AWD system is as good as it gets, short of maybe a Land Rover for ultimate off-roading. Only negative that I have is I wish third row was easier to access (e.g. if the second row slid forward like in the 2014 redesigned model) and had an inch or two more leg room. Still, my mother and father-in-law each sat back there for drives of up to an hour and were OK. But I'm 6'3 so it wouldn't have worked for me. If gave it 10 stars given it's price. Were we comparing it to SUVs costing $20,000 more then I would have to give it 9 stars, as of course those are even nicer inside with more advanced extra features. But, I really have no complaints other than I wish I fit in the third row... but I got that for our kids/thier friends anyway so I can't complain much."

Best Ride I ever had.

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "DVD player, Navigation, does well in snow and ice"

Cons: "The sunroof rattles a little."

"My family and I love the MDX. It drove awesome in the snow and ice. My kids love the dvd player. I would recommend this ride to everyone with kids."

Great family car and mountain driving

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "fun driving and safe"

Cons: "I have yet to hit the higher MPG"

"Feels sporty yet extremely safe and reliable. My family of 4 and all the kids friends fit in safely and it doesn't matter where we go, we have a blast with either the audio system or the DVD entertainment. Love my MDX!!"

6th Acura (1st Acura SUV)

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Nice blend of sport performance / suv"

Cons: "Loud (road noise) and disappointing gas mileage"

"My 2012 Acura MDX rides well, (but loud) and it's well made. No mechanical problems to report yet. The gas mileage is disappointing, but then again it wasn't my highest priority when I bought it. The controls are clustered so tight on the center console (Tech model) that you almost have to be at a stop to be able to use them, or are forced use the voice command. Those are my only complaints. This is my 6th Acura (1st Acura SUV) and they have all held up very well as long as you follow the scheduled maintenance. Very nice re-sale value to report, if you take care of them !!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals