• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2008 Acura MDX

Based on 247 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Love this car

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, premium style, versatile"

Cons: "None so far"

""The car is roomy and versatile. The seats are so comfortable for long drives. We did a four hour drive with four adults and one car seat toddler and everyone was exceptionally comfy. Independant climate controls in the back helped with that as well. The premium sound system is excellent. Love the auto hatch, and personalized settings. Have not used the third row seat yet, but glad it's there for when we need it. The ride is aggressive and solid, grips the road, but fast. Sports mode is fun in the mountains and open roads and helpful in sketchy, fast moving traffic. It's just an all around fun car to drive, powerful, safe for my toddler, and so versatile. The leather and premium interior design don't hurt either. My wife and I both love this car.""

Cons: "So far, we don't have any."

"The car is roomy and versatile. The seats are so comfortable for long drives. We did a four hour drive with four adults and one car seat toddler and everyone was exceptionally comfy. Independant climate controls in the back helped with that as well. The premium sound system is excellent. Love the auto hatch, and personalized settings. Have not used the third row seat yet, but glad it's there for when we need it. The ride is agressive and solid, grips the road, but fast. Sports mode is fun in the mountains and open roads and helpful in sketchy, fast moving traffic. It's just an all around fun car to drive, powerful, safe for my toddler, and so versatile. The leather and premium interior design don't hurt either. My wife and I both love this car."

third MDX- Acura has lost my business

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "options are two or three to get everything"

Cons: "quality gone, fuel economy terrible"

"Engine performance same yet Fuel economy down to 15 MPG, cabin noise, suspension did not last, quality down, Not what I was used to from Acura"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling"

Cons: "Slight wind noise in door seal at highway speed"

"Great handling, decent mileage for a heavy 4WD vehicle. Corners very good and brakes sure & steady."

Fantastic SUV for the price

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "drives/corners well, comfortable, good in snow"

Cons: "3rd row nice but better for kids on long drives"

"I looked at every mid-to-large luxury SUV and just couldn't justify buying anything other than this given its great price point and better reliability and resale than most others. But it's not just a good deal, it drives great. Second row seats are comfy and even recline, which is nice on longer drives. Doesn't feel like a big vehicle at all, and is even easy to park. I lived in Vienna, Austria with my MDX and it was easy to park in the small city spots and great in the mountains/winters. Even my wife loved to drive it... didn't seem big to her, either. And the handling is great at higher speeds. Very solid and corners well with no noticable roll/sway at all (in part because of how the SH-AWD speeds up the outside rear wheel to push you through turns). Fun to drive. I honestly looked forward to the days I got to drive to work/errands back when I lived in Vieanna and usually took the metro. The SH-AWD system is as good as it gets, short of maybe a Land Rover for ultimate off-roading. Only negative that I have is I wish third row was easier to access (e.g. if the second row slid forward like in the 2014 redesigned model) and had an inch or two more leg room. Still, my mother and father-in-law each sat back there for drives of up to an hour and were OK. But I'm 6'3 so it wouldn't have worked for me. If gave it 10 stars given it's price. Were we comparing it to SUVs costing $20,000 more then I would have to give it 9 stars, as of course those are even nicer inside with more advanced extra features. But, I really have no complaints other than I wish I fit in the third row... but I got that for our kids/thier friends anyway so I can't complain much."

Best Ride I ever had.

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "DVD player, Navigation, does well in snow and ice"

Cons: "The sunroof rattles a little."

"My family and I love the MDX. It drove awesome in the snow and ice. My kids love the dvd player. I would recommend this ride to everyone with kids."

Great family car and mountain driving

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "fun driving and safe"

Cons: "I have yet to hit the higher MPG"

"Feels sporty yet extremely safe and reliable. My family of 4 and all the kids friends fit in safely and it doesn't matter where we go, we have a blast with either the audio system or the DVD entertainment. Love my MDX!!"

6th Acura (1st Acura SUV)

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Nice blend of sport performance / suv"

Cons: "Loud (road noise) and disappointing gas mileage"

"My 2012 Acura MDX rides well, (but loud) and it's well made. No mechanical problems to report yet. The gas mileage is disappointing, but then again it wasn't my highest priority when I bought it. The controls are clustered so tight on the center console (Tech model) that you almost have to be at a stop to be able to use them, or are forced use the voice command. Those are my only complaints. This is my 6th Acura (1st Acura SUV) and they have all held up very well as long as you follow the scheduled maintenance. Very nice re-sale value to report, if you take care of them !!"

Poor purchase.

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Drives very good!"

Cons: "Lot of things wrong with SUV. Suspension prob ."

"Many expensive repairs needed. Struts, rear suspension, worn tires from suspension problems. Nav. System went out at 53k miles. Airbag sensors went out @ same. More luxury more to go wrong. Not a car to buy unless you have deep pockets."

Can't imagine having another other car

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Leather, great turning radius (handles like a car)"

Cons: "Price"

"The only con is the hefty price tag, but I would certainly purchase a new one when I buy another car. It is so comfortable and I feel so safe every time I drive it. I love that I have room for everything and have the 3rd row seating if needed. The gas mileage is decent for an SUV too (I average about 18 miles/gallon). It handles great in all types of weather. I would definitely recommend it."

love it

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

"I have owned many cars in my 65 years. This is hands down the best! It handles with ease and precision. Tight turns are no challenge for this beauty. Icy patches and snow test the all wheel drive and stability and it always passes and rights itself. It has ample packing space with no problems. I bought the weather mats and cargo mat, so when I take them out, the interior looks new. The driver's seat is worn way more than the other seats and If I could change one thing , I would reupholster that."

Mediocre at best.

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

"I have been buying only new vehicles as far as I can remember every 2 years for my business and family. I decided to give Acura MDX a chance and to be honest I was unimpressed by the mediocre performance at best. I am the not so proud owner of a 2010 MDX. I have had many Hondas doing much better than Acura and I was expecting this vehicle to at least match Honda's performance. To break it down after 47k miles the cons are: - Poor stock tire quality; - Cheap looking alloys; - Tight interior compared to Pilot; - Engine is just an **s hauler, don't expect performance or dynamic features at all; - Cheap and dingy interior started to break apart at 20K, stuff like chair pedestal, interior plastic and wood grain; - Engine started having noise at 60K; - Shock absorbers started to sound at 30K; - Engine uses mineral oils, while all the competitors are on synthetic (even Mini has synthetic for crying out loud); - Totally horrible experience in the dealership, every service trip is a horror story, I simply dread going there. I found a local Honda dealer that does a much better job. I haven't seen such arrogance anywhere period. I currently own a Mercedes, a Honda and a Ram truck, any other service than Acura rates much better. - This is no luxury car, as much as Honda wants you to believe it is, it just isn't. It drives like any other Honda, actually some Honda vehicles are a much better ride and they stand behind their Hondas better than Acura does. - Outdated electronics compared to even lower tier brands. - Will go broke driving it, the actual mileage in city is about 14 mpg. - Cheap audio system. Pro's: - It is still a very safe car, you have a feeling of safety and feel comfortable driving your whole family in it. - Still looks decent on the outside; - Still very reliable; - Will tow a load sturdy and solidly; - Decent breaks compared to other Honda models; - Good headlights; - Great standard features (standard back-up camera, 6 speed auto, power tailgate). - AWD is a great feature."

best car ever

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "very little maintenance cost, very comfortable"

Cons: "for me theres no cons"

"This is my second MDX. i looooooveee it. i am thinking about trading it in for 2014."

Technology and ergonomic total failure

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

"The ergonomics are horrible. The technology is antiquated and not user friendly. The bluetooth is not developed. If you dial a number on your cell phone the bluetooth doesn't transfer the call to hands free. The information display is miserable. The center screen displays only the nav/rear view camera and radio channels and isn't interactive. What a waste. The rear back-up lights shine 3 to 4 feet up in the air and you can't see any pavement behind the car at night. The turn radius is like a Mack truck, making the vehicle very difficult to maneuver in a parking garage. The steering is also heavy at slow speeds. The car is very nice on the highway though. It is relatively quiet and the climate control works vey well. But the gas mileage is horrible. My average mileage for the 18,200 miles I have driven, city and highway, is only 16.6 MPG, well below the advertised rate."

Wish I had bought a Rx 350

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Great interior"

Cons: "Noisy suspension, very poor mpg."

"To rigid and stiff on the road. Suspension is noisy. Great vehicle for a long trip but around town it is not fun to drive. Interior quality is great, radio is horrible.MPG is no where near what Acura advertised. Acura service is lacking compared to Lexus."

Great luxury midsize SUV

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "fun and comfort to drive"

Cons: "service indicator for low mileage driving"

"After researches on most of the luxury midsize SUVs and driving tests on new Lexus RX350, Mercedes-Benz ML350 and Acura MDX, I decided to go with MDX, mainly based on its performance, comfort, handling, safety and value. I have no regret with my purchase of this fantastic crossover."

I love this vehicle.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, versatile, looks great,"

Cons: "low MPG, loose stick to change gears"

"This car is one of my favorites that I have ever driven. The navigation system is user friendly, the car handles amazingly even well into its life, and it is very versatile. When it has the sports rack, it looks incredible from the outside. My only complaints are the double whammy of mediocre gas milage and premium gas, but if you are willing to do 20 MPG @$4 a gallon, it is well worth the money."

Literally best in class!

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Handling, options, roomy, value"

Cons: "."

"Loved my previous Acura's before this MDX and love my MDX just the same if not nor than previous A's. best driving dynamics in the class, sport/advance suspension makes this tank feel like a sport luxo sedan. Great stereo & DVD system. Gas mileage is impressive for a loaded, AWD and powerful SUV. Three row seating is better than most others in the segment. Most every "luxury" option comes standard on MDX and with a few packages its loaded beyond he competition."

Ordinary style

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Reason: Didn't fall in love with this SUV

Pros: "Comfy"

Cons: "Gas milage, blah exterior style"

"We were in the market for a luxary SUV, test drove BMW X3, looked at some others, and finally fell for the "special" our local Acura dealer had on their MDX and bought one(They probably had the special because they had a ton of them in their inventory with no buyers). This is a nice SUV but the exterior styling has no character to it... for that price, I think the styling should stand out a little and not blend in with the other cheaper SUVs on the road. Gas milage was not good, but we knew that already. Interior was ok, except the fake wood grain always had a glair right into my eyes every time I drove in the sun. Also I got in a Honda Accord once and noticed the interior looked a lot like my Acura MDX, which was disappointing to pay that price and get the same interior as they put in their Honda Accord. Anyways, overal, I liked the driving dynamics of it at first which is why we bought it, but I fell out of love with it very quickly. If you are in the market for something stylish and something that stands out a little, this isn't it."

Great SUV, mileage could be better

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Quality,ride, features, handling"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"I just bought the 2013 MDX...traded in my 2003 MDX with 106,000 miles. I drove every American-made SUV...none are close to the MDX for quality, technology, ride, etc."

Entertaining SUV

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "Performance, Handeling, Maintenance Cost"

Cons: "Not fuel efficient"

"I enjoy driving this vehicle. I didn't think I would, my previous car was a Audi S4 and I needed something that would haul the family in and handle the Michigan winters. As much as I liked my Audi I didn't enjoying paying out the exorbitant maintenance costs - every time I would go into the dealer it would cost $300-$1k to fix the vehicle. My wife has a Honda Pilot with 150k miles on it and we've paid low maintenance cost so I expect similar value from the Acura. In summary, this SUV feels and handles like a sports sedan. It will tear up curves and has great acceleration. I've equipped mine with Blizzaks winter tires and have driven through several west Michigan snow storms and the MDX was solid and surefooted at speed. Only downer for me is 19mpg on premium, luckily I work out of my home office so it doesn't hit me as much as say someone who has to commute for their job."

Gas hog and takes premium

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, smooth ride, quiet"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, premium gas"

"I will admit that the MDX is nice to drive, but it delivers less than advertised gas mileage and costs me an arm and leg to keep on the road. If I had it to over, I would have stayed away from a car that requires premium gas."

Best car I ever owned!

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "All wheel Drive"

Cons: "Getting expensive"

"As above"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals