• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Acura MDX

Based on 260 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Good Entry Level in Luxury for Families

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride, nice interior, maintains value"

Cons: "gas mileage,"

"I enjoy this car. It rides very well and we have had no issues with the engine. However the 'plastic' like covers on the edge of the door between the front and back do have a tendency to warp leading to a vibration. Acura has since redesigned the car and have omitted this. The gas mileage is okay - nothing great. However it is a conservative number, and we seem to usually exceed what is expected."

Will believe the one bad review over all the good

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Reason: Car stalled while driving on freeway

Pros: "Nice looking car"

Cons: "Stalled while driving on freeway"

"I was driving on freeway - 60 mph going down hill. Instead of accelerating speed naturally due to going down the hill, the car started DECELERATING, and I had my foot on the accelerator pedal but it was slowing down and all the cars around me were zooming by. The accelerator pedal was not working. By some grace of god I was able to get off the freeway. I had my kids with me. Then the car completely stalled at the light. No warning lights ever came on. Acura dealership said that it was a faulty fuel pump. The car was only 3 years old and I had bought it 5 months prior from the same dealership with clean car fax. No issues before to indicate this may happen. Sold car back to dealership at loss. Although it was under warranty, I was not going to be a guinea pig if the same type of fuel pump they installed, went out again, and put my family in a similar situation."

Great midsize SUV

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Great looks and perfect for big families."

Cons: "My wife doesn't let me drive it enough."

"First, I really like the styling of the MDX. It has an understated luxury look without being too flashy. The interior is comfortable with seating for seven, which is great for our family of 6. The cargo area with the third row seat up appears small, but there is more room back there than you think. With the third row folded down, the cargo area is especially roomy. The best part is driving and parking. Many of our friends have suburbans, and they have a difficult time parking them - you see them backing in and out trying to fit into the spaces, but with the Acura, we have all of the passenger room without all the wasted space of the full size SUV. Lastly, everyone knows Hondas and Acuras are basically bulletproof, so even at 100,000 miles, it barely feels broken in. We highly recommend this vehicle."

Most happy with our choice

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"comfortable for long trips as well as city driving. Its higher seating gives us a better feel for traffic. it has all the bells and whistles for our driving habbits and most of all the back-up camera is a great feature."

MDX is amazing

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Value, Value, Value"

Cons: "Rear Seating not best for large people."

"I have had 4 SUVs between myself and my wife. I have had GM, Mercedes and Audi. The Acura MDX is my favorite. Its is a 2011 and I have 80000 miles in less than 3 years. The maintenance is non-existent other than oil changes. Great handling, great economy and it looks amazing."

I love the car.

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"The only thing I would like is something that tells me what direction I am going."

Extremely good-looking SUV and comfortable ride

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Large load capacity; comfortable"

Cons: "Hard to steer; easy to over-correct; blindspots"

"Steering is slightly too tight and over-correcting a problem. Loud road noise on Interstate Highways. Otherwise, a great vehicle!"

Thanks for SH AWD

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Nice SUV that you can depend on during snowy icy"

"I own 2 2007 Acura MDX. One with sport package and the other one (wife) with Entertainment package (Rear DVD for our kid). I do have to go to work during ice storm or snowy days in Arkansas. This SUV grip the road during ice storm. Adjust my speed to road condition/ drive slower just fine without chain on the wheels during ice storm."

I'm 66, owned over 10 new cars, this is the best,

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, great sound system."

Cons: "Uses only premium gas,"

"This is by far the best car I've owned. The only down sides are :1)the road noise is a little loud, but normally with a radio on or with conversion it isn't noticeable. 2)the gas gauge is partially hidden behind the steering wheel, so when it's low you have to lean forward to see the gauge. Partly due to the adjustable steering wheel. 3) it uses only premium gas which is much higher than regular. However It rides great, it's a solid heavy vehicle , looks great, has plenty of room and is very comfortable. At 66, I have purchased more than 10 new cars, and this is only car I've kept for more than 3 years. I now have 163,000 miles on it and it is 7 years old and it's value us roughly $12000. Pretty good, and it gets 23 mpg on the highway"

Great car to haul the kids and their equipment.

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, comfortable, affordable"

Cons: "transmission"

"This is one of two cars I bought new in my life. I love it but have a few reservations. This car have never broken down, I maintain the Acura maintenance regimen. It is a wide car so parking in the garage is a bit challenging for me and my wife. I do not like its transmission. It shifts from 3rd to fourth a lot and is annoying. the third row is perfect for small kids. I wish Acura made an extended version of this car."

Great automobile - was my wife's who died in Apri

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car"

Cons: "None that I know of"

"All maintenance up to date including timing belt, plugs, water pump&wires New tires"

Love everything about it - EXCEPT blind spot

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "great drive"

Cons: "blind spot"

"Love everything about this vehicle - handles great - comfortable for long trips or buzzing around town. Have loaded this with cargo for college trips, garden supplies and its really functional. When I purchased the car, they offered a really pricey package that included a blind spot indicator. I thought it was ridiculous and now I wish I had gotten it. You have to really watch it as I have had more than a few close calls with the blind spot on both sides of the vehicle."

Best SUV ever!!

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, sh-awd, ELS sound system"

"No problems so far."

Love this car

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, premium style, versatile"

Cons: "None so far"

""The car is roomy and versatile. The seats are so comfortable for long drives. We did a four hour drive with four adults and one car seat toddler and everyone was exceptionally comfy. Independant climate controls in the back helped with that as well. The premium sound system is excellent. Love the auto hatch, and personalized settings. Have not used the third row seat yet, but glad it's there for when we need it. The ride is aggressive and solid, grips the road, but fast. Sports mode is fun in the mountains and open roads and helpful in sketchy, fast moving traffic. It's just an all around fun car to drive, powerful, safe for my toddler, and so versatile. The leather and premium interior design don't hurt either. My wife and I both love this car.""

Cons: "So far, we don't have any."

"The car is roomy and versatile. The seats are so comfortable for long drives. We did a four hour drive with four adults and one car seat toddler and everyone was exceptionally comfy. Independant climate controls in the back helped with that as well. The premium sound system is excellent. Love the auto hatch, and personalized settings. Have not used the third row seat yet, but glad it's there for when we need it. The ride is agressive and solid, grips the road, but fast. Sports mode is fun in the mountains and open roads and helpful in sketchy, fast moving traffic. It's just an all around fun car to drive, powerful, safe for my toddler, and so versatile. The leather and premium interior design don't hurt either. My wife and I both love this car."

third MDX- Acura has lost my business

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "options are two or three to get everything"

Cons: "quality gone, fuel economy terrible"

"Engine performance same yet Fuel economy down to 15 MPG, cabin noise, suspension did not last, quality down, Not what I was used to from Acura"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling"

Cons: "Slight wind noise in door seal at highway speed"

"Great handling, decent mileage for a heavy 4WD vehicle. Corners very good and brakes sure & steady."

Fantastic SUV for the price

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "drives/corners well, comfortable, good in snow"

Cons: "3rd row nice but better for kids on long drives"

"I looked at every mid-to-large luxury SUV and just couldn't justify buying anything other than this given its great price point and better reliability and resale than most others. But it's not just a good deal, it drives great. Second row seats are comfy and even recline, which is nice on longer drives. Doesn't feel like a big vehicle at all, and is even easy to park. I lived in Vienna, Austria with my MDX and it was easy to park in the small city spots and great in the mountains/winters. Even my wife loved to drive it... didn't seem big to her, either. And the handling is great at higher speeds. Very solid and corners well with no noticable roll/sway at all (in part because of how the SH-AWD speeds up the outside rear wheel to push you through turns). Fun to drive. I honestly looked forward to the days I got to drive to work/errands back when I lived in Vieanna and usually took the metro. The SH-AWD system is as good as it gets, short of maybe a Land Rover for ultimate off-roading. Only negative that I have is I wish third row was easier to access (e.g. if the second row slid forward like in the 2014 redesigned model) and had an inch or two more leg room. Still, my mother and father-in-law each sat back there for drives of up to an hour and were OK. But I'm 6'3 so it wouldn't have worked for me. If gave it 10 stars given it's price. Were we comparing it to SUVs costing $20,000 more then I would have to give it 9 stars, as of course those are even nicer inside with more advanced extra features. But, I really have no complaints other than I wish I fit in the third row... but I got that for our kids/thier friends anyway so I can't complain much."

Best Ride I ever had.

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "DVD player, Navigation, does well in snow and ice"

Cons: "The sunroof rattles a little."

"My family and I love the MDX. It drove awesome in the snow and ice. My kids love the dvd player. I would recommend this ride to everyone with kids."

Great family car and mountain driving

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "fun driving and safe"

Cons: "I have yet to hit the higher MPG"

"Feels sporty yet extremely safe and reliable. My family of 4 and all the kids friends fit in safely and it doesn't matter where we go, we have a blast with either the audio system or the DVD entertainment. Love my MDX!!"

6th Acura (1st Acura SUV)

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Nice blend of sport performance / suv"

Cons: "Loud (road noise) and disappointing gas mileage"

"My 2012 Acura MDX rides well, (but loud) and it's well made. No mechanical problems to report yet. The gas mileage is disappointing, but then again it wasn't my highest priority when I bought it. The controls are clustered so tight on the center console (Tech model) that you almost have to be at a stop to be able to use them, or are forced use the voice command. Those are my only complaints. This is my 6th Acura (1st Acura SUV) and they have all held up very well as long as you follow the scheduled maintenance. Very nice re-sale value to report, if you take care of them !!"

Poor purchase.

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Drives very good!"

Cons: "Lot of things wrong with SUV. Suspension prob ."

"Many expensive repairs needed. Struts, rear suspension, worn tires from suspension problems. Nav. System went out at 53k miles. Airbag sensors went out @ same. More luxury more to go wrong. Not a car to buy unless you have deep pockets."

Can't imagine having another other car

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Leather, great turning radius (handles like a car)"

Cons: "Price"

"The only con is the hefty price tag, but I would certainly purchase a new one when I buy another car. It is so comfortable and I feel so safe every time I drive it. I love that I have room for everything and have the 3rd row seating if needed. The gas mileage is decent for an SUV too (I average about 18 miles/gallon). It handles great in all types of weather. I would definitely recommend it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals