• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide
2005 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

watch out

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"We bought a 2001 MDX new, drove it mostly in the city with occasional longer trips of 600 miles. The car was maintained regularly. At about 90k miles a strange rumbling sound began to occur, sort as if running over railroad tracks. I checked with the dealer and was told that the torque converter was the problem. I checked the internet and fount over one hundred and twenty complaints concerning this same problem, some occurring as early as 50,000 miles. Several customers were on their second transmission The cost to repair is more than $3500!"

This car wwill not quit !!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "All wheel drive , dependable, Modren styling still"

Cons: "Preminum Gas"

"215k miles and it still runs like new, same engine same trans, Changed the timing chain at 140k. this car is a tank, The wife had it for 85,00 miles no issues, first daughter took it to Lubbock Texas for 4 year while going to Texas Tech Univ. , she put 70,000 miles, Next daughter got her turn 4 years at Texas A&M Univ. she put 65,00o miles on it, Now I have it for a run around car. Without doubt the best car I have ever owned and still going strong today [ 04/2014 ]"

Reliable - watch out for 2001-2 transmission issue

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great engine, long lasting."

Cons: "Watch out for transmission"

"Great vehicle, good ride, turning radius is amazing, it turns around in the middle of a road with no hitting the curb, no 3 point turn. Engine purrs, beautiful sturdy interior, lots of room. Three issues I've had: 2008) The transmission was replaced at 80K because of the transmission recall. I had to fight and make a hundred calls to Honda Corporate for 3 years before Honda acknowledged that the rumbling I heard was from a transmission problem. They were waiting me out I think - if the car had gone past 80K, it would have been out of warranty for that recall. $7,500, and I paid none of it. 2010) The lights in the gear box stopped lighting up, and I googled the fix. It was a little bulb that was hidden under the gear console, had to pull up the gear housing to get to it. The goo I found under the cupholder was interesting too. Remnants of my old sodas and gunk. 2006) Rear blower stopped working; Bought the replacement transistor at Digikey (Part number = P10920-ND) -74 cents. fused it back on to the board that was in the console on the passenger side. Don't let anyone charge you $300 if you can do it yourself. You just need a screwdriver, a soldering gun, some solder wire, and a soldering sucker thingie. And I'm 'just a girl' people - you can do it too!"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted