• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2005 Acura MDX

Based on 375 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

This car's my love but can't come w/ me 2 Europe

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Best car - well cared for - one owner"

Cons: "scratch on passengers side."

"well serviced MDX by Acura dealer. 2006 was last year of this great model before they changed the size and look. Full luxury SUV, powerful, good in snow, mud, on beach. Hauls children, dogs, furniture. Is true multipurpose luxury ride going from daily chores to elegant soirees. I don't want to let her go, yet don't want her to sit for months"

Wow. Just wow.

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Great engine, bulletproof and strong"

Cons: "Not the prettiest vehicle, seat warmers suck"

"I bought mine with 140k miles on it and am nearing 200k. It needed a valve adjustment and new struts in the last 20k miles, but since then this thing still runs like new. Seats show some wear, driver seat warmer didn't work when we bought it (and broke again since we fixed it). Nav system only works partially but I use my phone anyway.Jumps off the line if you need it to, rides super smooth. No head turner, but it just keeps on running SUPER smooth. Sound system rocks."

Most comfortable ride with smooth handling

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "most comfortable ride"

Cons: "fuel economy could be better"

"I purchased this vehicle used with 58k miles on it. Currently it has 178000 and going strong. I've been consistent with oil changes and probably could have been more diligent with manufacture recommended tune-ups .... Still a great runner that glides down the road with ease. I particularly like the quick acceleration when needed in a pinch. I highly recommend."

new trans,tires ,paint,shocks&struts,updated gps,g

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

"garaged ,mostly highway miles,very clean&well maintained,new trans,tires, paint,shocks&struts,updated GPS"

Reliable - watch out for 2001-2 transmission issue

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great engine, long lasting."

Cons: "Watch out for transmission"

"Great vehicle, good ride, turning radius is amazing, it turns around in the middle of a road with no hitting the curb, no 3 point turn. Engine purrs, beautiful sturdy interior, lots of room. Three issues I've had: 2008) The transmission was replaced at 80K because of the transmission recall. I had to fight and make a hundred calls to Honda Corporate for 3 years before Honda acknowledged that the rumbling I heard was from a transmission problem. They were waiting me out I think - if the car had gone past 80K, it would have been out of warranty for that recall. $7,500, and I paid none of it. 2010) The lights in the gear box stopped lighting up, and I googled the fix. It was a little bulb that was hidden under the gear console, had to pull up the gear housing to get to it. The goo I found under the cupholder was interesting too. Remnants of my old sodas and gunk. 2006) Rear blower stopped working; Bought the replacement transistor at Digikey (Part number = P10920-ND) -74 cents. fused it back on to the board that was in the console on the passenger side. Don't let anyone charge you $300 if you can do it yourself. You just need a screwdriver, a soldering gun, some solder wire, and a soldering sucker thingie. And I'm 'just a girl' people - you can do it too!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals