2004 Acura MDX

Based on 408 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"My wife and I bought our 03 w/touring package new and had a few minor issues in the beginning but all were covered under warranty. Since then it has been nothing but smooth sailing. We have all services performed at the dealer (can be expensive but we have a record of all services done) and use premium gas in it. We average 17 mixed driving and 21 on the road, my wife can get better but I drive a bit more aggressively than her. The kids love the factory dvd player and use it everytime they get into it. It has been a very good vehicle and we plan on keeping it for a long time to come. I would recommend one to anyone!"

295,000 miles!!..still comfortable ride

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"I bought this 2002 Touring in autumn of 2001, day after 9/11...handles great, especially on wet pavement....I have 295,000 miles on this car...transmission was replaced under warranty at 40,000 miles, I put a rebuillt transmission in at 222,000 ($2,800)...never any other problems...road noise is more so than Lexus, but handles much better than lexus..mud guard on back tire rotted after 2 years...engine still runs great, no vibrations from engine or interior..gas mileage is 16-18 mpg consistantly...you do not have to use premium gas-91 octane, but I always have...great car..I like the body style better than the new model..new model looks too much like crv.."

Best car owned

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

"Bought new, 180,000 miles later no problems. Truly amazing. Our 3 boys learned how to drive in this car and beat up on it pretty well, but never have had any abnormal issues to date. Definatley get what you pay for. Have had to FL from OH more times than we can count with 4 passengers and although can get cramped truly is a great traveling car. Great on the highway and good pickup around town."

Great bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"I have owned several SUV's and this by far is the best. I have 20k miles on it thus far. Great family car. People cant believe the size inside. Is bigger then shows outside. Was rear-ended by a school bus. Very little damage to the MDX. The Bus however was banged up in the front completely. Cars like this are a rare build these days. Gave styling a 4 star. Only knock I could give given I own a 2006 and the styling didnt change from 2001. **BOTTOM LINE- If you can find a deal on one of these Babies....BUY IT!"

Very Reliable Overall

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "Good handling in bad weather"

Cons: "Premium Fuel Only"

"My girlfriend and I were looking for an SUV and looked around for a while drove a few vehicles but I was not impressed, then we saw this one at an Acura dealer in Dallas stop by took a drive, I have to say I drive a 7 series BMW and after driving this particular vehicle I was impressed, the weather was a bit wet but the vehicle feel't solid on bad weather, the interior is well designed no issues with cheap like materials etc, the controls are very well designed and well placed,again the handling of this vehicle is from really good to excellent, i recommend you drive it to experience what I felt when I drove it, the only drawback is this vehicle only burns premium fuel other then that, is a very well made very well equipped vehicle"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals