2002 Acura MDX

Based on 409 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

GOOD, BUT...

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"Loved it initially then had several issues hit right near warranty expiration date: electrical issue with interior lights (covered), fuel injector system/valves (?) replaced twice (covered both times), rear AC unit went out (replaced at my cost), rear view mirror fell off and had to replace entire system at my cost, towing package electrical system went out and argued to get Acura to replace at their cost, and the biggies- we're on the 2nd transmission and 1 torque converter despite having the towing package installed and maintaining vehicle according manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule and towing far below the vehicle's capacity for only 2 years. That being said, the MDX's HP did a great job pulling the light load and up even steep boat ramps when locked in 4WD. The good news- Acura covered the transmissions at their cost both times despite being beyond warranty but boy, what a nuisance. Moving on to another vehicle before this one ends up costing me more than it is worth as it begins to self destruct. Despite issues, enjoyed the vehicle for over 100K miles but need something more reliable where it is easier to access the 3rd row with 2 car seats in place in 2nd row when transporting additional passengers. Yup- the dreaded minivan. MDX was great for the 2 of us then 4 of us but only folks with short legs who are nimble can get to that 3rd row easily and stay there comfortably for longer trips especially when you have any cargo in back."

Not worth the money

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I have had more problems with this 1 car than my last 5 Toyota's combined and I average 150K miles before getting rid of a car. Transmission vibration, road noise, the oil shocks have gone out TWICE EACH in only 115K miles, Entire electrical system shut down due to a short in the firewall, the rear AC is out, door switches for lights are sticking, rear wiper assembly came off, etc. This car has been dealer maintained (expensive and below average service) and garaged since I bought it new. It had problems from the start and is not aging gracefully. When I purchaced again last year, it was another Toyota. The best thing about the MDX is the all wheel drive. It performs well in wet conditions."

up in the air

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "drives well, great motor"

Cons: "put a transmission in it (not cheap in a acura)"

"i bought this vehicle with 76000 miles on it. loved the car handled great ran like a top. at 120,000 the transmisson went and cost me 3600 dollars with a 3 year warranty. at roughly 200000 miles the ignition went bad in it, the car would randomly shut off while driving it, no power brakes, no power steering. needless to say my wife was not impressed with this. it now has 220000 miles on it and still runs strong and drives well, from what i have heard this is not typical of the acura line but this was my expirience. wouldn't be my first choice but certainly not my last"

Wow. Just wow.

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Great engine, bulletproof and strong"

Cons: "Not the prettiest vehicle, seat warmers suck"

"I bought mine with 140k miles on it and am nearing 200k. It needed a valve adjustment and new struts in the last 20k miles, but since then this thing still runs like new. Seats show some wear, driver seat warmer didn't work when we bought it (and broke again since we fixed it). Nav system only works partially but I use my phone anyway.Jumps off the line if you need it to, rides super smooth. No head turner, but it just keeps on running SUPER smooth. Sound system rocks."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "super"

Cons: "Directions clearer on how to take the jack out"

"I am now at 166,000 miles. My husband has gotten 2 new cars since our marriage and he can't rip this one out of my hands. i love it because of the turning radius and absolutely no blind spot. It handles well to this day and acura stands by their cars having replaced my transmission for free at 103,000 miles. Yes, out of warranty, a new transmission for free! This was the first year for the MDX.(2001). I can't seem to find a replacement vehicle I like. Sure wish the new MDX had the same window view we grew up with. The old school,turn and look, is a thing of the past? I just can't get used to the rear camera my husband has. Just not me... Come on Acura make your new MDX with the same 2001 windows!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals