2001 Acura MDX

Based on 404 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

You get what you pay for!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, safe & reconfigures to meet cargo needs."

Cons: "Gas mileage, nav/DVD can be expensive repairs"

"Couldn't afford one of these new, so waited a few years - but well worth it! Have put 70K+ miles on MDX in 4 years, cross-country trips, mountains, beaches - always mechanically reliable. Gas mileage isn't best, but great for hauling kids, dogs, and stuff from big box stores and garden center. Have never had an accident - but safety (airbags galore) is one of the reasons we bought - drive a lot and carry precious cargo! Only suggestion I'd make is to look into an extended warranty, there are so many complex electrical systems with navigation and DVD - it'll save you money if problem occurs. Ours was $1500 and covered $2300 in mox-nix repairs in just a few years."

Can't sell it, great suv!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, and everything else"

Cons: "gas mileage and requires premium"

"I've been looking at buying a new car and just don't feel like many of the new cars are much of an upgrade to my MDX. I bought this car with 90k miles on it, it now has 209k. In that time, I've only had to put an EGR valve in and do routine maintenance. There is a clunking in the front end now but that's pretty much a given on Michigan roads for high mileage cars. It seems like my friends and family always have their car in the shop but I'm confident in mine. The AWD and traction control gets this car through the snow without a problem. I've almost forgotten that snow is a problem for some people. Sound system is great. The car drives as smooth as silk, even with its high miles. The only thing that I don't like about this car is the gas mileage and the fact that it must be run on premium. Also there have been a few times that the stability control has involuntarily braked on dry pavement recently."

192K miles with normal maintenaince!!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "best navigation still, great ride"

Cons: "tow hitch rusts"

"I bought this car new in 2004, it currently has 192K miles on it and all I have had to do is the normal scheduled maintenance. Just finishing up on third set of tires and still get the average gas mileage as when new. If you take care of this car it will last a long time and won't break your wallet to maintain."

Seriously- best vehicle almost ever!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "comfort, stable, reliable, beautiful"

Cons: "high test gas, no auto back door"

"On everything that was available back in 2001 this car is the greatest thing. My only criticism is that it requires high test gas. I would not be getting a new car even now- it still drives like a youngster- but with 200,000 miles I am a bit anxious because I must travel quite a bit on main highways and long distances for my work. If I was only doing city travel I would keep it until it died of natural causes. I think this car will take someone at least another 100,000!"

Fix the transmissions for good

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Only shortcoming I have had is the transmission. It is very well documented that there is a problem. My 2002 is on the third tansmission at 125K miles. Acura helped pay for the replacements, but used rebuilt transmissions. So, although I love the car, I'm not sure I'll keep it as long as I'd like. They should have come clean a long time ago and fixed every one. Check some MDX blogs on Google and you'll find many, many transmission issues. It is a shame. Great vehicle otherwise."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura MDX near Honolulu. See local deals