1994 Acura Integra

Based on 533 Ratings for the 1994 - 2001 models.

Quality Driving Experience and Reliability Amazing

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, rides low and quick"

Cons: "poor cup holder locations, road noise"

"I'm entering my 30s and have owned about 4 cars in my lifetime. This is by far my most favorite out of the ones I've owned (mostly Japanese). Many people say the Integra is just a Civic with different lights and badges. I'd beg to differ. I appreciate the subtle differences with the Acura GS like leather seats. The 1.8 liter engine is a little more responsive than the civic's 1.6 of the era. I've driven civics and they are a little more narrow and cheaper. Don't get me wrong, I love Honda's, I don't mean to bash the civic...great car, but the Integra just has a little more premium feel. You'll discover it once you own one. Some of the drawbacks I'd have to say is road noise. With the Integra you'll get no window frame on the doors, which is what I believe to make the difference in dampening road noise, especially on hwy. mine is a 99, drives like a champ, doesn't leak or burn and the trans is still good, slipping a little perhaps. I drive the 4 door and it still feels and looks sporty, compared to the small family feel of the four door civic. If you're big on quality Honda engines, premium interior feel, and reliable parts that won't fail prematurely choose an Integra. Choose any Acura for that matter."

Great car for the money

By on Saturday, March 12, 2011

"The 1996 Acura integra is a great car. It's reliable and gets good gas mileage. (approx 29 miles per gallon). My car has about 180,000 miles and still purrs like a kitten."

Great value for a reliable car

By on Friday, October 26, 2007

"The Integra is a stylish, reliable and efficient vehicle. The only negative aspect of the car is comfort. The vehicle has a low profile, which seats the driver and passenger in a reclined position. There is also a significant amount of road noise. If you can tolerate these minor comfort issues, this is an excellent vehicle with great gas mileage."

Gets Contiuous Offers to Buy

By on Sunday, August 9, 2009

"If I were younger I would not sell this gem of a car. I feel still totally attached. I purchased the car new in the Bay Area (Oakland dealership) in 1998. I have kept all records. The only reason I did not choose the "Excellent" category is because I did have some body work driver's side from a deer 'attack' several years ago. Had original protective coating redone and there is no evidence of repair. Other than this I have not had any major expenses - just the usual - timing gear, battery and normal service. I love this car. Each time I take it to the dealer for service a salesman finds me and makes an offer. I have not looked for a new car yet and am not interested in selling until I hear the dealer's offer."

So thankful for this car

By on Monday, December 8, 2008

"I purchased my Integra in Oct 1993, and 205K miles later, it's still rolling! PROS: *Reliability. Vast majority of repairs were worn-out parts. Never had any unexpected breakdowns. *Fun to drive. Gearbox has short "throw", making shifting smooth & efficient. Engine has 144 HP and plenty of pep. *Handling. Power-assisted steering kicks in only when you need it most (i.e. from a stop). Front-wheel drive has propelled me through many a muddy/snowy/icy situation. *Comfort. Front seats are very supportive & have lumbar back support. Ample head & leg room for a 6'2" driver. *Good MPG, Uses Reg Unlead gas. *Excellent electrical system. Always started well in spite of weather conditions. Rear-window defogger still blows the ice away. *Cavernous trunk space when the back seats are down. My bicycle fits inside without removing the front wheel. I once carried a dryer with the hatch closed all the way! A great car on "moving day" or when travelling & carrying lots of luggage. *** CONS: *Rear windows do not open & are very small, which interfere with rear visability. *Gas tank capacity only about 14 gals, which means more stops at the gas station. *Back seat access can be awkward, and rear leg room is somewhat limited. *Aerodynamic design can fool you into thinking you are not travelling as fast as you actually are (I've been pulled over for speeding when I was in no hurry to get anywhere)! *Replacement parts, when needed, are expensive (like most foreign cars). Uses Hi-performance tires which are more expensive than average. *Air bag reduces horn to small buttons on steering wheel. *Internal door locks tend to dry out quickly for some reason. I've needed to lubricate them more often than any other car I've owned. *Housing for motor of rear windshield wiper creates "bump" on interior of hatch, which can prevent it from closing completely when trunk is packed full. *Like similar Honda models, these cars seem to be vulnerable to rusting around the rear wheelwells with time. *Cleaning the interior of the car is a workout! There are several little places where dust/dirt can accumulate that are difficult to reach with a vacuum or cloth. *They are also a workout at snow-removal time. A real "snow magnet"! I've never seen a car accumulate so much snow during a snowstorm as mine! Fellow New Englanders, beware! :) *And speaking of winter...there are two small, round pieces of plastic on the outside of the rear window, which are used to attach the brake light. It is easy to forget they exist and WHACK into them with your ice scraper after a storm! (It's a lot funnier when you're NOT standing outside in the cold trying to get to work!) *** For me, though, the Pros far outweighed the Cons, and this car was as close to perfection as any vehicle out there. Sadly, it has rusted considerably over the years in this New England environment, but I intend to hold onto this car as long as the engine keeps running & I can keep it patched together!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura Integra near Honolulu. See local deals