2015 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,357 - $26,898.

10/6.9

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Just made 10,000mi with my ILX!

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Great looking and easy to park"

Cons: "Road noise and lack of power are irritating!"

"Just made 10,000mi with my 2013 ILX - 5 Speed w/Tech. pckg.- I love the look and size of this car. I have Crimson Garnet with the beige interior so it is very good looking. Only disappoints are road noise and lack of power upon accerating. I wish the 200HP engine was available with the automatic. Sometimes I think I should have gotten the manual, but then you can't get the tech. pckg. - Also, I think they added more noise insulation in 2014 and that would be a help. I believe the next time this car is changed the engine will be larger."

Try this car, you will like it!

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Great looks, depenability, style and safety"

Cons: "Slightly underpowered, no lane watch."

"I have owned many Honda's over the years, this is my first new Acura, This is a very good handling model. The more I drive it the better I seem to like it. Civic sized but everything else is upgraded. Very classic styling, with nice interior details. Great fuel, great looks, great insurance rates and great safe driving. Try one."

Great Luxury Car at Great Value for common drivers

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Great car, Interior, Handling and Simplicity"

Cons: "Not powerfully enough for driver who like speed"

"2014 ILX is a perfect for person who want an affordable nice luxury car. The car looks nice and driver really comfortable inside. If you are good at bargaining with car dealers, you can possibly get this car at a price of an Honda Accord or EX-L Civic. If you do not really demand speed, this car is extremely worth its price. Beside, you can still have some fun drive with the sport mode and paddle-shifter. The leather seats also has nice material that does not burn your butt after heating all day in the sun light. Lane-watch vs no lane-watch *Just personal opinion, please dont judge me :) Even thou ILX is a Honda variant, it does not really have the lane-watch system that almost all 2014 Honda got. However, depends on preference on different driving style, lane-watch can be either a great tool or a great distribution. In fact, adding a camera to the side mirror is actually extreme economics for manufactures. It is a cheaper way to solve blind spot than the active detecting system. Simple way to solve a hard problem. If i am Acura, I will try to get my feet wet by adding the lane-watch system to future ILX and see how people like it."

Acura is the way to go for any model - "great car"

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Interior and great gas mileage"

Cons: "hand rests by the driver's door are too low"

"I fell in love with this car the moment I saw it at the dealer's showroom. Even though, I feel like I paid a bit more than what I wanted, I am truly enjoying my ILX. It is one of the best cars I have driven so far. Acura makes quality cars and ILX is a perfection from them."

There's more to life than horsepower

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "TOP comfort, features, & refinement for the value"

Cons: "Low on power, suspension on the softer side"

"I was apprehensive about this car at first. I drive an American performance-oriented car and my wife drove an old Honda Accord sedan. Recently we realized that we need a replacement for her car and started shopping around. We had around $30,000 to play with and were going to settle for something like a Mazda6 or a Buick Verano when this car caught our attention. --- At first, I was unimpressed. 150 horses isn't a lot, though the car is pretty small and light.. About 500 lbs lighter than the Accord sedan it would replace. We were disappointed that the "sporty" model with the highly-lauded and high revving Civic Si engine did not come with automatic (I guess that makes sense) or technology package (meaning no Nav). Wife doesn't want to drive stick every day, so we were suck with the 150 horses. --- I'll admit, it's slow. But after taking a couple of test drives in this car plus some others, I've come to the conclusion that contrary to what my mindset was before looking at this car - remember I drive a performance-oriented American car - there really is more to life than horsepower. The engine has enough spunk to speed off from a stop sign with ease, and just enough to make passing maneuvers on the highway safe and not a struggle. You won't win any stoplight derbies against anyone actually trying, though. --- What makes up for it is everything else. The styling is attractive. The 2014 model has a standard upgraded interior. The center console is elegantly designed for this price range and very intuitive, like on most Hondas/Acuras. Nothing superfluous or overly-complicated. The seats are comfortable, even for long trips, and the leather is high quality. --- The driving dynamics, OTHER than the power, are great too. Typical Honda/Acura light steering, which lets you handle the car with ease, but with a decent amount of feedback from the wheel compared to other brands that offer light steering with little driving feedback at all. Very good handling for a front-wheel drive car, with almost unnoticeable torque-steer under load. The engine is also buttery-smooth and very refined, as are most Honda 4 cylinder engines. No, it's not the Si engine, but it feels almost as happy to rev (and believe me, you'll have to). The suspension is a little soft, definitely not sport-tuned, but for an entry luxury car, I didn't expect the suspension to have the tightness of a sports car. Overall, averaging about 30 mpg, so no complaints there. --- Value-wise, this is a STEAL. We paid right around $30,000 for a smartly designed car with all the right features - Leather, well-designed nav/infotainment system, backup camera, Pandora radio, voice control, bluetooth all integrated, and a lot more. Can't think of many cars in this price range that offer all of these features in such a nice package. --- Overall, I think we made the right choice. Maybe it's a little frustrating to have to mash the gas pedal to get some oomph out of the car, but everything else falls right into place. Also, unlike with other brands, we know that Honda/Acura make quality cars that are built to last. Our Accord had over 200K miles on it and was still going strong with its 4 cylinder engine, so we have no doubt that this car will do the same. I would highly recommend this car to any of my friends, as well as anyone reading this review."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next